Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by sonofapilotman
did three rentals last weekend - daily rentals - got 3050 on my receipt for each - first one posted - went back to book for this upcoming weekend and now the coupon won't take....: (
I returned my 2nd rental today using this code. Got the 3050 on my receipt. I have heard of no limit on this promo. I've made a 2 more reservations with this code and the code worked when booking.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Make SURE your receipt has the total number of miles on it when you turn the car in. I made a reservation and entered the coupon and my SKymiles #. When I got the receipt I saw NO miles listed. So I went back to the counter and had them re-enter my Skymiles #. I then got 3300 miles! This was at SJC.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Is there a verdict yet on whether the miles actually show up for non-medallion members? Got a little lost in what the 'birdie's" experience was...

Also, do I understand that it may not be possible to enter the offer code online but works OK on the telephone, or was that because of typos?

I usually do the Avis bonus because most of my rentals are longer, but I've got a few short ones coming up.

I'd love to score this big bonus for 75 cents/day but would be bummed if paid for the 50 miles.

FTF
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:08 pm

Booked in Kauai

Originally Posted by Evan!
I returned my 2nd rental today using this code. Got the 3050 on my receipt. I have heard of no limit on this promo. I've made a 2 more reservations with this code and the code worked when booking.
I just booked two reservations for my week in Kauai (in October). One for the first three days and one for the last four days. We'll see what happens...
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
My 3100 miles showed on the receipt on Friday. ^ Nothing has posted to delta.com yet, but it's a little early for that.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Is there a verdict yet on whether the miles actually show up for non-medallion members? Got a little lost in what the 'birdie's" experience was...

Also, do I understand that it may not be possible to enter the offer code online but works OK on the telephone, or was that because of typos?

I usually do the Avis bonus because most of my rentals are longer, but I've got a few short ones coming up.

I'd love to score this big bonus for 75 cents/day but would be bummed if paid for the 50 miles.

FTF
The rentals from 9-20 and of course 9-27 have not posted on my friend's DL account, but they are on the receipts. It works fine on the telephone and you can give them your FF# which will be on the contract as opposed to relying on the agent to input it manually. OTOH the web site still seems to be working with the codes. Personally if I had problems with the code generated by the link ..I would call because you will get a confirmation e-mail immediately with both the coupon codes and your FF info.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
MSP

Just dropped of my first a MSP, the receipt shows 3050 miles, now I wait. There is a little work involved in this as this was the first airport rental that I made the agents document damage before I took it, seems the entire MSP fleet is full of dings.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Thanks, all. I realize some are Delta elites and so included in the description of the promo, but it sounds encouraging enough to give it a try on my next short rental.

FTF
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I returned a car and the receipt spat out sans my DL #. So, I sauntered over to the booth, had them add it along with MUAZ002. Voila - FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3050
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonofapilotman
did three rentals last weekend - daily rentals - got 3050 on my receipt for each - first one posted - went back to book for this upcoming weekend and now the coupon won't take....: (
Originally Posted by ecaarch
My 3100 miles showed on the receipt on Friday. ^ Nothing has posted to delta.com yet, but it's a little early for that.
Originally Posted by MRKEY
The rentals from 9-20 and of course 9-27 have not posted on my friend's DL account, but they are on the receipts. It works fine on the telephone and you can give them your FF# which will be on the contract as opposed to relying on the agent to input it manually. OTOH the web site still seems to be working with the codes. Personally if I had problems with the code generated by the link ..I would call because you will get a confirmation e-mail immediately with both the coupon codes and your FF info.
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I returned a car and the receipt spat out sans my DL #. So, I sauntered over to the booth, had them add it along with MUAZ002. Voila - FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3050
At which locations did everyone's miles post on the receipts? I am keeping a list in mile marker #1 of the participating locations and I am not sure if these positive experiences are locations I already have listed or new ones. Mrp, I am sure many would want confirmation that LAS is participating
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I rented from MIA (non-medallion at the time) and my contract showed my SM# and the miles for the promotion.

Returned to FLL (still non-medallion at the time) and my receipt showed my SM# and the miles for promotion.

Miles have not yet posted to my DL account, but anticipate no problem. Especially because I became medallion overnight.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Two separate rentals (both FLL and both 1-day rentals) have now posted to my SkyMiles account. Please, if you are not a Medallion and you get see the miles on your SkyMiles account post your success here so general members can take advantage of this offer.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:07 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by Evan!
Two separate rentals (both FLL and both 1-day rentals) have now posted to my SkyMiles account. Please, if you are not a Medallion and you get see the miles on your SkyMiles account post your success here so general members can take advantage of this offer.
A little birdie told that non
Medallion miles have posted to their DL accounts. Althought this is third hand info of course
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:37 am
Original Poster

I've gotten two confirmations from non-medallions that the miles posted to their SM accounts. I also updated post #1 to reflect this.

I'm still looking for any and all confirmed participating locations that anyone wants to post. I think my list in post #1 is up to date with every confirmation in the thread so far.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:23 am

Good tip EVAN... as I will have 4 one-day rentals next week. I'll keep you posted. BTW - the codes did return lower rates (overall - no discount in SFO and MEM) than my original quotes. My locations will be PHI, MEM, SFO and SEA -- yes 4 cities in 5 days; not looking fowared to this trip. My guess is I won't get the bonus miles in the cities where the code did nothing to discount the rate... that maybe the hidden answer of "partisipating locations).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.