Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL GM
ExpertFlyer Not Showing DL141 JFK-SLC

Anyone know why ExpertFlyer is not showing Award & Upgrade Availability for DL141 (JFK-SLC) for August 30? Yet, if you run the same on Flight Availability, it does show DL141.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
The flight is billed as "business" up front, which requires the booking code X for upgraded business. It's on EF, and is currently X6.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: DL GM
Thanks!

Last edited by GivenRandy; Aug 24, 2008 at 7:36 am Reason: Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
A way around paying for Expert Flyer?

So, I think I figured out a way to find out about upgrade available seats without using expert flyer.

I am FO, but my father is PM. Once a flight is inside his window, but not to mine yet, if I log in as him, search for the flights I am waiting for it says that the upgrades are "available", that means that there is at least 1 seat open in the upgrade bucket, right?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
So, I think I figured out a way to find out about upgrade available seats without using expert flyer.

I am FO, but my father is PM. Once a flight is inside his window, but not to mine yet, if I log in as him, search for the flights I am waiting for it says that the upgrades are "available", that means that there is at least 1 seat open in the upgrade bucket, right?
yes. If this very limited amount of info is all you need then it should work for you. EF has the ability to provide a lot more service and options.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Maybe you should buy a subscription to EF to test your theory?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...

Well you are right it would mean at a minimum one open seat - but nothing to say that another PM isn't booking it a minute before you book yours. But I guess the same could be said about expert flyer.

Com' on its only $4.95 a month and it gives you a ton of info.... seriously I've found it invaluable in the past year AND they improve the fuctionality all the time - in fact Delta should hire some of their web developers (DeltaWebGuy not withstanding!)
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
Well you are right it would mean at a minimum one open seat - but nothing to say that another PM isn't booking it a minute before you book yours. But I guess the same could be said about expert flyer.

Com' on its only $4.95 a month and it gives you a ton of info.... seriously I've found it invaluable in the past year AND they improve the fuctionality all the time - in fact Delta should hire some of their web developers (DeltaWebGuy not withstanding!)
Yeah, probably will get the subscription, but I wanted to just toss the idea out.

Frankly, the only thing I would use it for, though, would be to see about advance upgrade bucket availability. Now that I found this work around with my father's PM account, is there really anything else I would need from EF?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Frankly, the only thing I would use it for, though, would be to see about advance upgrade bucket availability. Now that I found this work around with my father's PM account, is there really anything else I would need from EF?
I think it is extremely useful, and I don't see that much value in getting an extra couple of day visibility into the likelihood of a Medallion upgrade, which is all your method gives you. There is a lot of info on EF, and I think it is well worth the monthly fee.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:39 pm

Expert-Flyer pays for itself when you are looking to see if there is Z inventory before ponying up for an M fare ;-)
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by akhullar
Expert-Flyer pays for itself when you are looking to see if there is Z inventory before ponying up for an M fare ;-)
As an FO, that doesn't apply. I don't have PMU's. Honestly, the only thing myself as an FO cares about are upgrades in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
As an FO, that doesn't apply. I don't have PMU's. Honestly, the only thing myself as an FO cares about are upgrades in advance.
But FOs and GMs can use miles to upgrade international/transoceanic, in which case the "Z" inventory availability does matter...
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
ooohhh.. burned.. lol
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:27 pm

You can always check advanced V inventory by trying to buy a Y fare on a flight and seeing if the upgrade is available
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
But FOs and GMs can use miles to upgrade international/transoceanic, in which case the "Z" inventory availability does matter...
Yeah, but if you are paying that much for a transoceanic flight, why use miles (and not earn any)?? No thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.