Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Attached is a communication to Delta employees from the Delta Board Council. We are not about to stand idly by while outsiders come in, purchase our identity, and destroy our company. FlyerTalkers, now more than ever, thank you for your loyalty to Delta Air Lines.

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta” buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.”

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by N866DA
Attached is a communication to Delta employees from the Delta Board Council. We are not about to stand idly by while outsiders come in, purchase our identity, and destroy our company. FlyerTalkers, now more than ever, thank you for your loyalty to Delta Air Lines......

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta” buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.”
As I posted in another thread, I have to say I saw this pride yesterday flying through the system on stand by. The extra time gave me several opportunities to talk with the employess.

My only question..... Where can we as customers get our on hands on the buttons and stickers? I'm going to need some extras because the first set is going to dougie with a letter of what I think about his little ponzi scheme. As a multi year CP I have several comments I would like to share with him.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 17, 2006 at 4:43 pm
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL PM
Smile Support KEEP DELTA MY DELTA

We all have personal signature lines.

I suggest we all adapt the same signature line to
show our support for our airline of choice........

SUPPORT THE TEAM
KEEP DELTA MY DELTA

Spread the word everyboby
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Who is the "my" in "my Delta"?

Don't Delta's creditors effectively own Delta -- in which case it is really "their" Delta?

Or am I misunderstanding the situation? (Which is quite possible--I'm only going on the insufficiently detailed news reports I've read.)
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:29 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MISSINGPIEDMONT
We all have personal signature lines.

I suggest we all adapt the same signature line to
show our support for our airline of choice........

SUPPORT THE TEAM
KEEP DELTA MY DELTA

Spread the word everyboby

I like the idea!! What about changing it to "Keep Delta Their Delta" since it is for the employees?

Well, I guess it is the customers airline too, so I don't know. Either works... ^
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:32 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by justageek
I read "my" as Delta's current employees under the argument that it is the employees who have build the airline to what it is today, and they don't want someone coming in to change what they have built.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
I read "my" as Delta's current employees under the argument that it is the employees who have build the airline to what it is today, and they don't want someone coming in to change what they have built.
If the employees feel that it is already "their" airline, couldn't they put together a better offer than USAir, buy the airline, and make it official?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
I've already made up a button saying "KEEP DELTA OUR DELTA" for my flight next week. Synergy of employees and customers...
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Originally Posted by justageek

Don't Delta's creditors effectively own Delta -- in which case it is really "their" Delta?

Or am I misunderstanding the situation? (Which is quite possible--I'm only going on the insufficiently detailed news reports I've read.)
ohhh, give me a break.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
What exactly is the Delta Board Council? They seem to have sufficient standling for a meeting with "Jerry", but what influence would they have on company decision making?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drbond
ohhh, give me a break.
Haven't you seen the signs? They clearly say "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS"
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Daze
What exactly is the Delta Board Council?

The Delta Board Council was put together by the Board of Directors back in the 90's. They are a group of five employees. One from each work group except the pilot group. There is one from Reservations, Airport Customer Service, Technical Operations, In Flight and Adminstrative and Saleried employees.

They are the voice of the people and comminucate directly with the Board.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
They will have to do a lot more than buttons to make this takeover go away.

For those who do work at DL and want to make a difference, do what the politicians do - bombard the press, the media, and your government officials about how bad this merger proposal is, how it will damage your local city, job losses, noncompetitive issues. The same applies to the DOJ topics. Make yourself heard. And make it clear that despite claims that Parker can achieve synergies, that the combined company will simply cause massive issues for consumers and customers, due to collision in cultures (obviously, the solution would be to furlough/let go of all DL non-essential staff in markets US has staff in already, thus achieving even more cost savings).

The press and wall street like it - so Parker and company have that bit sorted already. Now its your battle to overcome that.

Originally Posted by micmath
They are the voice of the people and comminucate directly with the Board.

Last edited by gpan; Nov 18, 2006 at 2:55 am
Old Nov 18, 2006, 6:06 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
In years past Delta was always a "family" airline and the extended family included the customers who flew the carrier religiously. It was this family environment that was damaged somewhat, at least on the employee side, by Ron Allen, and then totally destroyed, on both the employee and customer side, by King Leo.

This chased away customers and alienated employees. All of us in the "family" have been in foster care for the past couple of years.

The actions of current management have done much, at least from the customer standpoint, to repair things. I, for one, plan to return to the carrier full time in 2007 and regain PM status.

And particularly for those based in ATL, Delta has been a huge driving force behind the enormous economic expansion in the city. And with more and more international nonstop destinations, this growth will be fueled even more.

So, I think the Delta "family" -- "our" Delta -- is being reborn and reconstituted, and it just gripes my butt to think that we would stand by and let a bunch of third rate airline operators like those in Phoenix take over the company, just as Delta is getting its act together again.

And, yes, I do realize that the creditors will call the shots on this.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 6:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
In years past Delta was always a "family" airline and the extended family included the customers who flew the carrier religiously. It was this family environment that was damaged somewhat, at least on the employee side, by Ron Allen, and then totally destroyed, on both the employee and customer side, by King Leo.

This chased away customers and alienated employees. All of us in the "family" have been in foster care for the past couple of years.

The actions of current management have done much, at least from the customer standpoint, to repair things. I, for one, plan to return to the carrier full time in 2007 and regain PM status.

And particularly for those based in ATL, Delta has been a huge driving force behind the enormous economic expansion in the city. And with more and more international nonstop destinations, this growth will be fueled even more.

So, I think the Delta "family" -- "our" Delta -- is being reborn and reconstituted, and it just gripes my butt to think that we would stand by and let a bunch of third rate airline operators like those in Phoenix take over the company, just as Delta is getting its act together again.

And, yes, I do realize that the creditors will call the shots on this.

Your post actualy gave me the chills. We have been feeling the "family spirit" much more lately and you are right its our current management team that has brought it back. I feel really proud when I read comments in FT that the customers are feeling the change as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.