Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by DeltaDiamond
Good tip EVAN... as I will have 4 one-day rentals next week. I'll keep you posted. BTW - the codes did return lower rates (overall - no discount in SFO and MEM) than my original quotes. My locations will be PHI, MEM, SFO and SEA -- yes 4 cities in 5 days; not looking fowared to this trip. My guess is I won't get the bonus miles in the cities where the code did nothing to discount the rate... that maybe the hidden answer of "partisipating locations).
Maybe but I doubt it. The ad copy says "up to" 20% discount. It could very well be that at SFO and MEM your AWD was giving you the lowest possible rate with or without the coupon.

Although you are not looking forward to your trip I am looking forward to adding up to 4 locations to "the list". Good luck. Hope you get your upgrades!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
Maybe but I doubt it. The ad copy says "up to" 20% discount. It could very well be that at SFO and MEM your AWD was giving you the lowest possible rate with or without the coupon.

Although you are not looking forward to your trip I am looking forward to adding up to 4 locations to "the list". Good luck. Hope you get your upgrades!
Normally, I would be hoping for UG's, but with this itinerary... I opted not to take any chances and just booked FC + when I did the math; this trip will make me DM next year. The PHI to MEM is a (former) NW flt and the SFO to SEA is an Alaskan flt (I didn't want the SLC connection)... so this trip will yeild allot of answers I have since the merge.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:52 am

This 411 saved me $214.76... now THAT is what the FT forum should be ALL about!

Last edited by DeltaDiamond; Oct 6, 2009 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Normally, I would be hoping for UG's, but with this itinerary... I opted not to take any chances and just booked FC + when I did the math; this trip will make me DM next year. The PHI to MEM is a (former) NW flt and the SFO to SEA is an Alaskan flt (I didn't want the SLC connection)... so this trip will yeild allot of answers I have since the merge.
You go DD! FC in the bag and DM insured for sometime in 2010.

This 411 saved me $214.76... not THAT is what the FT forum should be ALL about!
Did you mean to say "now THAT is what the FT forum..."? As silly as it sounds I get a little tiny chill when I hear of such a great savings. I like to believe I was a part of it. (simple minds are easily amused)

So if I calculated correctly you, DD, will get 4 x 3050 = 12,200 SkyMiles for this one biz trip? I am impressed. Last year with a Budget promo I got over 15,350 for one biz trip. But it was only in PHX. I kept returning cars to Budget after work each evening. That promo was for 2-day rentals so I was only able to garner 3 qualifying rentals for my 5-day biz trip.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:57 pm

You go DD! FC in the bag and DM insured for sometime in 2010.

Did you mean to say "now THAT is what the FT forum..."? As silly as it sounds I get a little tiny chill when I hear of such a great savings. I like to believe I was a part of it. (simple minds are easily amused)

So if I calculated correctly you, DD, will get 4 x 3050 = 12,200 SkyMiles for this one biz trip? I am impressed. Last year with a Budget promo I got over 15,350 for one biz trip. But it was only in PHX. I kept returning cars to Budget after work each evening. That promo was for 2-day rentals so I was only able to garner 3 qualifying rentals for my 5-day biz trip.
Corrected not to now. 13,350 will be sweet, if it happens.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Corrected not to now. 13,350 will be sweet, if it happens.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at 13,350? 4 1-day rentals would yield, per per rental, 3,050 each. This totals 12,200. Where is the extra 1,150 coming from? Are some rentals actually 2-day rentals? Even if all 4 are 2-day rentals the total would be 3,100 x 4 = 12,400.

Evan! wants an extra 1,150 too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:24 pm

If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at 13,350? 4 1-day rentals would yield, per per rental, 3,050 each. This totals 12,200. Where is the extra 1,150 coming from? Are some rentals actually 2-day rentals? Even if all 4 are 2-day rentals the total would be 3,100 x 4 = 12,400.

Evan! wants an extra 1,150 too.
LOL -- you did the math, I didn't double check it.

AT: MY bad -- your post had it right.

Last edited by DeltaDiamond; Oct 6, 2009 at 11:15 pm Reason: Afterthought
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
SEA

Just dropped off my Sunday rental at SEA for $30 all-in, and the receipt shows 3050 miles.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by lesenok
Just dropped off my Sunday rental at SEA for $30 all-in, and the receipt shows 3050 miles.
Very cool! Congrats!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
At which locations did everyone's miles post on the receipts? I am keeping a list in mile marker #1 of the participating locations....
My rental was at SAV. The miles showed on my receipt and they have now posted on my SM account. ^
Old Oct 9, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ecaarch
My rental was at SAV. The miles showed on my receipt and they have now posted on my SM account. ^
My 3000+ miles from my rental in BOS have also finally posted.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Rented Oct. 1 through Oct. 4. Miles showed on my receipt. Nothing yet posting to DL. Is this a long time for Budget?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoCanes
Rented Oct. 1 through Oct. 4. Miles showed on my receipt. Nothing yet posting to DL. Is this a long time for Budget?
In 2008 the Delta posting pattern for Budget was 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. Rentals completed within a few days prior to these dates would not post on the most immediate date thereafter but skip to the next. Example: a rental completed on the 1st or 2nd would post on the 10th, not the 3rd.

I haven't done enough Budget rentals in 2009 to know for sure what the posting pattern is now. My last two posts to my DL account were both on October 6th. But the 3rd fell on a Saturday for October so that might be why I did not see the miles as expected.

For a rental completed on the 4th I would not be worried yet. Personally, I wouldn't start any email correspondence until the 20th.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
On Sept 12, in comparing Budget's price to Hertz's, I posted the following:

Originally Posted by Dovster
They are offering me a Hyundai Accent for $128.70 for the three days in FLL.

I already have a Hyundai Accent reserved at Hertz for the same 3 days for $129.32.

The difference is that Hertz's offer includes "Collision fee recovery, loss damage waiver, tax, liability insurance supplement, customer facility charge & vehicle license fee recovery, rental surcharge and energy surcharge."

When the taxes are added in, Budget's price goes up to $171.77 and, with the LDW and the liability insurance supplement, it totals out at $293.03.

My Hertz reservation was made with a Delta offer for double miles, so I will get 1000 SkyMiles instead of the 3000 that Budget is giving but I can't see spending an extra $164.33 for an extra 2000 SkyMiles.
At the time, it would have cost a few dollars more if I had entered my # 1 Gold number, so I didn't. Today, I wanted to see what the Gold would cost me but the lowest price that showed up was $174.60 for a Ford Focus.

Then I thought I would try modifying my original order. It still would not let me rent the Hyundai with my Gold number but it gave me the exact same order I originally had (Hyundai, no Gold, the taxes and fees I listed above) but the price dropped down to $95.27. Needless to say, I grabbed it.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by pshooper
I need 1600 MQM's. Do these miles count towards MQM?
Nope, RDM only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.