Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:42 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by micmath
Me too. That's why I asked if anyone had seen these. Are they really around and who is wearing them if they are?
I haven't seen it, but was told that a pilot was passing them out in CLT on his own this week.

Thinking about making some on my own though.......

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Dec 1, 2006 at 8:14 am
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:51 am
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
romadaro, That's quite a story and quite a long grudge you hold there. That was nice of the US Air agent to put their entire flight in jeapordy of making inconvenient and costly unscheduled landing or landing with one less breathing passenger onboard (would you be praising them then?). It's not medavac and for goodness sakes why did you ever put your wifes life at risk over food poisening? She needed an IV not heart or brain surgery.

Keep USAIR HP's USIAR and Keep Delta My Delta!!

can we get back on topic now?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by jimquan
Scored a button and a sticker at the BOS CRC. It was very well received by staff.

Jim
Flew four legs yesterday. No score on the first leg as station had no pins.

Asked in the ATL CRC and agent said they did not have any so she gave hers with nice smile and thank you for wearing it. Then the fun began. dougie has no idea what he has wrought. He has poked a sleeping giant and it is angry.....

Almost with out exception, every employee I met thanked me for wearing the pin. F/A on next trip never let me take a sip of my drink before he refilled it. Every pilot said thanks as I was walking out the door, as they were saying thanks and some shaking hands with every passenger leaving the plane. The service yesterday on every flight was like the DL of 15 years ago. It was a wonderful thing to watch, even with taking a two hour delay last night due to weather and a sick co-pilot.

Then on the return, a T/A working the kiosk pulls me out of line and asked me if she can help me. She was wonderful. The reason for my trip basically went bust and I now had six hours to wait for the return and the next four flights were sold out. Not sure how but I'm on the next flight in an exit aisle seat. All four agents at the gate, thank me for wearing the button.

Oh yeah I guess I should mention this station had extra buttons and went in the back and got me one.......dougie, yours is in the mail this morning. I got one for you as well Elise.

Arrive in ATL and go into club to standby for next flight only to find some angel had already confirmed me making me good for an upgrade on the next flight. All in CRC thank me for wearing the button. Get to the gate and everything repeats itself. Repeats on the plane. I almost felt like a rock star or something all day.

But the best of the day was getting off in CLT, my home airport. The smiles on the agents faces as I walked by the podium made my day and I think I may have made theirs. They are a great staff, BTW

My response to all who said thanks for wearing the pin was
heartfelt and the same. "You folks are the best, and we want to keep it that way"

So dougie....dougie...dougie.....you have awakened a sleeping giant and it is mad. I have no idea if DL will emerge as a stand alone airline. I do know that it will not be a part of the train wreck you call an airline. These folks are mad and you will have to deal with you have wrought for years to come. These folks love to fly, love their company, and it shows....

And BTW, I'm still looking for one of the pins you gave out and had the big kick off parties in all of the hubs a month or so ago. I haven't seen one yet. dougie.....do your employees have the same love?

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Dec 1, 2006 at 8:52 am
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:20 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by romadaro
Doesn't matter what they call it, the bottom line is that US will OWN you!!!! I have not flown Delta since my wife suffered food poisoning in the Bahamas 15 years ago and I had to get her to the States to have her stomach pumped after she lost 20 pounds in 4 hours due to dehydration.
Well you can hate me too, as I would say she shouldnt have been on a commercial flight either. She should have been on a medi-vac or something. I understand you were upset and worried, but your wife condition could have meant a diversion for a whole plane full of people, if you were wrong and it was not food poisioning but something contagious she could infect a whole plane full of people not to mention yes she could have died or gotten a lot worse on the plane and that was NOT delta's to deal with. You were crazy to take her from a stable place with medical facilities onto a commercial plane!!!! The fact that US Scareways placated you only reinforces my view of them!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
I've been looking for one of the buttons but didn't find any in ATL or LGW the other day (I did see two crew wearing them, on the long haul)..

I still think they need to do more. And the reality is that the anti-trust folk will either make it happen or not - not the consumers it seems this time.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by gpan
I've been looking for one of the buttons but didn't find any in ATL or LGW the other day (I did see two crew wearing them, on the long haul)..

I still think they need to do more. And the reality is that the anti-trust folk will either make it happen or not - not the consumers it seems this time.
Don't think it is going to get the far. Rumor has it US does not have the votes on the creditors committee.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Don't think it is going to get the far. Rumor has it US does not have the votes on the creditors committee.
Darn, what a shame *smile*. And you didn't steal me any buttons????
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Lehava
I'm coming out of FT hibernation to join the cause (can't think of any reason that is more worthwhile). I am going to make luggage tags this week using the theme. Does anyone have a button or sticker they can scan and send me to show me the design being used (haven't seen on yet as I have been sick the last few weeks and haven't been in an airport). Will be happy to share the file for the tags if anyone else wants it when done (going to print on card stock and put in luggage tag lamenators from staples).

Long live the Spirit of Delta!!!
Glad to see you back, and I would love the file, tstill trying to score a button or sticker myself, asking everywhere and no station has any to 'give' out.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Lehava
Darn, what a shame *smile*. And you didn't steal me any buttons????
Nope.... The two extras are on their way to Tempe as I type. I'm through ATL four times next week, so if you want one I'll pick one up for you.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta DM
Wirelessly posted (corptreo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

just scored a button in den. ill see if I can grab some in atl today and tomorrow.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:21 am
In memoriam

Nope.... The two extras are on their way to Tempe as I type. I'm through ATL four times next week, so if you want one I'll pick one up for you.
Yes if you can score one or two for me please do. I am stuck on flights codeshared with NW for the next couple weeks and will be going throught DTW and MSP!!!! Happy to pay for shipping on them!!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Has DL already shown it's POR to the creditors? If not, it's probably a bit premature to start counting votes.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by romadaro
Doesn't matter what they call it, the bottom line is that US will OWN you!!!! I have not flown Delta since my wife suffered food poisoning in the Bahamas 15 years ago and I had to get her to the States to have her stomach pumped after she lost 20 pounds in 4 hours due to dehydration. When we arrived at the airport in Nassau, Delta had the first flight going to the US (I didn't care which city we flew to as I wasn't going to put her in a hospital in the Bahamas) and I went to the ticket counter and asked to buy 2 tickets to Atlanta. The ticket agent took one look at my wife (who was vomiting and had severe diaherra) and asked what was wrong with her. After telling her, she made me buy a ticket for the medic from the ambulance to accompany us as they didn't want any liability if something happened in flight. So I had to buy a round trip ticket for him to fly with us and back to the Bahamas. Total cost for the three tickets was over $8,000, but I didn't care as this was a matter of life or death. However, when we reached the gate, we had to go through the same explanation with the gate agent and she closed the door to the jetway and told me that she didn't care whether the medic was going or not, my wife was not going to fly on Delta! I literally begged her and asked her if she realized this was a matter of life or death with tears flowing down my face as the flight backed away from the gate!!! She turned and looked out the window and said it didn't matter because the flight was closed and the plane was on its' way. We wheeled my wife back to the ticket counter and I was screaming and in hysterics as I couldn't believe Delta was doing this as my wife continued to weaken before my eyes. USAir had the next flight leaving and one of the ticket agents at US came over and tried to calm me and told me that they would get her on the US flight to CLT and arrange to have emergency crews on the ground when we arrived to transport her to the closest hospital. She didn't even require the medic fly with us. She put us in First Class in the bulkhead so she would be close to the bathroom and when we arrived in CLT the ambulances were waiting to transport her to Mercy South hospital. Doctors told us that we got there in the nick of time as she probably would not have lasted much longer if we hadn't. Since that day, neither of us have set foot on a Delta flight and won't unless US buys them. I fly over 100,000 miles a year and have been Chairman Preferred every year since. So, I have good reason to HATE Delta and that's why I'm cheering for US!!!
A few paragraph breaks would make your post readable.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Wirelessly posted (corptreo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

just scored a button in den. ill see if I can grab some in atl today and tomorrow.
Kewl! I'll be flying from PDX to ATL tonight and then onto LGA tomorrow morning and am hoping that I'll be able to score one too.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by murphy
Has DL already shown it's POR to the creditors? If not, it's probably a bit premature to start counting votes.
Yes it is. However the committee has been working closely with the DL management as they are basically the trustees in BK and they can always go tell dougie to go pound salt......for the third time. Would that make strike three and you're out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.