Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Great, another rant above how great the NW WCs were. The LAX WC was nothing to be proud of.

I've never seen only one person working. At the LAX SC, there has always been two people. One to tend bar and one person to clear plates and glasses.
sorry if the truth hurts Andy. Many people are commenting to the poor lady that she is doing double duty.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I suspect the new Sydney flight will add to the congestion here.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
It's a lousy SkyClub with surly staff, especially the contract employees working the bar. Not very pleasant overall.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LAX WC had a cappuccino/coffee machine. Did they move it to Skyclub?
LAX Skyclub has better alcohol than many other Skyclubs: Corona, etc.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jfinsocal
I suspect the new Sydney flight will add to the congestion here.
Yep, It will be very extremely busy tonight. You can walked at the gate areas. Where you can see the ceremony will be there during the time. You can take a photo opportunity at the waiting areas. Hope they will have a ribbon is cut.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Great, another rant above how great the NW WCs were. The LAX WC was nothing to be proud of.

I've never seen only one person working. At the LAX SC, there has always been two people. One to tend bar and one person to clear plates and glasses.
You don't need someone working when you can make your own drink!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
It's a lousy SkyClub with surly staff, especially the contract employees working the bar. Not very pleasant overall.
"Surly staff?" You have got to be kidding.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by SoCalLen
Has anyone been to the SkyClub in Terminal 5 yet today, especially now that the consolidated Delta/Northwest flights are operating out of the terminal? I've been in there when it was packed with people -- and that was before adding all these NWA flights to the mix... But it seems like DL hasn't even addressed the issue yet.

I'd be curious to know if it's a madhouse there with all the extra flights being packed into the terminal... If so, I can safely say that my SkyClub membership renewal notices are going straight into the shredder.
This was also a big issue when AF moved to T5. The Club became very crowded in late afternoon and early evening. Finding seating was difficult. It was a bit frustrating seeing the normally low-key Crown Room, become jammed with AF Biz Travelers. OTOH, I can say that when AF moved to T2 and shared with NW and KL that formerly, rather peaceful, oasis in T2 became incredibly crowded.
All things considered, even though these Skyclubs are more crowded, consider the option of hanging out in the terminal during a delayed flight?
I believe that AF and KL are still operating out of T2
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I've had a mix of good Crown Room agents at the LAX CRC, but I've also had some pretty poor ones - LAX does stand out as a station in my mind where the agents at the CRC did have some issues with surliness when I've dealt with them (same is true for the TA/GA staff - I've had some great GAs/TAs at LAX, but I've also had a good number that could use some retraining).
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
OK, so I'm sitting in the SC in T5 right now (awaiting flight to SYD!)... It's not really crowded at all, though there are a fair number of people here. I suspect it will get a lot more crowded when the 777 from ATL lands, though.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was also a big issue when AF moved to T5. The Club became very crowded in late afternoon and early evening. Finding seating was difficult. It was a bit frustrating seeing the normally low-key Crown Room, become jammed with AF Biz Travelers. OTOH, I can say that when AF moved to T2 and shared with NW and KL that formerly, rather peaceful, oasis in T2 became incredibly crowded.
All things considered, even though these Skyclubs are more crowded, consider the option of hanging out in the terminal during a delayed flight?
I believe that AF and KL are still operating out of T2
Where did you hear AF has been moved to T5 in LAX?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. You don't believe this. Are you too jealous where you will wishes flying for LAX-SYD.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:12 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I was told by one of the WC agents about a month ago, that they were going to get rid of the rotunda area, enclose it and make that usable space. When they are doing that is beyond me....

But that club is too small and needs some more space. T6 needs a lounge as well. You can't have a great Biz product without a decent lounge, with NRT, Sao Paolo, SYD, and the Mexican flights....especially when the competition has such better amenities
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I was told by one of the WC agents about a month ago, that they were going to get rid of the rotunda area, enclose it and make that usable space. When they are doing that is beyond me....

But that club is too small and needs some more space. T6 needs a lounge as well. You can't have a great Biz product without a decent lounge, with NRT, Sao Paolo, SYD, and the Mexican flights....especially when the competition has such better amenities
Yes, I agree with you. I think the club need to begin the renovations to get bigger space and need to get more convenient space. I knew it but, it was very small club. NW/DL does not have enough the space. I think DL/NW should have to be demolished the club.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, I agree with you. I think the club need to begin the renovations to get bigger space and need to get more convenient space. I knew it but, it was very small club. NW/DL does not have enough the space. I think DL/NW should have to be demolished the club.
I think demolishing the club is a bit of an overstatement. Sure some renovations are needed, and as pointed out below, covering the rotunda to create more floorspace is a great idea. There is also a LOT of room behind the desk that sits unused because it's so far from the bar. If they adopt the WC style of self-serve they can maybe have a few drink stations around the club to ease crowding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.