FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:23 pm
N866DA

"Keep Delta My Delta" Campaign

Attached is a communication to Delta employees from the Delta Board Council. We are not about to stand idly by while outsiders come in, purchase our identity, and destroy our company. FlyerTalkers, now more than ever, thank you for your loyalty to Delta Air Lines.

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta” buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.”

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps