Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Has anyone seen one of these yet?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STOP-US-AIRWAYS-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by micmath
The ebay site says that Delta management is responsible for this button, which I find hard to believe....
Old Nov 30, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The ebay site says that Delta management is responsible for this button, which I find hard to believe....
Me too. That's why I asked if anyone had seen these. Are they really around and who is wearing them if they are?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Making Luggage Tags

I'm coming out of FT hibernation to join the cause (can't think of any reason that is more worthwhile). I am going to make luggage tags this week using the theme. Does anyone have a button or sticker they can scan and send me to show me the design being used (haven't seen on yet as I have been sick the last few weeks and haven't been in an airport). Will be happy to share the file for the tags if anyone else wants it when done (going to print on card stock and put in luggage tag lamenators from staples).

Long live the Spirit of Delta!!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Lehava
I'm coming out of FT hibernation to join the cause (can't think of any reason that is more worthwhile). I am going to make luggage tags this week using the theme. Does anyone have a button or sticker they can scan and send me to show me the design being used (haven't seen on yet as I have been sick the last few weeks and haven't been in an airport). Will be happy to share the file for the tags if anyone else wants it when done (going to print on card stock and put in luggage tag lamenators from staples).

That's a really good idea. I will do the same.

Image here

Glad to have you back here.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by tkey75
That's a really good idea. I will do the same.

Image here

Glad to have you back here.
Thanks and thanks!!!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:39 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lehava

Nice to see you back Lehava!

I would love to see the luggage tags when you are done!^
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by haveric
Looks like DL is already down the tubes:

"Data on Delta tell a troubling tale" -- USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/colum...ncatelli_x.htm
Is Brancatelli on US Airways' payroll? Seems awfully suspicious that this article would come out now. He must be aware of our thoughts on this merger here at FT and I can't help but think that this is his way of promoting the merger. This just smells.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
I remember the days when Delta tried to put US out of business with fare wars at its hubs in CLT, PIT and PHL after they filed bankruptcy. Now the shoe is on the other foot AND I LOVE IT!!!! You can wear all the pins you want, but it won't be long before US OWNS DELTA!!!!!!! That's right, Delta, you'll be flying the flag!!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:23 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by romadaro
I remember the days when Delta tried to put US out of business with fare wars at its hubs in CLT, PIT and PHL after they filed bankruptcy. Now the shoe is on the other foot AND I LOVE IT!!!! You can wear all the pins you want, but it won't be long before US OWNS DELTA!!!!!!! That's right, Delta, you'll be flying the flag!!!
Interesting post, but you seem to forget that even if the M.F.H (merger from hades) does go through, the flag wont be flying. Even US Scareways admits they are a lesser airline and that Delta is a better brand!!!!!!! So the flag will be gone!!!!! Be careful what you wish for!!!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DLfan
Well, almost "all". My buddy, indufan, is still fence sitting.
Yes, it's true, I am still fence sitting. Don't get me wrong, I would love for Delta to become the biggest badest airline out there on their own. I do think Jerry G is doing a good job but I am not sure that he will be around much longer even if Delta stays on their own...he is not a young man, you know.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Fare wars are a fact of life, whether its DL against US or US against anybody else. B6 started fare wars in PHL when they came in there.

Are you really a satisfied US flyer? Do you really think that the America West purchase of US is going well?

And as was already noted, if this deal does go through, its the end of US Airways as a brand, not Delta. The Delta name will live on. I've got to give US management some credit for at least acknowledging that reality.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Doesn't matter what they call it, the bottom line is that US will OWN you!!!! I have not flown Delta since my wife suffered food poisoning in the Bahamas 15 years ago and I had to get her to the States to have her stomach pumped after she lost 20 pounds in 4 hours due to dehydration. When we arrived at the airport in Nassau, Delta had the first flight going to the US (I didn't care which city we flew to as I wasn't going to put her in a hospital in the Bahamas) and I went to the ticket counter and asked to buy 2 tickets to Atlanta. The ticket agent took one look at my wife (who was vomiting and had severe diaherra) and asked what was wrong with her. After telling her, she made me buy a ticket for the medic from the ambulance to accompany us as they didn't want any liability if something happened in flight. So I had to buy a round trip ticket for him to fly with us and back to the Bahamas. Total cost for the three tickets was over $8,000, but I didn't care as this was a matter of life or death. However, when we reached the gate, we had to go through the same explanation with the gate agent and she closed the door to the jetway and told me that she didn't care whether the medic was going or not, my wife was not going to fly on Delta! I literally begged her and asked her if she realized this was a matter of life or death with tears flowing down my face as the flight backed away from the gate!!! She turned and looked out the window and said it didn't matter because the flight was closed and the plane was on its' way. We wheeled my wife back to the ticket counter and I was screaming and in hysterics as I couldn't believe Delta was doing this as my wife continued to weaken before my eyes. USAir had the next flight leaving and one of the ticket agents at US came over and tried to calm me and told me that they would get her on the US flight to CLT and arrange to have emergency crews on the ground when we arrived to transport her to the closest hospital. She didn't even require the medic fly with us. She put us in First Class in the bulkhead so she would be close to the bathroom and when we arrived in CLT the ambulances were waiting to transport her to Mercy South hospital. Doctors told us that we got there in the nick of time as she probably would not have lasted much longer if we hadn't. Since that day, neither of us have set foot on a Delta flight and won't unless US buys them. I fly over 100,000 miles a year and have been Chairman Preferred every year since. So, I have good reason to HATE Delta and that's why I'm cheering for US!!!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
So, I have good reason to HATE Delta and that's why I'm cheering for US!!!
I can't imagine why Dougie would want to own such a crappy airline. Maybe you should use your considerable clout to tell him that you "hate Delta" and will take your business elsewhere before you will bury the hatchet and fly Delta again. Doesn't matter what YOU call it, it will still say Delta on the plane.

This story is familiar. Either you've posted it here before, or you have a twin.

Last edited by DLfan; Dec 1, 2006 at 11:46 am
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
It may say Delta, but is really America West - gotta love the confusion they will have successfully achieved.

US will not exist either in the long run, it already is just a operating unit run out of Phoenix, remember...

But in this industry, nothing's surprising.

Originally Posted by DLfan
Doesn't matter what YOU call it, it will still say Delta on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.