Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flyly
Gary03,
Thans so much. I wish Expertflyer would add the info that you so helpfully added.
Mahalo, Flyly
You're welcome, but.... uh, that's where I got it from .... click the link I provided (if it doesn't work, log into ExpertFlyer, select Flight Availability, enter DL for the airline and then click on the link that says "click here" under class codes.

Just tried the link, and it requires a login....

Last edited by GaryO3; Jul 7, 2007 at 3:11 pm Reason: Update info
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, CRC, Wyndham, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, LeMeridien, HH, Wood
Thanks Again Gary03,
I had found the information you are referring to, except the part you added were the words (AWARD CLASS) next to the codes. Prior to that I was looking at the list (and other references) and could not figure out that "o= Business and R=First class" were actually the codes for award travel as there were other codes that said Business and First Class next to them.
Since I'm a newbie to the Expertflyer and don't have all the codes memorized from reading different individual posts on Flyertalk, I couldn't really know for sure which were the award seats. I am getting lots of planning done already with Expertflyer and don't know why I waited so long.
Thanks Again, Flyly
Old Jul 7, 2007, 6:04 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

then read KVS instructions

which codes are the buckets for Delta Award travel in first and Economy including the difference between Skysaver and Skychoice. (I, of course am inputing specific Delta flights and times and getting the Delta codes). Also, If someone knows for Continental and Northwest that would be helpful when I start searching there too.
You must have missed the [Classes Displayed By Airline] section of the KVS Tool FAQ . You will find links to specific class info for most SkyTeam airlines there, including DL: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...74#post2804874
Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:11 pm

Thanks Again Gary03,
I had found the information you are referring to, except the part you added were the words (AWARD CLASS) next to the codes. Prior to that I was looking at the list (and other references) and could not figure out that "o= Business and R=First class" were actually the codes for award travel as there were other codes that said Business and First Class next to them.
Since I'm a newbie to the Expertflyer and don't have all the codes memorized from reading different individual posts on Flyertalk, I couldn't really know for sure which were the award seats. I am getting lots of planning done already with Expertflyer and don't know why I waited so long.
Thanks Again, Flyly

No worries mate Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
You must have missed the [Classes Displayed By Airline] section of the KVS Tool FAQ . You will find links to specific class info for most SkyTeam airlines there, including DL: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...74#post2804874
Thank You KVS,
I had seen that and saved it but had a hard time interpreting (maybe since I am new and somewhat dense). I saw the r/o=CS and N=YS, and I was cross referencing that with a legend I saved that said YS is Standard award and YA is addtional award for coach / CS is standard award and CA is for addtional award for first, And trying to relate it to Expert flyer without an Interpreter with me. But with your posts and Gary03's help in these few posts you all let me know I was on the right track.

One More Question....
It may be wishful thinking, or you may easily clear it up, but when I do the seat search on Expertflyer for Delta seats, I see the R and N availability but it does not distiguish between Skysaver and Skychoice seats. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle? I'm trying. Am I dreaming big or what?
Thanks for all your help and hangin' in there, Flyly
Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank You KVS,
I had seen that and saved it but had a hard time interpreting (maybe since I am new and somewhat dense). I saw the r/o=CS and N=YS, and I was cross referencing that with a legend I saved that said YS is Standard award and YA is addtional award for coach / CS is standard award and CA is for addtional award for first, And trying to relate it to Expert flyer without an Interpreter with me. But with your posts and Gary03's help in these few posts you all let me know I was on the right track.

One More Question....
It may be wishful thinking, or you may easily clear it up, but when I do the seat search on Expertflyer for Delta seats, I see the R and N availability but it does not distiguish between Skysaver and Skychoice seats. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle? I'm trying. Am I dreaming big or what?
Thanks for all your help and hangin' in there, Flyly
You were definitely on the right track:
N = YS = Standard (SkySaver) Economy Awards
R = CS = Standard (SkySaver) First Awards
O = CS = Standard (SkySaver) Intl Business Awards
In the KVS Tool, SkyTeam award availability is shown using common codes (YS, CS, etc.) for all member carriers, so you don't have to remember which one is which.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
KVS,
With the help through reading the thread about KVS I decided to download the newest KVS version. I am now trying that out and learning. Thanks so much for talking bout KVS and having the thread (wow it's long) there when I was doing the search for information earlier.
Between the thread and the site, lots of helpful info is there.
Thanks, Flyly
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:23 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

And to view upgrades for DL on ExpertFlyer you must put into the Class code box the specific class(es) you are looking for:

Code:
        E  	Coach - Promotional Award  	Yes
  	G 	First - Domestic PMU upgrade 	Yes
  	V 	First - Domestic segment upgrade 	Yes
  	X 	Business - Domestic segment upgrade 	Yes
  	Z 	Business Elite - Upgrade with PMU or points 	Yes
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
ExpertFlyer is a great tool for finding Z class flights, but I don't think it shows O (Award BE international) availability.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by GMill
ExpertFlyer is a great tool for finding Z class flights, but I don't think it shows O (Award BE international) availability.
Best I can tell, that's correct.... also can't find R (Domestic First award) availability even though they are in the list of classes.... oh well.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Expert Flyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Expertflyer is showing

DL 31 - SVO-JFK 10/13/07 - J2 D0 I0 Y1 B0 M0 H0 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 FWIW: Z=0

I currently have an early am flight from SVO-LHR on Aeroflot booked in Y. I then drive to LGW for DL's LGW-JFK. Booked M with confirmed Z upgrade. I would be happy to switch to the direct flight (SVO-JFK) but only if I can score a BE seat.

Any thoughts from the experts?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta PM
I speak only from my own experience on these SVO routes, (DL 30/31 and 46/47, incl my own BE OpUp on DL30 last month), but if your primary concern is being in BE TATL, just stick with the upgrade you've already got confirmed.

Whether or not you're the BE OpUp winner is just a matter of luck (though being a GM can't hurt - I think my lingering FO status is the only thing that got my lowly U ticket bumped up. )
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:32 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Checking for V Availability without ExpertFlyer

Is there any way to do this? The only reason I would even bother is that I am a new GM traveling this Friday. The initial GM upgrade window has passed without an upgrade clearing. The trip was booked before I became GM. I want to be sure that my upgrade request is being processed as GM rather than FO.

If I try to book the same flights online in Y, it shows upgrades available for both flights, but I don't think that necessarily equates to V availability, does it? I know DL holds back more often these days on making V available--often saving it for the gate lottery, so there may not be a problem. I would normally just wait it out, but if there is some administrative action that needs to be taken regarding my status, then I would like to know about it.

If someone with ExpertFlyer membership would be kind enough to check for me, I'd appreciate it.

My flights are for Dec 14
DL 1696 VPS-ATL
DL 469 ATL-MCI
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by DLFan2
If I try to book the same flights online in Y, it shows upgrades available for both flights, but I don't think that necessarily equates to V availability, does it?
In my experience, that's a good indicator of V availability. Of course, buying an EF membership is an even better indicator.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:15 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by mtparadis
In my experience, that's a good indicator of V availability. Of course, buying an EF membership is an even better indicator.
You are so right, and that is just what I did. And I found V availability on my flights. So I called SMS and told the rep that I was at the upgrade window and had not been upgraded, despite V availability. She immediately upgraded me.

But more troublesome was why I had not been upgraded already. She said that I had indicated that I did not want an upgrade (totally untrue). My online itinerary showed the upgrade status as requested. She also said my trip was showing the proper status (GM).

This trip has undergone numerous schedule changes over the past few months. I think that the schedule change process must have dumped my upgrade request out of the system while still allowing me to see upgrade status as "requested".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.