Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
OP is correct - DL was an option in the award and upgrade section as recently as 2 weeks ago. "Z" was searchable and there is some anecdotal evidence that "Z" availability matched RUC space but that has not (as far as I know) ever been confirmed by DL.

Edit - seems i was wrong - EF still shows "Z" as part of a regular fare search. Just not part of any award search.

Last edited by seattleBH; Aug 19, 2022 at 9:06 am Reason: I was wrong
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:11 am

So there is no way to set an alert on EF for "O" space to then book with Virgin correct? Or is this the wrong fare code anyway? Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What is 'O' on Virgin? Not sure what you're trying to do.
If you want to use a global upgrade cert, these are the requirements: Delta-marketed, Virgin Atlantic-operated flights for use globally on published fares booked in W, S, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X or V class to Virgin Atlantic’s P class (Premium Economy), or from fares booked in P, A, G class to Virgin Atlantic’s G class (Upper Class)."
Upgrading on Virgin-marketed (VS flight number) flights using GUCs is not possible.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:41 am

I’m trying to find delta saver so I can book with virgin. May not be possible
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nope - availability is not accessible for DL awards or upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.