Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:17 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I am awaiting mileage from returns on 10/4 and 10/10. As of this morning nothing has posted for me either.
My miles from my rental on 10/13 haven't posted either, although the rental receipt shows them.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by ecaarch
My miles from my rental on 10/13 haven't posted either, although the rental receipt shows them.
Avis postings have started to become erratic too. I suppose it could be a Delta issue since they merged things on Oct 1. But it could be a Avis/Budget issue as well.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
great bcd

Z619843 gives a great rate at tri state airports
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Because we have at least 3 threads on the recent problems with Avis and Budget posting bonus miles, I created a thread soliciting NW members for their feedback on posting patterns for car rentals.

Avis/Budget questions for NW savvy members

If you are looking for either Avis or Budget promos (or both) to post you might want to following this thread. I feel like we need a central thread for discussion of the posting issues since Avis and Budget are one company.

Evan!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
My budget posted today, but ONLY for 50 miles, even though my receipt says 3050. What do I do now?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
My budget posted today, but ONLY for 50 miles, even though my receipt says 3050. What do I do now?
Live with 50 or spend 2 hours on the phone; only to find yourself back at "GO"
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Boo Budget, boo 3,100 miles on check-out receipt...only 100 credited to SkyMiles. I'm in the same boat as several of you. I will be fighting this and will post any steps I took that proved fruitful.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Same here from a rental on 10/11....I believe they will post and if they don't I'll be ready to scream for the for the POINTS [

edited: 50 miles posted today as Non Air Activity Budget Car Rental Standard Offer. Still waiting on the 3K bonus miles.

Last edited by MRKEY; Oct 27, 2009 at 2:12 am Reason: update
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had eventual success in the 2008 Budget 7500 mile/rental fiasco.

Call Budget and request miles, making sure you get a case number. Then wait for the boilerplate time period to pass and file a BBB claim. It took me about 4 months from the rental to see the credit but I innocently thought the issue could be resolved directly with Budget. My local BBB, also covering the rental location, would not take the claim, I was referred to the BBB office covering Budget HQ (Tulsa, OK).
Old Oct 28, 2009, 8:34 am
Original Poster

IMHO it is quite clear that the problem lies with Delta. There is just too much information pointing to DL being the one to lag on posting bonuses for Buget and Avis.

See here: Delta 5000 mile promotion ended??? [Nope, Still alive] Post #37
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I had two rentals at LAS: 12 Sep and 17 Sep. Apparently the LAS location has its own separate line for customer service and is independent from the rest of Budget's support. I spent 17 mins on hold, then was abruptly transferred to a voicemail box.

Methinks this is the last of the Budget rentals.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jazzop
I had two rentals at LAS: 12 Sep and 17 Sep. Apparently the LAS location has its own separate line for customer service and is independent from the rest of Budget's support. I spent 17 mins on hold, then was abruptly transferred to a voicemail box.

Methinks this is the last of the Budget rentals.
Mrp Alert (my hero) confirmed a successful use of MUAZ002 at mile marker #54. However he never specified if LAS was the rental location. I have PM'd him on your behalf asking if his receipt for 3050 miles was at LAS. Edit: I should have clarified that Mrp Alert's home location is LAS.

What did your return receipt show for miles earned? What was your BCD code? Have you ever received miles, base or bonus, using that BCD code? Personally I have never rented a car in Las Vegas so I can't say from first hand experience if LAS has ever participated in a Budget or Avis promo. But Mrp racked up over 100K miles in 45 days back in early 2008 and I have to assume that LAS was where he was renting and Avis/Budget was where he got a lot of miles. But at that time CO and Budget were offering 9,999 miles for qualifying rentals.

I had a 9/19 and a 9/26 Budget rental that posted with no problems. So there is hope yet if we can get confirmation that LAS is participating. Screw the phone reps. You now need to start a snail mail campaign.

Last edited by Evan!; Oct 28, 2009 at 12:28 pm
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by Evan!
What did your return receipt show for miles earned?
I have never had a receipt from Budget show "miles earned". I have always had to get the miles retroactively via haranguing phone calls.

Originally Posted by Evan!
What was your BCD code? Have you ever received miles, base or bonus, using that BCD code?.
I used the generic BCD code that was contained in the same DL email as the MUA code.

LAS has always been a participating location for these annual 3000- and 5000-mile promos. I also confirmed with the operator when I made the reservations, and again when I picked up the cars, that my codes were valid and I would be receiving the bonus. They even said "3000 miles" without me prompting them, so I know it was in their system at the time I picked up the cars.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jazzop
I have never had a receipt from Budget show "miles earned". I have always had to get the miles retroactively via haranguing phone calls.

I used the generic BCD code that was contained in the same DL email as the MUA code.

LAS has always been a participating location for these annual 3000- and 5000-mile promos. I also confirmed with the operator when I made the reservations, and again when I picked up the cars, that my codes were valid and I would be receiving the bonus. They even said "3000 miles" without me prompting them, so I know it was in their system at the time I picked up the cars.
Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. Not somewhere great but at least somewhere. I (and many others) when returning our cars in the garage get a receipt from the hand-held device used by the employee. At the bottom of that receipt you should see FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3050. In the past if I saw nothing or the wrong amount I would proceed to the Budget counter to rectify the issue. This has always worked for me. If I was in a hurry and could not go to the counter (figuring I could fix the problem by phone later) I would end up having to fight for my miles.

You have a glitch somewhere and it looks like it is a consistent glitch. I can't say what the exact glitch is but you might want to go to Budget and ask to speak to the manager face-to-face and explain what your experiences have been and the experiences you have learned of others on FT. Perhaps he/she can get to the bottom of why your receipts are not showing 3050 and rectify the problem.

We're with you buddy! I think phone and email is no longer the way to fixing this problem. As I have said before regarding Avis and Budget: When it works it works well. But when it's broken it is a real b!tch getting it fixed.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Well, for those of us who has the receipt that shows 3050 miles earned....what should we do? Just wait?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.