Search

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:01 pm

duplicate

Last edited by gilpin; Dec 3, 2006 at 2:03 pm Reason: dup
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I expect US might sue DL if DL management tells Parker to pound sand when he demands access to the books.
I don't think that is remotely possible. DL is already under control of the court. US is making a request which that court may either grant or deny.

If the request is denied then US could use whatever appeal process is possible (if any), but they would have no basis to sue DL. And even if they did, what damages could they claim? DL has no due diligence obligation of this type for a hostile takeover bid which is rejected.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: UGS, AA CK
The merger w/ USAir will probably be good for you in the long run. Both need the merger to survive.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid
Why would the merger be such a bad a thing? Oversimplified, the U.S. air transportation system is suffering from overcapacity, among many other things. Anyway, why not Delta?
Agreed, some mergers and shake-outs are clearly in the near future, and are probably necessary. Our problem is not with Delta merging with another airline. If this had come from CO, NW, or any of a number of others, you wouldn't see such a strong reaction. However, Delta pax and employees do not like what we see with USAir, and we know this specific merger is a very bad mix.

Originally Posted by staren937
The merger w/ USAir will probably be good for you in the long run. Both need the merger to survive.
But how will both survive this merger? It's oil and water.

Yes, USAir gains greatly from this merger. But DL doesn't gain anything, and it loses a lot (and quite possibly everything, looking two or three years down the line)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by staren937
Delta is not a child to be grabbed and forced into something because someone else feels it will be "good for them in the long run". Like it or not, the way US is going about this is just wrong. They are not looking to merge, they are looking to conquer, and DL and its faithful will not go quietly into that scenario.

However if US is willing to admit it can't survive without this, I will be happy to start planning their "going out of business" party (just hope the invitations dont get lost going through PHL)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
If this had come from CO, NW, or any of a number of others, you wouldn't see such a strong reaction.

Exactly. I know some DL employees who would jump for joy if a merger with CO could be accomplished, though I have no idea if their opinion is widespread.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
This is an attempt to STEAL our airline, by someone who cant run the one they have!!!!!!!

But hey other than that I might be ok with it *smile*.
This is not a dig so dont flame (or flame me at will, whatever).. No airline is OUR airline.. They all belong to their shareholders, and in DL's (and NW's) case, their creditors.

Big business does not care about any of us. Look at your own companies if Investment Capital funders got involved.

Sure, we can all be emotionally invested, like I was with DL years ago, but none of the airlines, hotel chains etc are ours.

That said, I hope your buttons, letters, calls et al, work. When one airline folds, or is gobbled up, it hurts us all because there is less competition and prices will go up. Service will go down.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by mikey1003
This is not a dig so dont flame (or flame me at will, whatever).. No airline is OUR airline.. They all belong to their shareholders, and in DL's (and NW's) case, their creditors.

Big business does not care about any of us. Look at your own companies if Investment Capital funders got involved.

Sure, we can all be emotionally invested, like I was with DL years ago, but none of the airlines, hotel chains etc are ours.

That said, I hope your buttons, letters, calls et al, work. When one airline folds, or is gobbled up, it hurts us all because there is less competition and prices will go up. Service will go down.

Ahhh Mikey, so jaded, but we love you anyway!!!!! I figure you would be estatic about the merger *smirk* You'd get segments back *grin*
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Ahhh Mikey, so jaded, but we love you anyway!!!!! I figure you would be estatic about the merger *smirk* You'd get segments back *grin*
Reread my last paragraph please.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: None-Airline employee
[QUOTE=Lehava;6786030]

1) It is WHO the merger is with that irks me. US Scareways is a nightmare of customer service (have you been to PHL it makes ATL look like nirvana). I personally thought NW would be a horrible merger partner, til Dougie tried this crap!!!!

Don't confuse the old US Airways ( pre meger with HP) with the new one. They don't exist anymore.

2) The fact that it was done as a hostile bid. Calling this a merger is a farce. A merger is two entities who both want to come together and see it as a positive. This is an attempt to STEAL our airline, by someone who cant run the one they have!!!!!!!

At least two attempts were made by US to come together with DL and were unsuccesful. DL has lost 16 billion dollars over the past 5 or 6 years. I think your creditors are tired of Delta's plan and they are looking for someone else. I can't forsee any scenario where the creditors would side with a DL stand alone plan.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:52 pm

I personally hope Delta emerges as a standalone carrier
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:55 pm

Thank you again to all of supporters of the Keep Delta My Delta campaign.

Last edited by Blind Squirrel; Dec 3, 2006 at 7:00 pm Reason: misspelling
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta-PM,CRC, HH Gold,Priority Club Plat, Hertz Prez
Thumbs up

I am sure you are going to get lots of answers from a lot of people but here are my issues:

1) It is WHO the merger is with that irks me. US Scareways is a nightmare of customer service (have you been to PHL it makes ATL look like nirvana). I personally thought NW would be a horrible merger partner, til Dougie tried this crap!!!!

Oh and let me add. I have also watched Delta really pull itself back together. A year and a 1/2 ago we were pretty low. Customer service was non existant, and there were a lot of problems. Delta and its people have worked really hard to remember who they were, where they came from and why they are here. To have someone try to tear all that down in an unwelcome move is not acceptable!!!!!!
You said it much better than I could Lehava.
I picked up my "Keep Delta My Delta Tag when I went through PDX last week. The GA knows me by face. When I asked her for one, she said hang on a sec. A couple minutes later, she was back with one. I PROUDLY, pinned it to my carry on and went to my gate. It was not till I got to CLT, that I received anything but smiles and nice comments from anyone. In CLT, I got sh**y looks from US people. One person was very upfront with his look, and I felt very good giving him the middle finger salute for his facial expressions.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta
I may sound picky here, but the only airline I would mind seeing Delta merge with is Continental. US Scareways, as a merger partner is a nightmare. I see nothing but negatives out of a merger like this. Delta has worked too hard in the bankruptcy to be taken over like this. They have completely transformed this airline and to see an airline like US take them over would be very bad. In the future, I don't want to see Parker at the head of Delta, I don't want to see airbuses in the fleet, I don't want to see PHL, CLT, PHX, or LAS as hubs. I want to see the current Delta come out of BK as a standalone carrier.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by eclipse2600
I felt very good giving him the middle finger salute for his facial expressions.
Don't overwhelm them with your maturity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.