Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:51 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Looks like this offer has disappeared!

I went looking for this promo to print out to coupon and get directions today - but it has disappeared, along with most car rental mile promos, from the Delta site. In fact, the fabuolous 3K/5K bonus offer from Budget's corporate partner Avis has disappeared as well, replaced by a 1.5K offer.

I was getting ready to make some Budget rentals for my shorted rentals but now I don't know what to do - only that I am not happy since this offer was supposedly good through 12/31/09!

Anyone have any insights?

FTF

PS: I was actually looking for the terms so I could see if Budget even gives miles for non-airport locations (Avis does not). Just in case this offer is still valid, does anyone know their fflyer policy on city location rentals? I went to the Budget website but couldn't find mention of their fflyer policies, only a tab for frequent renter.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I went looking for this promo to print out to coupon and get directions today - but it has disappeared, along with most car rental mile promos, from the Delta site. In fact, the fabuolous 3K/5K bonus offer from Budget's corporate partner Avis has disappeared as well, replaced by a 1.5K offer.

I was getting ready to make some Budget rentals for my shorted rentals but now I don't know what to do - only that I am not happy since this offer was supposedly good through 12/31/09!

FTF

PS: I was actually looking for the terms so I could see if Budget even gives miles for non-airport locations (Avis does not). Just in case this offer is still valid, does anyone know their fflyer policy on city location rentals? I went to the Budget website but couldn't find mention of their fflyer policies, only a tab for frequent renter.
I just booked this offer in PHL yesterday. Try here:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...medallion.html
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

FTF

I called Avis after the web site disappeared. They confirmed that the coupon code was good through Dec 31, 2009. I wasn't aware that the Budget copy had been pulled. I don't have a Budget rental scheduled until Nov. Hopefully FTers will continue to post successes here. We'll see.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:38 am

$27/day surcharge for those under 25 years of age kills this for me Not like it's unique to Budget though.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond; HHonors Gold; PriorityClub Plat
Booked Today

I booked today for next week. Entered the coupon and when I went to select the car, there was a statement under the $amount that the coupon was accepted. Of course, now I wish I'd done a screen print of that!!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:23 am
Original Poster

As of right now this url still working:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...medallion.html

Last edited by Evan!; Oct 29, 2009 at 11:03 am
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Evan!
I called Avis after the web site disappeared. They confirmed that the coupon code was good through Dec 31, 2009. I wasn't aware that the Budget copy had been pulled. I don't have a Budget rental scheduled until Nov. Hopefully FTers will continue to post successes here. We'll see.
Thanks Evan! That is terrific news.

Also, I turned in my Avis 3-day rental today and got the full bonus, at least on my receipt. Now I just have to hope it goes through but I bet it will.

(I know we are tallking Budget but since they have the same ownership and the same disappearing-coupon issue I figured many would want to know it worked.)

FTF
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Evan! That is terrific news.

Also, I turned in my Avis 3-day rental today and got the full bonus, at least on my receipt. Now I just have to hope it goes through but I bet it will.

(I know we are tallking Budget but since they have the same ownership and the same disappearing-coupon issue I figured many would want to know it worked.)

FTF
Awesome news from you too! Thanks. Tomorrow is the 17th so I am expecting two Avis postings of 5500 each from rentals completed on 10/2 and 10/9.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Why 500 miles when you can get 3000?

Here: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm.../delta10x.html

This makes me a bit nervous about the 3K promo. 500/day for 1-day is not nearly as good as 3050 for a 1-day rental.
Earn 10x miles PLUS save up to 40%

Budget welcomes the new Delta SkyMiles® program with an amazing offer — 500 miles per rental day PLUS up to 40% off.

* Delta SkyMiles® members can save up to 40% off every Budget rental with BCD #U093306.
* Earn even more with our 10x miles offer — that’s 500 miles per rental day!
* Simply rent a Budget vehicle for at least 1 day, but no more than 5 consecutive days at participating airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Mention coupon #MUAZ040 and your Delta SkyMiles number when making your advance reservation to receive bonus miles offer.
* Offer valid from October 1, 2009 through November 30, 2009.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.
Rent Now
terms and conditions

* 500-miles-per-day offer is valid on a qualifying rental of 1-5 consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Bonus miles will not be awarded on rentals that exceed 5 rental days.
* Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X).
* Delta SkyMiles Number must be mentioned at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus miles.
* Mention BCD #U093306 for savings up to 40%. Also mention coupon number MUAZ040 to receive bonus miles offer.
* An advanced reservation is required.
* Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your BCD discount.
* The savings of up to 40% applies to the time-and-mileage charges only.
* Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
* Optional items such as LDW ($29.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
* Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at budget.com.
* Car rental return restrictions may apply.
* Offer subject to change without notice.
* Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
* Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements.
* Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
* Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day may apply.
* Rental must begin by November 30, 2009.

Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:58 am

Here: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm.../delta10x.html

This makes me a bit nervous about the 3K promo. 500/day for 1-day is not nearly as good as 3050 for a 1-day rental.
Earn 10x miles PLUS save up to 40%

Budget welcomes the new Delta SkyMiles® program with an amazing offer — 500 miles per rental day PLUS up to 40% off.

* Delta SkyMiles® members can save up to 40% off every Budget rental with BCD #U093306.
* Earn even more with our 10x miles offer — that’s 500 miles per rental day!
* Simply rent a Budget vehicle for at least 1 day, but no more than 5 consecutive days at participating airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Mention coupon #MUAZ040 and your Delta SkyMiles number when making your advance reservation to receive bonus miles offer.
* Offer valid from October 1, 2009 through November 30, 2009.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.
Rent Now
terms and conditions

* 500-miles-per-day offer is valid on a qualifying rental of 1-5 consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Bonus miles will not be awarded on rentals that exceed 5 rental days.
* Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X).
* Delta SkyMiles Number must be mentioned at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus miles.
* Mention BCD #U093306 for savings up to 40%. Also mention coupon number MUAZ040 to receive bonus miles offer.
* An advanced reservation is required.
* Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your BCD discount.
* The savings of up to 40% applies to the time-and-mileage charges only.
* Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
* Optional items such as LDW ($29.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
* Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at budget.com.
* Car rental return restrictions may apply.
* Offer subject to change without notice.
* Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
* Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements.
* Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
* Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day may apply.
* Rental must begin by November 30, 2009.

Why does it make you nervous? Do you think they will not honor the promotion and dispense the miles? I have two rentals next week, so if you are nervous, I think I am too!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FelineTraveler
Why does it make you nervous? Do you think they will not honor the promotion and dispense the miles? I have two rentals next week, so if you are nervous, I think I am too!
Sorry I didn't elaborate. Budget has pulled some shennigans in the past. In 2008 (IIRC) they had a great 3K bonus promo. Mid-promo they added "up to three promos per account" (or something to that affect). Thus they limited the promo to uses and not time.

The original link for the promo of this thread disappeared for a short time (it's back now). The Avis 5K/2.5K promo link disappeared and hasn't returned. It too was supposed to be good until Dec 31.

So I couldn't help but wonder if Budget might be offering a 500 mile/day promo and "pulling" the 3K for 1-day promo. I have no evidence of this.

Also, my nerves are a little sensitive right now because Avis (the other half of Avis/Budget Group) has been very consistent all year with the bonus miles posting... until October. I have one rental (5.5K) that I expected to post on the 10th. It didn't. On the 17th I was expecting that one and another 5.5K bonus to post. Neither has. On Oct 24 I should now get three 5.5K bonuses.

Here is what I am hoping are the reasons for Avis' tardiness: 1) The DL/NW program merger on Oct 1. 2) or Avis is out of SkyMiles and needs to buy another big chunk. Perhaps both are contributing. I don't want to have to fight with Avis & Budget like I did back in the beginning of 2008. I had hoped the majority of problems with getting bonus miles had been worked out. Now I am feeling deja vu.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:39 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Sorry I didn't elaborate. Budget has pulled some shennigans in the past. In 2008 (IIRC) they had a great 3K bonus promo. Mid-promo they added "up to three promos per account" (or something to that affect). Thus they limited the promo to uses and not time.

The original link for the promo of this thread disappeared for a short time (it's back now). The Avis 5K/2.5K promo link disappeared and hasn't returned. It too was supposed to be good until Dec 31.

So I couldn't help but wonder if Budget might be offering a 500 mile/day promo and "pulling" the 3K for 1-day promo. I have no evidence of this.

Also, my nerves are a little sensitive right now because Avis (the other half of Avis/Budget Group) has been very consistent all year with the bonus miles posting... until October. I have one rental (5.5K) that I expected to post on the 10th. It didn't. On the 17th I was expecting that one and another 5.5K bonus to post. Neither has. On Oct 24 I should now get three 5.5K bonuses.

Here is what I am hoping are the reasons for Avis' tardiness: 1) The DL/NW program merger on Oct 1. 2) or Avis is out of SkyMiles and needs to buy another big chunk. Perhaps both are contributing. I don't want to have to fight with Avis & Budget like I did back in the beginning of 2008. I had hoped the majority of problems with getting bonus miles had been worked out. Now I am feeling deja vu.
I hear ya. STILL waiting on the 10K bonus from NW for the Moms Dads Grads promo along with several 3K bonus on this one. Maybe it will be like the 5KGarmin promo last year when they FINALLY credited my account this February about 90 days after I rented the car!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustyr
I hear ya. STILL waiting on the 10K bonus from NW for the Moms Dads Grads promo along with several 3K bonus on this one. Maybe it will be like the 5KGarmin promo last year when they FINALLY credited my account this February about 90 days after I rented the car!
FWIW, I got my Moms Dads and Grads miles on Oct 1. Currently I am not expecting any Budget 3K bonuses. My last two Budget bonuses posted on Oct 6 while my last two Avis bonuses posted on Oct 4.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Did anyone's 3K post today? Isn't today the day? I didn't get mine
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Did anyone's 3K post today? Isn't today the day? I didn't get mine
I am awaiting mileage from returns on 10/4 and 10/10. As of this morning nothing has posted for me either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.