Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by scotty00
FYI, I can confirm this code works out of BOS. I have 3100 on my receipt.
Great! Now PHL has a brother on the success list.

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Thanks for the find Evan! I had an upcoming Budget reservation credited to UA (gotta toss a few miles that way to keep the account active) but this is much better so I changed it.

BTW, as previously posted, the Budget site has a way of conveniently "forgetting" coupon codes so you have to check and double check them.
So far we haven't heard any horror stories. Let's hope none will come. I will be triple-checking (res,pick-up, drop-off) each time.

I wonder if any non-Medallions will give this promo a try. I can see where one would not want to risk losing the miles from another coupon ... on DL or another airline... by trying for the 3K. But my curiosity is killing me.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Originally Posted by Evan!
Great! Now PHL has a brother on the success list.

I have the miles on my receipt as well, but still haven't been posted 9 days later.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
I have the miles on my receipt as well, but still haven't been posted 9 days later.
I would give it a couple more weeks before I would panic. In my experience, if the miles are on the receipt I had only the waiting game to play. It's when the wrong miles or no miles are on the receipt that the game gets dicey. I would say "Fear not".
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
My issue with the Budget site is during the reservation process. I've entered the coupon code, double checked it, completed the reservation, then gone back to look at my reservation a day or two later, and under coupon code it will say "none". It seems to be purely a website glitch, and checking my reservations and re-entering the coupon code has always worked. My advice is just to double check the code and carry a print out with you to the counter.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
seeking clarification for non Medallions

I'm non medallion for both DL and NW

Has any Non Medallion

1. received the miles on their receipt?
2. received the miles in their DL account?

thanks
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ecaarch
My issue with the Budget site is during the reservation process. I've entered the coupon code, double checked it, completed the reservation, then gone back to look at my reservation a day or two later, and under coupon code it will say "none". It seems to be purely a website glitch, and checking my reservations and re-entering the coupon code has always worked. My advice is just to double check the code and carry a print out with you to the counter.
Good advice. I just checked my res coming up this weekend and the coupon code is still there. But I will print to be on the safe side.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
I would give it a couple more weeks before I would panic. In my experience, if the miles are on the receipt I had only the waiting game to play. It's when the wrong miles or no miles are on the receipt that the game gets dicey. I would say "Fear not".
They turned up yesterday. Good times...3100 miles for a 2 day rental works for me!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I can confirm FLL. Just returned a 1-day rental and receipt shows 3050.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I can confirm FLL. Just returned a 1-day rental and receipt shows 3050.
Same here today at PBI with a 7 hour rental - 3050 printed on receipt ^ .
Question..should I even bother with my Fastbrake/RapidRez account? What (if any) are the advantages ?

Last edited by MRKEY; Sep 20, 2009 at 8:33 pm
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
After getting stiffed by Budget on two rentals during the 9,999 promotion (and a get lost attitude by Budget CS) i'll be keeping at least a mile distance from this one. They are way too much trouble to deal with when bonus miles don't post.
Likewise.
I never recieved a single bonus mile from the 5k DL/Budget promo last year, despite renting with that code THREE times, and gave up chasing them, or renting from budget again.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
They are offering me a Hyundai Accent for $128.70 for the three days in FLL.

I already have a Hyundai Accent reserved at Hertz for the same 3 days for $129.32.

The difference is that Hertz's offer includes "Collision fee recovery, loss damage waiver, tax, liability insurance supplement, customer facility charge & vehicle license fee recovery, rental surcharge and energy surcharge."

When the taxes are added in, Budget's price goes up to $171.77 and, with the LDW and the liability insurance supplement, it totals out at $293.03.

My Hertz reservation was made with a Delta offer for double miles, so I will get 1000 SkyMiles instead of the 3000 that Budget is giving but I can't see spending an extra $164.33 for an extra 2000 SkyMiles.
That, and the fact that Hertz will actually post the miles....
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

A key birdie (his alias, not mine) has told me that his receipt shows 3050 for a 1-day rental and he is NOT a medallion at all. Now all we have to do is wait to see if the miles post to his DL account. I am predicting it will. This promo appears to be from Budget, not Delta, and DL couldn't care less who gets the 3K as long as they are selling miles to Budget.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:53 pm
In memoriam

A key birdie (his alias, not mine) has told me that his receipt shows 3050 for a 1-day rental and he is NOT a medallion at all. Now all we have to do is wait to see if the miles post to his DL account. I am predicting it will. This promo appears to be from Budget, not Delta, and DL couldn't care less who gets the 3K as long as they are selling miles to Budget.
I heard from that same little birdie that when they tried to use the coupon code MAUZ002 for tomorrow..they got this message:
Whoops! There is a problem with the coupon. Please remove the coupon to complete the reservation.

Update: The birdie called the reservations line and gave them the exact same codes and they took it with no problem...the confirmation e-mail says " offer code(s)
BCD U093300
coupon #MUAZ002# (why the extra # sign?)

Let's see what the receipt prints out when they return it.

Edit: I found the problem..they used the wrong coupon code..a typo I'm sure

Last edited by MRKEY; Sep 26, 2009 at 5:53 pm Reason: found the problem
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:05 pm

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
not working now

did three rentals last weekend - daily rentals - got 3050 on my receipt for each - first one posted - went back to book for this upcoming weekend and now the coupon won't take....: (
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:30 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by sonofapilotman
did three rentals last weekend - daily rentals - got 3050 on my receipt for each - first one posted - went back to book for this upcoming weekend and now the coupon won't take....: (
The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine despite a few typos on line. Call the res. line and have them book it with the same codes. 3 rentals so far @ PBI ..the latest printout receipt today showed the 3050 miles . Don't fall for the Travelers Advantage scheme as they automatically connect you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.