Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by ibogost
I got there at 5:30a the other day and it was already packed.

In fairness, though, I always remember it being that way, even before the remodeling construction started. I guess that's why they're doing it!
How is it on Mondays between say 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM ?

Bob H
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by ibogost
I got there at 5:30a the other day and it was already packed.

In fairness, though, I always remember it being that way, even before the remodeling construction started. I guess that's why they're doing it!
Yes, this club has been a zoo ever since they merged in the NW ops. The NW club got pretty crowded by itself - never mind now. Still, the only way out is some sort of expansion and I'm rather thankful that DL is taking positive action. For now its time to say 'no pain no gain' and live with it.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta Plat
The thing is deffinetly a fire hazard though, way too many people in there sometimes. It's like Standing room only from 8pm til the 11:55 flights are out.

When I was there I saw people standing near the boarded up rotonda, others hanging out near the bathroom, others simply sitting on their luggage by the skyclub agents.

Oh and that elevator is the slowest elevator in the world.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Seats were available both Wednesday 9-11 am and Monday 1-3 pm.

Currently the former showers are being used for women's rest room facilities. Although the showers can't be used, they look like they would serve very well as clothes changing rooms; I could see a chair and a table suitable for a suitcase. A sponge bath might even be possible.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Seats were available both Wednesday 9-11 am and Monday 1-3 pm.

Currently the former showers are being used for women's rest room facilities. Although the showers can't be used, they look like they would serve very well as clothes changing rooms; I could see a chair and a table suitable for a suitcase. A sponge bath might even be possible.
That sucks. I will be returning to LAX on DL16 on 22 May. I hope the showers are available again by then. They make a world of difference after 14 hours in a plane before getting back on another one for 5 more hours.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Post LAX Skyclub Closed 6/23 and 6/24

I assume as part of the renovation. Didn't see any notice of how long.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
The below is posted on the skyclub locations page at delta.com:

*Due to the on-going renovations, the Club will be closed effective 1pm on Tuesday, June 22 and will reopen at 5am on Friday, June 25.

David
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Folks will have to wait for their fake cheese fix

Honestly, LAX is my base and I rearely use the club anymore. There is nothing special about it, and waiting at the gate often better chance of getting a seat AND place to charge up. I really hope the remodel changes things, but with all the cutbacks in the lounge program I'm not optimistic.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
LAX Sky Club Closed

The LAX Sky Club is closed for construction this morning.

However, the SC hot spot is accessable in the Mc Donalds.^

MO
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...6-23-10-a.html
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Folks will have to wait for their fake cheese fix
I was in SLC yesterday and their SC had REAL Tillamook Cheddar. Talk about an upgrade!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL, BA
LAX SkyClub free in Sept., 20% off membership

Just received in my email. As a non-member (I typically clear security just as boarding is about to begin), figure this is pretty sweet. I've only been in once due to LAX-JFK, and it was during renovations, which honestly made the place look dumpy (matching the smell heading into it). May need to have LAX as one of your preferred airports.

We think you'll like our newly renovated Delta Sky Club™, and we're offering you a complimentary visit to prove it.

Print this e-mail and visit our Delta Sky Club at Los Angeles International Airport's Terminal 5 mezzanine level between Gates 53 and 55 during September — compliments of Delta!

Stop by and enjoy upgraded amenities, including:

* Updated computer workstations with wireless printers, fax machines and dataports
* A designated relaxation area with comfortable seating
* An expanded, complimentary self-service snack and cocktail bar
* TVs and flight status screens, so you can keep an eye on your flight while you catch the game
* Convenient reception services and personalized flight assistance
* Private restrooms and refurbished shower suites

Plus, you may enjoy our other complimentary Club offerings, such as Wi-Fi access, newspapers and magazines.

Like what you see? Become a Delta Sky Club member before October 31, 2010 and save 20% on one- and three-year individual or joint memberships. To take advantage of this special offer, purchase your membership online at delta.com/skyclub or at any Club location and include promotion code LAXOH.

View details on our more than 50 award-winning, worldwide Club locations and membership options online.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I visited the LAX SkyClub yesterday. I was flying UA internationally and had a four-hour layover, but the Red Carpet Club with no free wi-fi and no free booze didn't do anything for me, so I headed over to Terminal 5. The only thing I did in the SkyClub was take a shower, so I can't comment on the rest of the club, post-renovations, but the shower room was nice and a very welcome addition to the club. There are two shower rooms in total and there was no wait to access them when I visited.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Good, we need the clubs even more crowded.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
WOW!! DL sure seems desperate for new SC members. I don't mind clubs that let in AMEX or Priority Pass members in but when they give away free visits this is just wrong. This is a direct downgrade of the program. Hopefully this will be the only free promotion we see out there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.