Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO

Apologies if this knowledge is already posted, but I did a search without success...

I have a ton of travel transiting LAX with some long layovers coming up in May, so I was thinking about buying a 30 day pass since the LAX Sky Club has a shower. I've never been inside a Delta/NWA club with a shower, so I'd like to know if the showers are included in the admission.

Also another question, I'm assuming the drinks are gratis at all the Sky Clubs? I've only been inside the DTW location where they were free.

Definitely a lounge-rookie here.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by vxmike
I'd like to know if the showers are included in the admission.

Also another question, I'm assuming the drinks are gratis at all the Sky Clubs?
1. Yes

2. Yes
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

One more question...

It appears the internet access at LAX is T-Mobile HotSpot. Does this mean there's no other internet access available unless one has a T-Mobile Hotspot account?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Apologies if this knowledge is already posted, but I did a search without success...

I have a ton of travel transiting LAX with some long layovers coming up in May, so I was thinking about buying a 30 day pass since the LAX Sky Club has a shower. I've never been inside a Delta/NWA club with a shower, so I'd like to know if the showers are included in the admission.

Also another question, I'm assuming the drinks are gratis at all the Sky Clubs? I've only been inside the DTW location where they were free.

Yes, totally free unless I am there, in which case there's a $20 charge. You can pay it to me directly, look for the bright yellow FlyerTalk luggage tag
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
One more question...

It appears the internet access at LAX is T-Mobile HotSpot. Does this mean there's no other internet access available unless one has a T-Mobile Hotspot account?

Thanks!
Very soon, the T-Mobile HotSpot service will be discontinued.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Very soon, the T-Mobile HotSpot service will be discontinued.
Any details on what the internet situation will be after this occurs?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Any details on what the internet situation will be after this occurs?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ff-4-17-a.html
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, if you were in the DTW main club, then you have already been in a club with a shower.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:27 pm

Sky Club access in LAX-ATL on Business Ticket

I'm flying LAX-ATL in July in Business class on the 777LR. Will this ticket allow me access to the Sky Club/CRC?
Old May 12, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Unfortunately, no. Only "Transcontinental First Class Passengers" receive complimentary access.

Transcontinental First Class Passenger: Same day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: JFK to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco.
(Emphasis added.)

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old May 12, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by arcticgrin
I'm flying LAX-ATL in July in Business class on the 777LR. Will this ticket allow me access to the Sky Club/CRC?
Just cause your on the LR and **happen** to be in actual business seats, means absolutely nothing. If you were on a 738 or 757 that day, nothing is different from DL's perspective. The service and everything besides the seat will be domestic first class services, as Business Elite only exists internationally. Enjoy your 3 1/2 hours of lie-flats, though.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I surely do with DL would recognize ATL-West Coast as premium transcon, but I'm sure they refuse due to the huge volume of pax who would receive lounge access with little or no added revenue.
Old May 12, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I surely do with DL would recognize ATL-West Coast as premium transcon, but I'm sure they refuse due to the huge volume of pax who would receive lounge access with little or no added revenue.
Also, in NYC, DL competes against AA, UA and CO for the lucrative premium transcontinental market (transcontinental defined the way DL does in post#2 above). B6 also presents significant competition. AS and US to a more limited extent but still there.

At ATL, the competition is... Airtran.
Old May 12, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL
To answer your question, no. Just because its a intercontinental aircraft with business seats doesn't mean you get lounge access. If you were on a flight from JFK (as mentioned above) or on a TATL/TPAC flight, you would get access.

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Also, in NYC, DL competes against AA, UA and CO for the lucrative premium transcontinental market (transcontinental defined the way DL does in post#2 above). B6 also presents significant competition. AS and US to a more limited extent but still there.

At ATL, the competition is... Airtran.
Major USA airlines with transcons from JFK, EWR, or LGA with 2 or more transcon destinations:
DL - SLC (JFK and EWR); LAX, SFO, SEA, SAN, LAS, PHX, PDX (rest from JFK)
UA - LAX, SFO (JFK and EWR); DEN (EWR and LGA only)
AA - LAX (JFK and EWR); LAS, SAN, SFO, SEA (rest from JFK)
CO - DEN, LAS, LAX, SNA, PHX, SAN, SFO, SEA (all from EWR)
B6 - BUR, DEN, LAX, LAS, LGB, OAK, PHX, PDX, SMF, SLC, SAN, SFO, SJC, SEA (all from JFK)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.