Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by timetosave
I completely agree with the OPs post. I was there a few days ago waiting for a flight to SYD and thought the exact same thing. In fact I almost posted to FT from the lounge. Staff was very friendly though.
Wow, I was seriously hoping that they would offer some sort of more substantial food offerings timed around the SYD departures/arrivals....
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
I have always found the agents at the LAX Sky Club to be unfriendly and unhelpful. And the contract people working at the bar are the most unpleasant people I have ever met in a CRC or Sky Club.
There is a skinny old lady in the LAX club who has an accent, who I thought was always helpful and nice.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
[The following is from a previous writer]I have always found the agents at the LAX Sky Club to be unfriendly and unhelpful. And the contract people working at the bar are the most unpleasant people I have ever met in a CRC or Sky Club.

For me, I have always found the agents at the LAX SC to be most friendly and helpful; they recognize regulars and inquire about their trip needs. My experience has been different--I love the LAX SC
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
For me, I have always found the agents at the LAX SC to be most friendly and helpful; they recognize regulars and inquire about their trip needs. My experience has been different--I love the LAX SC
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:09 pm

SYD-LAX arrivals - access to SkyClub

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I did run several searches.

My brother, who is not a frequent traveler, will be flying on DL from SYD-LAX, then has a layover of almost 4 1/2 hours before departing for SEA on AS. He should have time to spare on his connection since he'll have carry-ons only. I know he'd love to shower during the layover in LAX, so I was considering buying him a one-day pass for Sky Club. However, I don't know what the setup is in T5 for Immigration and Customs. Will he be dumped out past security and thus unable to get back to Sky Club?

I'd buy him a pass for the AS lounge but it doesn't have showers.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Having done this run a few times this year, you do exit downstairs by baggage claim and will have to re-enter security to get back to the SC.

zz
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:27 pm

Drat, I was afraid of that. Oh well. Thanks for the confirmation!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:21 pm

LAX SkyClub should be closed during remodeling

I am sure others will disagree but there are way to many people in it at times. I am surprised the fire marshall hasn't closed that place down. Way to many people in it at times to be healthy.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Well, I dunno about closing it completely, but it is awful crowded in there sometimes. As I have said in other posts, if I am at LAX anywhere after 8:00pm (where we not only have DL17, but allllll the red-eyes) I do not even bother anymore.

Last edited by DLATL777; Mar 26, 2010 at 5:03 pm
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:45 pm

I walked in and walked out thats how bad it was. It litterally sounded, and smelled like a high school lunch room.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM (via NWA)
It wasn't that bad today. I've been here for several hours.

ATL's were the worst (at least from my experience), and they weren't under renovation.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
How about they just put up a sign that says "This lounge is closed, unless you're not HWGeeks"

Then everyone wins!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by raehl311
How about they just put up a sign that says "This lounge is closed, unless you're not HWGeeks"
No joke - there are signs up that say

"It may be a MAZEnow,
But when it's done it will be AMAZING"

(or something similar)

It is rather sad now. I hope they have an aggressive and fast renovation plan, for everyone's benefit.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
I got there at 5:30a the other day and it was already packed.

In fairness, though, I always remember it being that way, even before the remodeling construction started. I guess that's why they're doing it!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by ibogost
I got there at 5:30a the other day and it was already packed.

In fairness, though, I always remember it being that way, even before the remodeling construction started. I guess that's why they're doing it!
How is it on Mondays between say 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM ?

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.