Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Originally Posted by newyorkmetz12
My debate is if i should wear it on an upcoming US airways flight (booked way before the takeover announcement it was 98 RT to Columbus)
It's also a requirement to post what kind of reactions/comments you get on your flight from staff/other pax!

I'm going to PHX next week (on DL) and will try to find one to wear around the airport.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
(re: mergers)
Even in the best of cases, it will take at least 2-3 years to determine success.
With the current state of legacy airlines in the U.S., no way they could survive 2-3 years of uncertainty and turmoil. This merger will kill both parties.

My debate is if i should wear it on an upcomming US airways flight
ABSOLUTELY!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:11 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
My debate is if i should wear it on an upcomming US airways flight (booked way before the takeover announcement it was 98 RT to Columbus)
Of course you should! - there are no better places to wear or display it than on US/HP planes or concourses/terminals...LAS, PHX, CLT, PIT, LGA, etc. In fact, wearing it around ATL or on DL planes is not really that useful (other than showing solidarity with the DL employees) since it's quite clear that most if not all DL people are against this deal....
Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:42 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Traveller
Naw, I know one guy who didn't wear one today because he doesn't want to get holes from the pin in his work shirts.... he is one of the best DL employees I know.

Well then he needs to share his button with janeaway for her trip to PHX and wear a sticker instead.

Buttoms have become too much of a hot commodity. And, then there is the "requirement" that comes with accepting the button. Once you accept them you go to display them!!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:23 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
I guess the buttons are still being propagated throughout the system ... slowly. My wife flew PHL-ATL-GNV yesterday and was able to score 2 of the buttons on the ground in PHL. On the plane (upgraded to F) the FA hadn't yet found one and asked Mrs. Pharaoh where she got hers, and Mrs P gave her one!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Scored a button and a sticker at the BOS CRC. It was very well received by staff.

Jim
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: hawaiian airlines
america worst strikes again

believe me living here in tempe az, u don't want any part of america worst airlines, i stopped flying them about 10 years ago and sent them my frequent flyer card, that wa sthe very last time i will ever fly that airline, sorry for ur employees, they will ruin ur lives and carers, kauaibeachbum

Originally Posted by N866DA
Attached is a communication to Delta employees from the Delta Board Council. We are not about to stand idly by while outsiders come in, purchase our identity, and destroy our company. FlyerTalkers, now more than ever, thank you for your loyalty to Delta Air Lines.

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta” buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.”

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Was unable to get any at ATL or SAT today. The only folks I saw wearing them were two pilots ATL->DCA and some of the DCA ground crew.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by kauaibeachbum
believe me living here in tempe az, u don't want any part of america worst airlines
Welcome to FlyerTalk! We all agree with you, this merger will drag DL down the tubes with US Scareways.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Was at the LGA CRC today on my way to PDX and everybody in the CRC was wearing a button. I went up to one of the agents and asked her if they were available for pax. I told her I would love to wear one. She was very appreciative and then went into the back to get me one. She came out saying that someone was making arrangements (whatever that meant) to get one for me.

She never got back to me and I had to run out for my flight so I never got a button. I'll try to get one while I'm here at PDX. I have not seen inflight crews wearing them, just CRC and gate agents.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Welcome to FlyerTalk! We all agree with you, this merger will drag DL down the tubes with US Scareways.
Well, almost "all". My buddy, indufan, is still fence sitting.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Looks like DL is already down the tubes:

"Data on Delta tell a troubling tale" -- USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/colum...ncatelli_x.htm
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by haveric
Looks like DL is already down the tubes:

"Data on Delta tell a troubling tale" -- USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/colum...ncatelli_x.htm
So since DL has an operational headache at JFK and US has a similar one at PHL (see link below):
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/b...uirer_business

Why drag these two together to create an even bigger mess in the Northeast? (Trying to bring this back on topic here.... )

BTW, Joe B's quote that:
".....Layer all this atop ad hoc fleet maneuvers—earlier this year, for example, Delta abruptly shifted dozens of domestically configured Boeing 767s to international routes without first installing international business-class seats.....and you have a carrier that tries the patience of even its most loyal customers." is off the mark....

Abruptly?? Also, IIRC, not many people were actually bothered by the lack of BE on most of these routes (JFK-MAN, JFK-SNN/DUB, ATL-SNN - all of which have marginal business traffic anyway especially during the summer). THe 764s were also used on ATL-LGW and ATL-FCO but these were on supplementary flights; there were still BE-equipped aircraft on those routes anyway....
Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Keep Delta My Delta

Delta Rules!!! I Cant Wait To Get Me Delta Pin, I Will Wear It With Alot Of Pride!!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
So since DL has an operational headache at JFK and US has a similar one at PHL (see link below):
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/b...uirer_business

Why drag these two together to create an even bigger mess in the Northeast? (Trying to bring this back on topic here.... )
If the merger went through, they'd reduce capacity at both those airports, likely reducing congestion in the NE. At least until B6 and WN swoop in and build it back up. US has also said they'd drastically reduce the number of 50 seaters, which should reduce some congestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.