Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
there's still the area behind the checkin counter (past the bathrooms), no?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by edscholl
It was still there on Sunday.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by edscholl
Every time I have visited the club that is the only area where I can find an open plug. I keep dreaming of the day I'll go in and one of the window workspaces will be available.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM, DL Reserve, Amex Biz Plat, Bonvoy TE, HHonors Lifetime Gold
About the only thing I like about that club is the red glass tile in the bathroom. I agree that the furniture sucks. It's more open and spacious now, but it's really far less "comfortable" than the previous club. Also, I can't figure out why on earth you'd design a lounge like this without more outlets. There is only one I can think of not in the desk areas.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Fusion
About the only thing I like about that club is the red glass tile in the bathroom. I agree that the furniture sucks. It's more open and spacious now, but it's really far less "comfortable" than the previous club. Also, I can't figure out why on earth you'd design a lounge like this without more outlets. There is only one I can think of not in the desk areas.
They may have hit the limits of the electrical service to the club. Maybe doing a service upgrade wasn't possible.

The downgrade of booze and Hometown Buffet style bar leave much to be desired as well.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by DDCT
The downgrade of booze and Hometown Buffet style bar leave much to be desired as well.
Ah, one of those who can't be troubled to pour their own drinks.

I prefer not having to wait in line behind a Chatty Cathy patron (or "bartender") just to get a soda, let alone ordering a simple mixed drink and getting the wrong ingredients involved (psst, a gin and tonic is not a vodka tonic).
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM, DL Reserve, Amex Biz Plat, Bonvoy TE, HHonors Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TheMoose
Ah, one of those who can't be troubled to pour their own drinks.

I prefer not having to wait in line behind a Chatty Cathy patron (or "bartender") just to get a soda, let alone ordering a simple mixed drink and getting the wrong ingredients involved (psst, a gin and tonic is not a vodka tonic).
I agree, I actually much prefer the DTW (ex-worldclubs) service style for drinks. God, I hope they never remodel those. They are by far the gold standard of US domestic airport lounges.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I agree, I actually much prefer the DTW (ex-worldclubs) service style for drinks. God, I hope they never remodel those. They are by far the gold standard of US domestic airport lounges.
I agree. Some of the best clubs in the system. The LGA clubs, however, could DEFINATELY use some help.

Dave
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
1+

Other than where the law requires it, why should I be forced to wait in line for a drink I can get myself?

And I save $1 per beer on tips.

EDIT: On power outlets at LAX there are also some on the "bar counter" where you can sit.

Last edited by exwannabe; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, SPG GLD, DL FO, VX, UA, US, ICH, Hyatt, Avis Pref.
About the only thing I like about that club is the red glass tile in the bathroom.
Yeah, the bathrooms suck at the LAX Skyclub. After regularly visiting AA's LAX Admiral's Club I was expecting a nice restroom of the same standards from DL. It was nothing more than a regular airport restroom with Larry Craig style stalls and bright red tile. Ugghh...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
They may have hit the limits of the electrical service to the club. Maybe doing a service upgrade wasn't possible. ...
I can't imagine at LAX that adding some more outlets for minor electrical usage is going to cause some kind of electrical "ceiling" to be hit.

There are plenty of places for more outlets, like along the premiter walls where there are chairs, under the "bench" seats on the north side of the club and on the support beams, like many of the support beams in the public areas have.

Even just 5 or 6 more outlets spread evenly throughout would make a huge difference.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Dec 29, 2010 at 2:57 pm
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
They may have hit the limits of the electrical service to the club. Maybe doing a service upgrade wasn't possible.

+1 and the furnishings and layout look like someone tried to go to WalMart to duplicate the set decorations of a Stanley Kubrick movie. Very cheap, plasticy, and visually unappealing. Also, what's up with the "swastika chairs"? Those are just dumb, as well as being ugly.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ND76
I was trying to work my laptop sitting in a chair at one of the tables next to the windows looking out toward Terminal 6. The seat level was quite low compared to the table, making it uncomfortable for me.
+1^^^

Same issue and made a comment on this back when the remodel was just finished. I'm 5'11" and my keyboard was almost eye-level when I was sitting.

Booster seats?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Are the showers available for use for only limited time frames?

Can't find it now, but I thought I read somewhere that shower access was only during certain hours instead of the entire time the club is open.

I have a multi-day mileage run next month & was hoping to (buy a Day Pass so I could) take a shower during my mid-day layover at LAX.

thanks
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:12 pm

I used the showers around 11am on a weekday, no problem. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.