Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Thanks (plus this last message posted while I was typing), but how do I get SMS to find this fare?
Give them the fare code.... But when you dial in, hit 9 5 (SM #) instead of the normal 9 4.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Well, SMS could not find the "web fare" M7AP2 but quoted me a price going through AMS with a MAB2 fare of $3,593.12 Too much for what I am getting.

Then the reissue agent talked to someone in international fares and didn't call it anything other than an M fare telling me that for $2,745.90 they could take me to CVG then CDG and on to NCL. The return route would be NCL-CDG-ATL-OKC.

I had EF set up to alert me to Z buckets on the ATL-AMS outbound so I could miss CDG so this last itinerary is not good for me. It starts with 3 hours on a RJ100 to CVG then takes me through CDG with 50 min to connect to Brit Air bound for NCL while I was hoping for AMS both ways. Also wanted KLM in and out of NCL rather than Brit Air that AF/DL uses from CDG.

Edited to say the driving force behind what may seem as a minor adjustment relates ultimately to various health issues.

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 17, 2008 at 10:08 am
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
What about an I fare?

I can't find the I fare on the DL web or EF for OKC-ATL-AMS-NCL (1/9,16).

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but where do I locate the I fare(s) for a multicity itinerary that involves a DL partner (KLM) to a small airport? I can see OKC-AMS coming in around $3,800 but don't know how to incorporate NCL into the schedule.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
I can't find the I fare on the DL web or EF for OKC-ATL-AMS-NCL (1/9,16).

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but where do I locate the I fare(s) for a multicity itinerary that involves a DL partner (KLM) to a small airport? I can see OKC-AMS coming in around $3,800 but don't know how to incorporate NCL into the schedule.
Don't see an I fare published in the market.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum, Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond
Expert Flyer keeps sending me amails telling me upgrade inventory is available.

But when I log on it still shows zeros. This is within seconds of me recieving the emails. I then check Delta.com and it shows request only and the same amount of available seats as before.

This happened three times today.Does the email notification on Expertflyer not work?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: DL DM
The notification for hidden classes (upgrade classes) is quirky. That being said, it is possible as soon as the inventory opens that it is sucked up for automatic upgrades if this is a domestic flight.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
A few weeks back I was monitoring a series of flights, some of which had Z inventory except for the desired date of travel. On Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, I noticed that one Z was available on the date I wanted. On Sunday I finally got an email notification.

Lesson learned, don't rely on EF for an email alert if you are waiting for that one seat to load.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
Delta seatmap issue FIXED!

Originally Posted by najay
I have seen this issue with both the M88 and 763. I reported it a couple of months ago, and was told a problem report had been filed. Other than that annoyance, EF seems to work ok.
I am not sure when it happened, but I can bring up M88 and 763 (as well as 73w) seat maps now.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
...from time-to-time do link from it in order to buy a ticket.
This is a good reminder. It doesn't cost us a thing and Ben has been kind enough to keep his site up and running and updated when DL changes its website. I'll start doing this.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by monitor
This is an easy one. Just open another window and run (courtesy of our friend Ben Edelman) the following:

http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/

You'll never again need to worry about finding DL seatmaps.
This is just DL.com seat maps.... completely worthless
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GaryO3
This is just DL.com seat maps.... completely worthless
And the DL.com seat maps are....completely worthless why?? What is it that you need to find??
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Accuracy of "V/X" inventory on Expert Flyer

Hi all - I just joined Expert Flyer and ran searches on a couple of my upcoming reservations (flying in a couple of weeks if that matters). Despite nearly empty F cabins on the delta.com seatmaps, both of my flights showed 0 seats avail in for upgrade. Is this accurate? Does it need to be closer to the date of travel for this to be accurate? Are there some flights where delta does not make V fare availability known?

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by tracyutah
Hi all - I just joined Expert Flyer and ran searches on a couple of my upcoming reservations (flying in a couple of weeks if that matters). Despite nearly empty F cabins on the delta.com seatmaps, both of my flights showed 0 seats avail in for upgrade. Is this accurate? Does it need to be closer to the date of travel for this to be accurate? Are there some flights where delta does not make V fare availability known?

Thanks!
Basically, yes to all of your questions.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tracyutah
Are there some flights where delta does not make V fare availability known?
If your question is about flights having V availability, but it doesn't show up on EF, then I have never seen that. There are many flights on which DL does not offer V availability, but that's different from V availability that is hidden. The upgrades would never be claimed if the inventory was unknown.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I am confused why Delta would not offer V availability if F has 18 open seats. Could V open up if it gets closer to travel date and those seats remain unsold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.