Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
There appears to be an issue with EF. I was getting the same message for classes Y, B, C and Z on an outbound, and classes C and B for a return.

A second try (ATL-LON) revealed that all requested classes were a problem.

But if you don't specify a class, there is plenty of availablity in all classes (but, of course, you don't get Z).
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:22 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Whatever the problem was it appears to be gone now.
Code:
1 Connections

DL 28

ATL
04/01/08 3:35 PM 	CDG
04/02/08 6:20 AM 	764
	Unavailable
75% / 27m 	Z0
	 DL 8332

CDG
04/02/08 7:15 AM 	VIE
04/02/08 9:15 AM 	319
	Unavailable
39% / 23m 	
 1 Connections

DL 22

ATL
04/01/08 5:30 PM 	CDG
04/02/08 8:15 AM 	767
	Unavailable
56% / 40m 	Z0
	 DL 8336

CDG
04/02/08 9:40 AM 	VIE
04/02/08 11:40 AM 	320
	Unavailable
58% / 25m 	
 1 Connections

DL 74

ATL
04/01/08 5:35 PM 	MXP
04/02/08 9:00 AM 	764
	Unavailable
60% / 21m 	Z7
	 DL 8249

MXP
04/02/08 10:25 AM 	VIE
04/02/08 11:55 AM 	ER4
	Unavailable
73% / 12m 	
 1 Connections

DL 38

ATL
04/01/08 5:15 PM 	AMS
04/02/08 8:10 AM 	764
	Unavailable
69% / 21m 	Z7
	 DL 8777

AMS
04/02/08 12:30 PM 	VIE
04/02/08 2:20 PM 	F70
	Unavailable
85% / 26m 	
 1 Connections

DL 28

ATL
04/01/08 3:35 PM 	CDG
04/02/08 6:20 AM 	764
	Unavailable
75% / 27m 	Z0
	 DL 8336

CDG
04/02/08 9:40 AM 	VIE
04/02/08 11:40 AM 	320
	Unavailable
58% / 25m
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Yep. It was gone by about 4 PM EST yesterday, as I was able to book & upgrade a TATL flight for next week using the data from EF. It's really nice to be able to call SMS and ask 'em to book a Z upgrade and not be told "no". As for taking a B fare, I needed fully changeable/refundable due to the nature of the trip. B was only $200 more than the cost of M, and M was not refundable.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:04 am

Programs: Centurion AMEX, Citi Chairman
Expertflyer Premium and Delta

I just signed up for the 5 day trial of Expert Flyer premium and am trying to figure out how to do a milage run via this service on DL. I'd like to maximize the number of MQM en route to BDL, HPN and/or LGA. I'm entirely clueless as to how to do this... but any and all help would be appreciated. I fly the ATL-BDL/HPN/LGA at least 2X monthly and would like to get more than the 1522MQM if at all possible. Any help appreciated.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
Expertflyer premium is not going to help you with that. The main benefit of Expertflyer premium is to see fare bucket availability.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Actually, EF can help because it provides all the permissible routings for a particular fare.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
Actually, EF can help because it provides all the permissible routings for a particular fare.
How though? I don't understand how to make sense of it and/or how to use it.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:20 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrDave2006
How though? I don't understand how to make sense of it and/or how to use it.
Let me suggest you download our User Guide to start, if you have not already done so. I think it will answer most of your questions:

http://www.expertflyer.com/user-guide.pdf

and our eduGuide:

http://www.expertflyer.com/edu-guide.pdf

Next, you may want to visit our FAQ section:

http://www.expertflyer.com/page.jsp?page=faq.html

And finally, for DL upgrades, you must enter the spefic Class code for the upgrade you are interested in when enter the info in the Flight Availability query screen. The following list shows all upgrade and award inventory presently viewable on ExpertFlyer:

http://www.expertflyer.com/popup/classes.jsp

Hope this helps. Thanks for your support.

EFV
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I just joined your site. I read the links you posted, but, I cannot see how to check a multiple city itinerary. Can you provide a link to the "how to"? Thank you.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Let me suggest you download our User Guide to start, if you have not already done so. I think it will answer most of your questions:

http://www.expertflyer.com/user-guide.pdf

and our eduGuide:

http://www.expertflyer.com/edu-guide.pdf

Next, you may want to visit our FAQ section:

http://www.expertflyer.com/page.jsp?page=faq.html

And finally, for DL upgrades, you must enter the spefic Class code for the upgrade you are interested in when enter the info in the Flight Availability query screen. The following list shows all upgrade and award inventory presently viewable on ExpertFlyer:

http://www.expertflyer.com/popup/classes.jsp

Hope this helps. Thanks for your support.

EFV
EFV - I didn't know you existed although I do see you have some 300 posts. Subscribed several years ago and use it specifically for hidden inventory. Also use it to determine load factors --- very helpful.

The only things I would change would be automatically showing the hidden fare buckets vs. having to beg for them. This would save a step and also clearly show what upgrade inventories are loaded. I notice also that the departure time you enter when searching for specific hidden inventory has a great deal to do with getting an accurate response. Simply listing hidden inventory from the get go would also solve this one. Finally, I would love to enter the date in simple six digits with or without / as well as tab over to hours and do a progressive entry.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ExpertFlyer Voice, awesome to have you here ^

have those links been put in a sticky somewhere yet?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:40 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

OK, let's see if I can take this one at a time.

BamaGirl, Normally when you do a Flight Availability search the GDS's will try to route you in the shortest possible route. However, if you want to force a route through one or two connecting cities, then put an airport code in the Flight Availability query screen box called Connecting Airport(s). As an example, if you wanted to route LGA-ATL-LAX, you would put LGA in the Departing Airport, LAX in the Arriving Airport and ATL in the Connecting Airport(s) and DL in Airline(s). This will force a return of itineraries that route LGA-ATL-LAX. You can add two connecting airports if you want. More complex routings have to be done with multiple queries as the GDS's limit the search to just two connecting airports.

avflyer, The term "hidden" means that the airline has chosen not to make it visible for simple accesses usually because the fare bucket is not a revenue bucket, such as the ones for DL upgrades. So, we have to specifically request them of the GDS in a different way then normal inventory look-up. If we always asked for the hidden inventory then we don't get the revenue buckets returned to us and vice versa. This is why hidden buckets must be requested explicitly. However, you can request up to 5 buckets, hidden or normally visible, by entering them in the Class Code(s) box along with the airline code - DL. We are always making improvements to the service and hope to streamline the access to award and upgrade inventory, hidden or not.

Kagehitokiri, I'm not aware if the links are put in a sticky anywhere but they are accessible from our home page, logged in or not, under the FAQ/HELP link at the top of the page.

Finally, if at any time you have any questions, suggestions or comments you can reach our support folks at: [email protected].

Thanks for your support,
EFV
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
OK, let's see if I can take this one at a time.

BamaGirl, Normally when you do a Flight Availability search the GDS's will try to route you in the shortest possible route. However, if you want to force a route through one or two connecting cities, then put an airport code in the Flight Availability query screen box called Connecting Airport(s). As an example, if you wanted to route LGA-ATL-LAX, you would put LGA in the Departing Airport, LAX in the Arriving Airport and ATL in the Connecting Airport(s) and DL in Airline(s). This will force a return of itineraries that route LGA-ATL-LAX. You can add two connecting airports if you want. More complex routings have to be done with multiple queries as the GDS's limit the search to just two connecting airports.

avflyer, The term "hidden" means that the airline has chosen not to make it visible for simple accesses usually because the fare bucket is not a revenue bucket, such as the ones for DL upgrades. So, we have to specifically request them of the GDS in a different way then normal inventory look-up. If we always asked for the hidden inventory then we don't get the revenue buckets returned to us and vice versa. This is why hidden buckets must be requested explicitly. However, you can request up to 5 buckets, hidden or normally visible, by entering them in the Class Code(s) box along with the airline code - DL. We are always making improvements to the service and hope to streamline the access to award and upgrade inventory, hidden or not.

Kagehitokiri, I'm not aware if the links are put in a sticky anywhere but they are accessible from our home page, logged in or not, under the FAQ/HELP link at the top of the page.

Finally, if at any time you have any questions, suggestions or comments you can reach our support folks at: [email protected].

Thanks for your support,
EFV
Yes, but say you have constructed a mileage run via the LGA-ATL-LAX routing, how would you actually go about getting the itinerary booked??
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrDave2006
Yes, but say you have constructed a mileage run via the LGA-ATL-LAX routing, how would you actually go about getting the itinerary booked??
ExpertFlyer is not a booking service. You would have to book through normal channels.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avflyer
EFV - I didn't know you existed although I do see you have some 300 posts.
AA pax seem to use EF much more than DL pax, at least the FTers among them. I do believe that EFVoice posts most often in the AA forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.