Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Now I really regret US-DL not merging...

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
This just in: US now says "No snacks for you!" to all Y pax on domestic routes.

Keep Delta My Delta!
Old May 29, 2008, 3:26 pm

As someone who flew over 50,000 miles on US last year and couldn't get away fast enough this year, there should be no regrets. For example, last year US cut first class seats on the A321 from 26 to 16 and pushed all the seats closer together to get more people on the plane. A320 was reduced from 16 to 12 first class. Their 757's only have 8 first class seats. If Dougie got his hands on DL, I would bet that would be his first move. Crowd as many people on as possible (and pray that it's not too heavy to make it transcon without a fuel stop). My upgrade % went down the tubes when they took out all those seats.
Old May 29, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by debbieb
As someone who flew over 50,000 miles on US last year and couldn't get away fast enough this year, there should be no regrets. For example, last year US cut first class seats on the A321 from 26 to 16 and pushed all the seats closer together to get more people on the plane. A320 was reduced from 16 to 12 first class. Their 757's only have 8 first class seats. If Dougie got his hands on DL, I would bet that would be his first move. Crowd as many people on as possible (and pray that it's not too heavy to make it transcon without a fuel stop). My upgrade % went down the tubes when they took out all those seats.
Not to mention they removed the closets in first and put the video equipment over 1A on some of the planes.... SO not only do you now need to stuff your overcoat in to the bins, you have less room in the cabin to do so.

I do a lot of flights from Ohio to the South and Southwest during the fall and winter months. There's nothing like smashing a 42L trenchcoat or puffy-coat in to the bins while you're flying in "First".

Agreed though on the upgrades. Even as a CP I went from about 95% to about 30% when I was riding in one of these modified planes. It was never a great airline, but it went from not great to worse than bad.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:10 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Originally Posted by pentop
Given the recent changes (mostly negative) to the DL flying program and FF program, does anyone here who initially supported the grassroots movement to Keep Delta My Delta now regret having done so?

While I didn't participate, at the time I thought it was a pretty nice idea. Now looking at the changes over the past few months, I'm glad I did not. All it seemed to do is give a positive boost to management to allow them time and breathing space to implement their changes.

uhm no. merged carrier would be even worse and a 50/50 chance at another round of bankruptcy
Old May 30, 2008, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
A recent survey from the Wolverines...
But you need to dig a little deeper. Here are the actual survey results. The conclusion is that all of the legacies basically stink. US fares the worst, but the others aren't much better.

As for regrets? I didn't participate, so I have none. But, I wouldn't say I am necessarily thankful that others did. Not upset that they did it, but not thankful, either. I suspect that we will see a degradation in service levels, frequency, affordability, and FF programs, regardless of who merges with whom. Trying to "save" one's airline seems like so much tilting at windmills to me.

Were I an investor, I would be angry, as DL won't reach the valuations that DL management promised them, anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.