Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by justcome
I am still waiting for the bonus miles for two of my Oct rentals...
The bonus for my one day, Oct. 18, ATL to dtwn. ATL rental just posted today. The 50 base miles for this rental posted at least a month ago.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just had my 3000 mile bonus post from a 10/23 2-day rental at MSN.

The 100 miles had posted almost immediately.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:38 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Confirming HHH Hilton Head Island SC

Multiple rentals posted
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
JFK isn't participating. I tried to book a rental online and it wouldn't let me. I called and said it didn't work for the JFK rental place.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Weird postings.

The base miles for three rentals posted today - 50, 100, and 150. However the bonuses of 3K each posted on Nov 25, Dec 3, and Dec 3. All rentals occurred from 11/14 through 11/28. Oh well. Postings are coming much faster than I thought they would after DL merged their systems with NW. The oldest rental I have due to me right now ended Dec 13. Not too shabby

What are we gonna do on Dec 31 when this promo ends?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
Originally Posted by Evan!
Weird postings.

What are we gonna do on Dec 31 when this promo ends?
Mine posted much the same way yours did... here is another promo code I found after logging on to my company's "SkyBonus" account:

AVIS
2,500 Bonus Miles for Delta SkyBonus Customers!
Delta SkyBonus Members can start saving today with Avis Corporate Awards. Use your AWD number to access low corporate rates and earn 2,500 miles on rentals of three consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.

Provide coupon number MUAA004 when making a reservation. Save more when you use your AWD #. When you pick up your car at the rental location give them your SkyMiles number to receive your bonus miles. These miles are in addition to the base miles you receive every time you rent with Avis. If your company does not have a AWD number,click here

Does not seem to have a expiry date.

Budget

Get 2 bucks back for every day you rent!

Join the Budget Business Program to save your company money — and get money back! In today’s competitive environment, a Budget business account gives you an edge and helps keep your company productive and profitable.

We’ll even give you a Budget Corporate Discount (BCD) number to share with all your traveling employees.

Use the BCD number, and your company will receive these valuable services and savings:
•Low corporate rates and discounts.
•$2 rebates for each completed rental day.
•Complimentary FastBreak membership that lets you skip the lines and go straight to your car.
•Discounts on truck rentals with Budget Truck Rental.
•Dedicated account services.
•Helpful corporate Billing services.

It’s smart. It’s easy. And it pays. Enroll Now

Get more details on the Budget Business Program.

Budget Rewards Delta SkyBonus® Members with Triple Miles!

Delta SkyBonus® Members can start saving today with the Budget Business Program. Use your BCD number to access low corporate rates and earn triple miles on rentals of three consecutive days or more at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.

Provide coupon number MUAZ003 when making a reservation. Save more when you use your BCD number. At the time of car pickup at the rental location, SkyMiles number must be specified to receive bonus miles. If your company does not have a BCD number, click here to enroll.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by yngdiego
SAT (San Antonio) does NOT participate in this promo. Both DCA and RIC do. However, a word to the wise, ALWAYS VERIFY ON YOUR TURN-IN RECEIPT THAT YOU HAVE THE FULL 3000 + DAILY MILES!

I made a reservation online and entered the coupon code. I printed a hard copy of my e-mail confirmation which showed the MUAZ002 code. However, when I turned in my car there was no record of the coupon and I only got 350 miles. Been through this before, I went directly to the counter to get the extra miles.

They looked in the reservation and they had NO RECORD of the coupon code, despite it being on my confirmation. After a call to my originating rental location, they added the coupon and my receipt listed the additional 3,000 miles. The lady told me since I was fast break that I should always verify the coupons on the paperwork they give me when I rent the car.

Apparently either Budget's IT system is total crap, or the person issuing the orginal paperwork was an idiot and didn't capture the coupon code.

NEVER leave the rental counter when you turn in your car if you don't have the FULL bonus miles on your receipt. If you try and collect them later they will likely deny it because the reservation may have NO record of the code despite what you see in your confirmation.
Where is the originating location? Your rental was one-way rental? Is the promo applicable to one-way rental also? I have a plan to check out at IAH (Houston) and check in at SAT. When I made the reservation through the Budget web site, the coupon code "MUAZ002" was accepted.

Last edited by kodok; Dec 18, 2009 at 9:47 pm
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kodok
Where is the originating location? Your rental was one-way rental? Is the promo applicable to one-way rental also? I have a plan to check out at IAH (Houston) and check in at SAT. When I made the reservation through the Budget web site, the coupon code "MUAZ002" was accepted.
I have had coupon codes accepted on line and still not gotten the miles. If the BCD is a corp code that does not allow for FF accrual this will not be caught on line from my experience. I have to conclude that other reasons such as one-ways and non-participating locations could also slip through the cracks.

You might want to call Budget and see if the agent can tell you if the coupon will work. SAT has been confirmed as participating but IAH has not IIRC. One FTer confirmed picking up at MIA and returning to FLL got him/her the bonus. But these two locations are so close to one another they could be considered the same market and thus not a one-way rental. Now sure how cozy SAT and IAH are.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:24 pm

Thank you, Evan!! I may try the code or use another dollars off coupon, after calling the agent. I will report the result, although the promo period is ending soon.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 8:25 am
Original Poster

It's funny. I have only been using this Budget coupon for rentals at home that are 3 days or less (for 4+ I use the 5K Avis coupon). Each time I have rented I have disliked Budget more and more. Their people at FLL never seem to have their act together, the lines are long, there is nothing fast about Fastbreak, the printer jams, the printer prints a totally white page because there is (again) no ink on the ribbon, there is no car in the slot they gave me, etc.

So I would stand in line and remind myself "3K 3K 3K, Evan!, 3K just remember the miles".

Yesterday I picked up my last Budget rental for the year at FLL. There were 3 people working the counter instead of one. "Where am I", I thought. Then I get called over to the Fastbreak counter by a trainee named Barry. Barry was polite, efficient, knowledgeable, un-robotic and I got the fastest Fastbreak service I have ever seen at any Budget location.

Kudos to Barry at FLL. I don't know if this is just how Barry is or whether the trainee tag made him try harder but I'm happy either way.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. - to quote Michael Corleone
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:52 am

Called two weeks ago to inquire about my two 1 day rentals and the 3k missing bonus miles from the 1st week in Nov. The CSR said I had to wait up to 90 days. The miles FINALLY did post on 12/17. So it took about 6-7 weeks. Strangely, another rental on 11/3 posted on 11/7 -- no lag time there.
Be patient, I guess, the miles will come.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leggo
Called two weeks ago to inquire about my two 1 day rentals and the 3k missing bonus miles from the 1st week in Nov. The CSR said I had to wait up to 90 days. The miles FINALLY did post on 12/17. So it took about 6-7 weeks. Strangely, another rental on 11/3 posted on 11/7 -- no lag time there.
Be patient, I guess, the miles will come.
+1 Looks like we need to adjust our thinking. I personally have been very accustomed to the predictable postings on my DL account by both Avis and Budget (aside from a few number of cluster efs over the last 3 years). It's not taking 90 days but, as leggo stated, but the miles do come. It kinda sucks that this "new normal" is in the 11th hour of the MUAA002 promo. Let's all hope for a new multi-K promo for 2010.

Edit: In the meantime, through March 31, 2010 one can get 200 miles per day from Budget with MUAA006. Rentals must be 2 days or longer. It certainly isn't 3K for one day but it will do until Budget sweetens the deal. Here. I'm spoiled now. If I do rent from Budget for a 2-day rental I will probably credit whatever miles I get to another airline as this is my way of re-starting the clock on expiration rules.

Edit again: Through January 31 one can get 500 miles per day with MUAZ040. Here. Again, 2-day rental required.

Last edited by Evan!; Dec 21, 2009 at 8:14 am Reason: More caveats.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Somewhat to my surprise, all my Budget rentals (multiple EWR, STL, a couple PHX) credited eventually - in fact, they started posting pretty fast by the end of the year. I think I ended up with 10 of them, plus a bunch of longer Avis-es. All told, a success.

But I have to add full agreement to all the cautionary notes. No matter what I try on the phone they can get the coupon in (added to my rental initiated on a company system), but never ever has the FF # "stuck." Staff aren't very interested in adding without arm-wrestling. Systems are down and it has to be added later. Sometimes I get the documents after adding in person and it's not there anyway. I'm afraid to get a fastbreak account because I figure it'll never be in there if I don't do it in person.

Like Evan! says, all I can do is stand there muttering "3K bonus miles" to myself. So no way are they displacing Avis as my preferred rental company, but I did manage to pry the miles loose from them so I expect to be there again next year.

Thanks to everyone and especially to Evan! who has really led the charge on these bonuses. ^:-: Happy New Year to all.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:12 am

Thumbs up

^
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Somewhat to my surprise, all my Budget rentals (multiple EWR, STL, a couple PHX) credited eventually - in fact, they started posting pretty fast by the end of the year. I think I ended up with 10 of them, plus a bunch of longer Avis-es. All told, a success.

But I have to add full agreement to all the cautionary notes. No matter what I try on the phone they can get the coupon in (added to my rental initiated on a company system), but never ever has the FF # "stuck." Staff aren't very interested in adding without arm-wrestling. Systems are down and it has to be added later. Sometimes I get the documents after adding in person and it's not there anyway. I'm afraid to get a fastbreak account because I figure it'll never be in there if I don't do it in person.

Like Evan! says, all I can do is stand there muttering "3K bonus miles" to myself. So no way are they displacing Avis as my preferred rental company, but I did manage to pry the miles loose from them so I expect to be there again next year.

Thanks to everyone and especially to Evan! who has really led the charge on these bonuses. ^:-: Happy New Year to all.
+1 I had to go inside each time after the rental and have them add it to the reservation again, even though each time I had a print out showing it was already there. All my miles finally posted too! Thanks Evan!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
I have had coupon codes accepted on line and still not gotten the miles. If the BCD is a corp code that does not allow for FF accrual this will not be caught on line from my experience. I have to conclude that other reasons such as one-ways and non-participating locations could also slip through the cracks.

You might want to call Budget and see if the agent can tell you if the coupon will work. SAT has been confirmed as participating but IAH has not IIRC. One FTer confirmed picking up at MIA and returning to FLL got him/her the bonus. But these two locations are so close to one another they could be considered the same market and thus not a one-way rental. Now sure how cozy SAT and IAH are.
I just want to report that the 3000 bonus mile for my rental from IAH to SAT has been just awarded, although the campaign was ended. I appreciate your information, Evan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.