Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
How long would it take to walk from LAX SC to the TBIT? Is the food and beverage offering at the SC much better than the KE lounge?
You can't walk from TBIT to T2/T3 post security but DL does have a bus post security that connects them. I wouldn't rely on them in short time as it once took me 20min to get from T2 to TBIT. I've never been to the KE Lounge in TBIT but I've heard its pretty disappointing so unless you like bus rides from the T2 SC (Avoid the T3 SkyCloset at all cost if you can) than it is up to you to judge weather or not you should make the trek to the SC. As far as F&B is concerned, the T2 SC has your typical food options you would find in a SC with the only major exception being that there is a self service bar.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:09 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
You can't walk from TBIT to T2/T3 post security but DL does have a bus post security that connects them. I wouldn't rely on them in short time as it once took me 20min to get from T2 to TBIT. I've never been to the KE Lounge in TBIT but I've heard its pretty disappointing so unless you like bus rides from the T2 SC (Avoid the T3 SkyCloset at all cost if you can) than it is up to you to judge weather or not you should make the trek to the SC. As far as F&B is concerned, the T2 SC has your typical food options you would find in a SC with the only major exception being that there is a self service bar.
It is a long walk from the bus drop off to the KE lounge. The shuttle stop is at the back of the building on the bottom floor.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:43 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
it's about 15 minutes on the bus, plus what ever walk you need to do from Gate 133 in TBIT. The food and beverages in the T2 SC is much better than the KAL lounge. I usually enter in T2 and then bus over to TBIT. The self-service bar has top shelf booze (Grey Goose, Hendricks, Baileys) and some nice draft and bottled Mission beers.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
The self-service bar has top shelf booze (Grey Goose, Hendricks, Baileys) and some nice draft and bottled Mission beers.
Yet no Woodford . You can at least get either WF or I think Buffalo Trace [Makers?] though at the manned but free T3 club. Go figure.

Last edited by HeadInTheClouds; Feb 10, 2018 at 8:39 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:57 pm

Actually I also thought it said "...early 2018..." recently, but today when was walking into T3 SC, I saw the big banner like I had before, but I immediately thought, same banner, but it now says "...late 2018..." So T3 still gonna be the small over crowded place it is now, for while yet it seems
Thanks for confirming my suspicions

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So any word about T3 SC lounge renovation plans?? "early 2018" is here already and last time I was at LAX, didn't see much happening up there
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Actually I also thought it said "...early 2018..." recently, but today when was walking into T3 SC, I saw the big banner like I had before, but I immediately thought, same banner, but it now says "...late 2018..." So T3 still gonna be the small over crowded place it is now, for while yet it seems
Thanks for confirming my suspicions
What plans does DL have for the current T3 lounge? I know that they will eventually build a large, brand new SkyClub when the terminal rebuild is complete but that is still another 5 years away.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Thanks for the info. How frequently do the shuttle buses run in late evenings? Is there usually a long line waiting to board a bus? I will be flying F in KE with a departure time of 2330. Trying to decide if it's worth the effort to check out the T2 SC.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:37 am

<error/deleted>
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:30 pm

The T3 SC person I spoke to (he has been in LAX SC for several years I believe, I remember seeing him pretty commonly working the desk to rebook flights, etc Anyway, what he said it seems that most of the upper level there (which is now broken into several rooms) is gonna be expanded into or opened up to be used. Course right now didn't see any activity going on. Not sure when or seen actual plans.

What plans does DL have for the current T3 lounge? I know that they will eventually build a large, brand new SkyClub when the terminal rebuild is complete but that is still another 5 years away.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:44 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The few times I've used the bus, it's pretty fast and not crowded.

If you need to check bags or check in for KAL, you have to do that at TBIT, but quick walk to get to T22 or T3 security.

TIBT security is really painfully slow usually unless you have a business class ticket. They don't recognized STE+ nor any other elite status at TBIT security.

I assumed that the T3 lounge would expand like the previous T5 did, just take over the whole upper area including closing off the open rotunda over the walkway/escalators. Clearly nothing has happened in terms of construction so really disappointing to see it delayed. I heard a rumor that the main SC once the SkyWay was built connecting T2-3, that the upper area above it was going to be a big SkyClub.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
They better fix up and expand T3 lounge. It's an embarrassment to Delta! Absolutely the worst in the entire network of SC:
1) overcrowded with no place to sit or even stand
2) barely any decent food, no espresso machine, no open wine frig
3) no printer or scanner, and wifi is slowly and less reliable than China

They should have just combine that entire floor with Virgin Atlantic Club House, since DL own a big chunk of Virgin Atlantic.

5 years of wait!?!!!!! They are kidding, right?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
They better fix up and expand T3 lounge. It's an embarrassment to Delta! Absolutely the worst in the entire network of SC:
1) overcrowded with no place to sit or even stand
2) barely any decent food, no espresso machine, no open wine frig
3) no printer or scanner, and wifi is slowly and less reliable than China

They should have just combine that entire floor with Virgin Atlantic Club House, since DL own a big chunk of Virgin Atlantic.

5 years of wait!?!!!!! They are kidding, right?
The clubhouse is located in T2 so I’m not sure what they would combine the T3 SC with. As stated a few post above, DL supposedly is going to expand the T3 lounge into some of the office space upstairs and should be done by the end of the year. I would only go to the T3 SC for a quick drink before my flight and would avoid it if I have a long layover or just have a lot of time to spare and go to the T2 SC and just bus over to T3 for my flight.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...

The clubhouse is located in T2 so I’m not sure what they would combine the T3 SC with. As stated a few post above, DL supposedly is going to expand the T3 lounge into some of the office space upstairs and should be done by the end of the year. I would only go to the T3 SC for a quick drink before my flight and would avoid it if I have a long layover or just have a lot of time to spare and go to the T2 SC and just bus over to T3 for my flight.
T2 and T3 are too far part. Like most, I go to the one where I will depart from. The only time T3 worked out for me is a delayed incoming which cut short my connecting time. I ran in and grab some boxed stuff and left, so I didn't go hungry. Most lounges discourage people from take food out unless water or coffee, but T3 is happy to send you away with boxes of stuff. Unfortunately, those box stuff are not very good.

Last edited by wlau; Feb 12, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by wlau
T2 and T3 are too far part. Like most, I go to the one where I will depart from. The only time T3 worked out for me is a delayed incoming which cut short my connecting time. I ran in and grab some boxed stuff and left, so I didn't go hungry. Most lounges discourage people from take food out unless water or coffee, but T3 is happy to send you away with boxes of stuff. Unfortunately, those box stuff are not very good.
FYI: they have recently discontinued the boxed grab & go in T3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.