Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The promo period for this one has expired. Are we back to earning 50 DL miles per day for one-day Budget rentals?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
This one is 500 mi per day. Not as good as 3,000. https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm.../delta10x.html
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by BobRoss
This one is 500 mi per day. Not as good as 3,000. https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm.../delta10x.html
Better hurry. It expires Jan 31. For me the problem with this particular promo is that you can't go over 5 days. Most of my work related rentals are 6 days.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
Better hurry. It expires Jan 31. For me the problem with this particular promo is that you can't go over 5 days. Most of my work related rentals are 6 days.
If you get an amenable Budget person to, ahem, split your reservation into TWO (such as one 4 day and one 2 day) then you can qualify.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:37 am
Original Poster

If you get an amenable Budget person to, ahem, split your reservation into TWO (such as one 4 day and one 2 day) then you can qualify.
Would this require me to return the car after 4 days and re-rent it? I have usually found 2x airport fees and 2x other car rental fees to make two rentals not worth the extra expense for most FF bonuses.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
Would this require me to return the car after 4 days and re-rent it? I have usually found 2x airport fees and 2x other car rental fees to make two rentals not worth the extra expense for most FF bonuses.
Nope. They just print out two things and you sign 'em. This worked really well for the 3,000 per rental period.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Nope. They just print out two things and you sign 'em. This worked really well for the 3,000 per rental period.
Thanks. Do you get double airport fees and other agency per-rental fees?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Better Late Than Never

Well it only took four months but I finally received my base miles plus my 3000 bonus miles from a LAS rental back in November. We all know the LAS location is notorious for not posting miles and this trip was no exception. After waiting the prerequisite 90 days (as per the fine print), I called Budget and it only took about two weeks for them to contact the local franchise and post to my account. These miles promotions are great but what a pain at some of these locations.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:33 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Thanks for the update, plagwate.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: NW, UA
just picked up a car and i do see the coupon number on the rental agreement but not my DL SM#. i think i entered it at booking but am not 100% sure. Budget RA usually not show FF#? actually, it doesn't show on the reservation either but i think i entered it.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldexpress
just picked up a car and i do see the coupon number on the rental agreement but not my DL SM#. i think i entered it at booking but am not 100% sure. Budget RA usually not show FF#? actually, it doesn't show on the reservation either but i think i entered it.
What coupon number? MUAZ002? (the subject of this thread)

That coupon expired on Dec 31. Please let us know if you see the miles on the receipt. You'd be better off using MUAZ015 which is 5K for 2 days.

Budget 5000 miles/2 day rental till 3/31/2010
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Like Evan says, definitely make sure you're not using the old coupon code, and come on over and join the new thread. :-:

But I wanted to chime in on the DSM number not appearing on the RA: at least for me and where I rent, the DSM number always appears on the RA if it is in there - the one time it didn't I asked the agent to check if she had put it in correctly and sure enough she hadn't. When she re-entered it and re-printed, it was there. So you probably didn't enter it, since you don't remember for sure.

When you get back, instead of closing your rental outside you'll probably want to go back to the counter and have them fix the coupon and DSM numbers first.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.