Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by gilpin
I can't claim to know much about the details of this kind of bankrputcy process, but it's hard to imagine that DL could actually sue US/HP in this situation. Wouldn't they have to get permission from the court to do so?
The quote is in reference to one of my post that was not worded clearly.

Legal action from the unsecured creditors not on the committee is a possibility if the US is not allowed to look at the books. This legal action would be directed at the committee members if they other creditors felt the committee did not exercised "due diligence" by not allowing US’s review DL's financials. Of course if the US does get to see the books, they would have a wealth of information that they could use against DL if they were to emerge as a stand alone company.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the clarification, piedmont. That makes much more sense than DL suing US, as the other poster interpreted your post to mean.

Still, I'm wondering what "wealth of information" US might gain access to, and exactly how valuable that might be. It seems to me that an airline has very few real secrets compared to most other businesses.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gilpin
Thanks for the clarification, piedmont. That makes much more sense than DL suing US, as the other poster interpreted your post to mean.

Still, I'm wondering what "wealth of information" US might gain access to, and exactly how valuable that might be. It seems to me that an airline has very few real secrets compared to most other businesses.
If you were referring to me, I didn't interpret Piedmont's post to mean DL should sue US. I expect US might sue DL if DL management tells Parker to pound sand when he demands access to the books.

However, I did suggest that DL take punitive operational measures against US should Parker want to take the issue to court. A fare war hurts DL as much as US - but sending a bunch of slow aircraft to do some runs in and out of CLT and PHL right at peak time should hurt US sufficiently so they know this isn't a game and won't be easy.

An airline probably has more secrets than most businesses - marketing plans, customer profiles, route plans, fare analysis, loyalty program details, vendor relationships, fleet plans, competitive analysis - all kinds of nitty gritty stuff whose details do not make it into public documents.

Finding out how DL views and analyzes US as a competitor, and what countermeasures are in place or planned, is probably worth the hassle of this entire exercise Parker is going through. Almost like knowing what move your chess opponent is going to make so you can make a better move first.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I asked for and got a button when I checked in on Sunday, Nov 26 in CAE. I'm on a MR tonight between CLT and PHX, and I have it proudly pinned on my carryon. (And can you think of a better pair of cities in which to display it? ) I overheard a FA tonight say that 50,000 buttons were made and more are on the way due to demand. (I don't know if that is rumor or fact.)

I've photographed my button and posted it to the FlyerTalk Photo Gallery. Lehava or whomever, if you need me to take a better photo (sans flash reflection) when I get home on Sunday morning, just send me a PM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by sc flier
I've photographed my button and posted it to the FlyerTalk Photo Gallery. Lehava or whomever, if you need me to take a better photo (sans flash reflection) when I get home on Sunday morning, just send me a PM.
I posted a link to a photo of the button a few days ago.

http://www1.airliners.net/uf/view.fi...8508bgxT7i.jpg
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:56 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Luggage Tags Posted

Ok I knew NOTHING about the FT Photo gallery. Now that you showed me that I uploaded the two files for the bag tags. Feel free to print and use. They are nothing fancy, and I will probably do better over time, but I needed them fast!!!!!! They files are meant to be printed front to back and then use a laminating luggage tag.

Edited: Album has been renamed (sorry just learning how to use this). The tags can now be found at http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/DL-Luggage-Tags
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:05 am

thank you

To all, as a member of the Delta Board Council, thank you from all Delta people for the support you've shown in our fight against US Airways. We are working hard to get Keep Delta My Delta items to every man, woman, and child who wants to join our war against this hostile takeover effort.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Blind Squirrel
To all, as a member of the Delta Board Council, thank you from all Delta people for the support you've shown in our fight against US Airways. We are working hard to get Keep Delta My Delta items to every man, woman, and child who wants to join our war against this hostile takeover effort.
Blind Squirrel, Welcome to FlyerTalk! Hope you'll stick around; we have a great group of DL fliers here.

I picked up a Keep Delta My Delta button at the ORD CRC earlier Sat. morning, wore it all day as I went to ATL and returned. I received a lot of smiles from DL employees, and got into interesting conversations with a security ID checker and with a TSA employee on the shuttle train. Both listened to my throughts and agreed that the merger would be a bad thing. The TSA guy was aware that USAir hadn't fully integrated it's existing mergers and already had too mixed of a fleet to be managable.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Blind Squirrel
Welcome to FT, Blind Squirrel! Many here (self included) feel that Delta employees are the best in the business. Keep the faith and fight the good fight. I'm with you.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Buttoned up

Hey everyone. I got 3 buttons and the new wristbands yesterday. My understanding is that the buttons are going to be apart of their uniforms along with the wristbands (except in areas where safety is an issue). They are printing stickers up to give out as well.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I finally scored my button yesterday at the CRC in LGA on my way home. I wear it with pride! ^

I wish there was more we could do. Can we write or e-mail to anyone?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tonypct
I finally scored my button yesterday at the CRC in LGA on my way home. I wear it with pride! ^

I wish there was more we could do. Can we write or e-mail to anyone?
I don't know if it would help to voice you opinion to the creditors committee or not but these attorney's names were posted yesterday.

Daniel Golden represents the creditors committee

http://www.akingump.com/attorney.cfm?attorney_ID=1237

Alan Kornberg is apparently the guy that is representing the unofficial committee that a group of bondholders put together

http://www.paulweiss.com/lawyers/det...x?attorney=410

Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Delta employees are also being asked to write to their congressional Reps.
I think the same advice applies to you, our loyal customers. This is from the most recent letter the Delta Board Council has sent out.

• Your Congressional representatives will be home from December 7 through January 5. Attend any Town Hall meetings near you and let your representatives know how you feel about US Airways' take over attempt. Ask them for their position. Do the same at any meetings or events your state legislators or city officials may attend.
• You can write a letter to your Congressional representatives. Simply draft your own letter based on how you feel a US Airways takeover of Delta will affect you, our customers and Delta.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:47 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I'm sure I am going to get attacked here, but I'll be brave...

Why would the merger be such a bad a thing? Oversimplified, the U.S. air transportation system is suffering from overcapacity, among many other things. Anyway, why not Delta? I'm not advocating that Delta, or any other carrier, be the one to go, but why not them? I'm a frequent Delta flier, so I'm not here to bash. I don't know the in's and out's of the creditor situation with Delta, but aren't they owed and don't they deserve their money?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid
I'm sure I am going to get attacked here, but I'll be brave...

Why would the merger be such a bad a thing? Oversimplified, the U.S. air transportation system is suffering from overcapacity, among many other things. Anyway, why not Delta? I'm not advocating that Delta, or any other carrier, be the one to go, but why not them? I'm a frequent Delta flier, so I'm not here to bash. I don't know the in's and out's of the creditor situation with Delta, but aren't they owed and don't they deserve their money?
I am sure you are going to get lots of answers from a lot of people but here are my issues:

1) It is WHO the merger is with that irks me. US Scareways is a nightmare of customer service (have you been to PHL it makes ATL look like nirvana). I personally thought NW would be a horrible merger partner, til Dougie tried this crap!!!!

2) The fact that it was done as a hostile bid. Calling this a merger is a farce. A merger is two entities who both want to come together and see it as a positive. This is an attempt to STEAL our airline, by someone who cant run the one they have!!!!!!!

But hey other than that I might be ok with it *smile*.

Oh and let me add. I have also watched Delta really pull itself back together. A year and a 1/2 ago we were pretty low. Customer service was non existant, and there were a lot of problems. Delta and its people have worked really hard to remember who they were, where they came from and why they are here. To have someone try to tear all that down in an unwelcome move is not acceptable!!!!!!

Last edited by Lehava; Dec 3, 2006 at 2:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.