Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by donzaur
This is for a flight nearly two months away, but it is for a football weekend. Cash fares are at Q and L fare buckets. It's not about the price though, its that three distinctly different prices get tagged as the same 'lowest price'.
All cost $11.20. I'm guessing lowest price is set to look at $ amount.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
All cost $11.20. I'm guessing lowest price is set to look at $ amount.
See post #2355 -- other options that day also cost $11.20 and don't have the lowest price tag
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by donzaur
See post #2355 -- other options that day also cost $11.20 and don't have the lowest price tag
Didn't notice that. Strange.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:45 am

Fare available, Seats available, Seats not showing

So I had a fun, frustrating night trying to book a multi-leg for tomorrow. Wanted F, but most of the routings were sold out or ridiculous for cost, was willing to settle on C+ if I had to. Found a couple which were priced right. I'd click on the fare, go through the process, then when I'd go to pick seats it'd show all of them as occupied and tell me to change my fare class. I tried multiple times, same result.

Called Delta...where 10-16 minutes estimated hold time was 50+ minutes. The agent didn't have any trouble booking these. I've tried going back in afterwards to see/change the seats. Website shows all of F/C+ booked, phone app shows the correct seat maps.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or purposeful on the part of Delta.
RIghtly or wrongly, I've done virtually all of my booking at Delta.com for 20+ years.
My flying has not changed that much, though in the last year, I am now doing trans-Pac, whereas before it was mostly trans-Atl

My issue.
Last fall, I could not book SGN-VCE, though called Delta and they booked it for me as AF marketed flights. OK fine
This year, no joy, as if I call, they see whatever I myself can see.

I wrote Delta and the response was to book directly on the ST partner.

Yes, I can do that, but I was just wondering what is the upside for DL to direct me to book directly or use something other than Delta.com?
The downside, which I already see for them at least, is that by using google flights, I see non-ST options at cost 20% less and really makes me evaulate my commitment to DL.

Thoughts??
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

DL should sell any AF/KL fare. Any other partner, they usually direct you to book directly. AF/KL aren't an issue since DL handles everything for them within US.

Main reason in general that DL doesn't book OAL is cost. They're responsible for all handling all changes. When they book OAL, they are acting as travel agent. Difference is the regular TA gets paid something to cover costs for handling a ticket, either from passenger or the booked airline.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by wxman22
I'm not sure if this is a bug or purposeful on the part of Delta.
RIghtly or wrongly, I've done virtually all of my booking at Delta.com for 20+ years.
My flying has not changed that much, though in the last year, I am now doing trans-Pac, whereas before it was mostly trans-Atl

My issue.
Last fall, I could not book SGN-VCE, though called Delta and they booked it for me as AF marketed flights. OK fine
This year, no joy, as if I call, they see whatever I myself can see.

I wrote Delta and the response was to book directly on the ST partner.

Yes, I can do that, but I was just wondering what is the upside for DL to direct me to book directly or use something other than Delta.com?
The downside, which I already see for them at least, is that by using google flights, I see non-ST options at cost 20% less and really makes me evaulate my commitment to DL.

Thoughts??
a couple of days ago i was trying to book a del-lhr-del flight on delta.com....all flights were either on klm or af....in the past i've never had a problem booking this on delta.com....initially it showed 5 seats available in z & j class for $1,601 & took me all the way to the payment page....then for some reason the booking didn't go through....

when i went back to the search page i could no longer see the same flights or the lower price i was trying to book....i refreshed a bunch of times, tried another browser & even checked the price on my app but that itinerary was no longer available....

i then checked the same flights on klm.com & found the same itinerary at an even lower price of $1,555....it even showed 5 seats available just like it did on delta.com earlier....since i've always booked directly with delta, i decided to wait till the end of the day to check again if the fare would come back on delta.com....when it did not, i called the diamond desk to see if the fare would be available over the phone....the agent could neither see the itinerary i was looking to book nor could she price it out when i gave her the flight numbers....

since i didn't want to lose out on the lower fare i eventually went ahead & booked directly with klm....this is the first time i have experienced something like this but in the future i am tempted to check prices with klm & af before making a booking directly with delta....
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Keyser
a couple of days ago i was trying to book a del-lhr-del flight on delta.com....all flights were either on klm or af....in the past i've never had a problem booking this on delta.com....initially it showed 5 seats available in z & j class for $1,601 & took me all the way to the payment page....then for some reason the booking didn't go through....

when i went back to the search page i could no longer see the same flights or the lower price i was trying to book....i refreshed a bunch of times, tried another browser & even checked the price on my app but that itinerary was no longer available....

i then checked the same flights on klm.com & found the same itinerary at an even lower price of $1,555....it even showed 5 seats available just like it did on delta.com earlier....since i've always booked directly with delta, i decided to wait till the end of the day to check again if the fare would come back on delta.com....when it did not, i called the diamond desk to see if the fare would be available over the phone....the agent could neither see the itinerary i was looking to book nor could she price it out when i gave her the flight numbers....

since i didn't want to lose out on the lower fare i eventually went ahead & booked directly with klm....this is the first time i have experienced something like this but in the future i am tempted to check prices with klm & af before making a booking directly with delta....
Welcome to my world.
Also, thank you FlyerCOfor your explanation. At least that makes some sense with the bean counters totally running Delta. But from a marketing perspective, the pennies you save, put at risk the dollars you earn from people like me and Keyser who don't shop around.
Tripping over dollars to pick up nickels, that's the Delta we know and love!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:38 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I have a flight tomorrow with a companion on the same PNR. I checked in, we weren't showing on the upgrade list. I tweeted, an agent said that I had been added to the list, but when I checked, I still didn't see it (app or website).

I called in, the agent couldn't add me, had to talk to a supervisor. Now in the app, on the "today" view everything looks the way it should, but in the my trips view my itinerary shows as a multi-city trip, with these segments:

MEM-ATL
check-in unavailable

MEM-SFO
you are now checked in
view boarding pass

ATL-SFO
check-in unavailable

in the website, I see two MEM-ATL segments and two ATL-SFO segments. One of each segment has my seat "real" C+ assignment, the other has "SELECT SEAT" and is showing First Class (RU).

Also, the website shows the "CHECK IN" red button rather than the green "CHECKED IN" button, even if I check in again and get my boarding pass.

Twitter agent confirms I'm checked in properly.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:46 pm

In the new (crappy) web interface - if you select multi-city, and enter a city in the "Airport Connection (Optional)" field - you can't then change your mind and have no specified connecting city. It is impossible to erase the connecting city and leave the field blank.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
In the new (crappy) web interface - if you select multi-city, and enter a city in the "Airport Connection (Optional)" field - you can't then change your mind and have no specified connecting city. It is impossible to erase the connecting city and leave the field blank.
worse, multi-city requires a second leg AFTER specifying a connecting city (so you can't use it to construct a one-way via an oddball -- non-hub -- point)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
iOS app, looking at WAS-->SEA flights in F (mid Feb) ... F and C+ seat maps on all the regional jet connecting segments (DCA-JFK, IAD-JFK/DTW/MSP) are completely greyed out (as is the entire seat map for the CR2 on BWI-JFK)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm having trouble booking 3 tickets. Trying to book DL2531 in Delta One, and I keep getting a credit card billing address error. I've checked and rechecked the address, even pulling up the CC statement, and typed it exactly as it appeared on the statement. But after 4 tries I keep getting an error that the billing address I'm inputting does not match the billing address of the CC. I've never had a problem like this with any other airline before. Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

viewing full site on iPhone (iOS 11.4.1) ... advanced search, search for FC ... search returns the standard display of main cabin options with tabs to select C+ and F
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Looks like the site is down....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.