Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Fire truck salute greet you on landing?
Unfortunately no salute - just another safe landing to walk away from.

Originally Posted by skchin
Congratz! How long did it take you?
Took 13 years. I had 2 years of silver / gold when I first started travel, then was PM at the old 100k level for a bit and then left DL when they pulled all mainline flights out of Buffalo and left us with only 50 seat RJ's (even the ATL flights, which was just stupid). NW had only mainline into BUF at the time, so I switched, but shortly after switching airlines I started my own company and basically stopped travel for the first 4 years to keep my expenses down (actually dropped down to general member for a year). The last 2 have been hot and heavy again. I got "lucky" that DL took down NW as that gave me about 100k miles from my NW travel that merged into DL.

If the business keeps going the way it is (crossing fingers) I'll probably end up doing 200k ~ 250k a year hear on forward, so I'll probably hit the 2MM mark faster.

Originally Posted by AM-PM-DM
Congratulations!

I sooooooo can relate. SEA-NYC-SEA next week ending with 999.182 miles. The following week SEA-BWI will get me to 1MM as well. I am reckoning somewhere over Regent, MT (do not flame me, just looked it up). I am all giddy about it. Which is so unlike me. And when you look at it closely, nothing will change in your life when you step of the plane. If I just could get a replacement for my DM card with the MM logo right away. LOL
I'm over by 272 miles, so I just squeaked by the mark.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Congrats.

I still have, somewhere, the boarding pass stub from my 1MM flight (the old, tear-off, thick paper kind).

I should hit 2MM in a few next months. Waiting to see what I'll add to my memorabilia for that... a print-at-home sheet of paper, or an AMEX statement?

If you select the Hartmann roll-aboard, let me know if it comes with a "get out of Sizewise free" certificate.
I checked-in at the airport and have a nice thick paper stock of my boarding pass, so yeah, I'm keeping it.

As for the Hartmann, I really really want to get it, but the wife will have first dibs on the gift. With me being gone as much as I have been I've got to give her the first choice.

I got the Million Mile e-mail on Sunday already with the gift link, so that hit pretty fast.

Originally Posted by mdaecher
So, was that senior pilot seated next to you...you know like in the movie?

I honestly have no idea how many miles I have amongst all airlines, but I reckon you are about 500k from being officially sick and tired of flying and not giving a hoot about any of this crap anymore (this just recently set in on me I might add..)

Congrats
Travel is the best part, and the worst part, of the job at the same time. Best part in-that I still can't believe I'm "getting paid" to fly around the country and handle the sales aspect for my company. Any day I can find myself on a golf course, fishing, having these lavish dinners, etc - building relationships with clients just isn't work to me.

The suck part is that I do miss my wife and 3 sons terribly. I feel guilty knowing they're stuck at home and I miss them, especially if there's some sort of school or athletic function that I miss.

And for all the others who've added your congrats - THANKS !!!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Further congratulations from MSP.

I will plan an Woodford, Makers or Jack in your honor, eat some Crown Room (I will still never say Skyclub) Pretzels, hummus or fake cheese spread in your honor.

Hopefully, you will get your 1MM "gift" before I do. I never received a mail to receive the gift, brought it to DL's attention this year - selected something in January - and haven't received it yet.

End whining and complaining here .

I'm at about 1.7M -> should hit 2 next year.

Congrats on your accomplishment.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Congratulations^

Sitting at 989,071 myself. Will pass 1MM some time over the ocean in two weeks on my next trip to Europe.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Congrats to you & cheers from the ground! Will have to join your toast w Makers Mark, that's what we have in the bar right now.
+1^
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Well done and CONGRATULATIONS!!

From hence forth, may you only fly up front with lie-flat seating and a pre-departure beverage on every flight!

(PS: Nice gesture of giving the MM gift choice to your spouse.)
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Welcome newest MM

@ErinAndrews

I've officially reached million miler status on Delta.."nothing to be proud of Russ"
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:17 am
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Originally Posted by scm53
@ErinAndrews

I've officially reached million miler status on Delta.."nothing to be proud of Russ"
Welcome to the "MM Club"
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Well, someone is a MM. But I can't figure out if it's scm, Erin, or Russ !

Congrats, Someone.
Old May 17, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
I just hit Million Miler status today. Yay.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, DL DM, AMEX DL Reserve, AA, UA, WN, Hertz PC.
Million Miler mid year.

So, I just hit the Million Miler status this past week and I've noticed that my delta.com status already reflects this change plus I've received a congratulatory email from Delta.

I am curious to know, however... since Million Miler tier comes with Silver Medallion status each year, whether DL will apply that to this year and add my 2011 accrued miles, which would bump me from Gold to Platinum.

I know NWA used to bump you up mid year as you hit a new threshold instead of having to wait another year and then start accumulating status again.

Anyone been through this?

Thanks

Last edited by louis66; Jul 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
You will bump up status almost immediately when you cross your threshold of MQMs / Segments. For PM you will need to cross the 75K MQM and from what i have found since they changed systems about a year ago, the status change will take place sometime that evening. This used to be on Saturday mornings.

I have also found that you no longer have to remove your SM number and add back to existing itineraries any longer.

As for MM, congrats on making this significant milestone. If you are already Gold, this will not bump you to the next level, you will still need to fly/earn the appropriate MQMs to make the PM status.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, DL DM, AMEX DL Reserve, AA, UA, WN, Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by b0nd0
You will bump up status almost immediately when you cross your threshold of MQMs / Segments. For PM you will need to cross the 75K MQM and from what i have found since they changed systems about a year ago, the status change will take place sometime that evening. This used to be on Saturday mornings.

I have also found that you no longer have to remove your SM number and add back to existing itineraries any longer.

As for MM, congrats on making this significant milestone. If you are already Gold, this will not bump you to the next level, you will still need to fly/earn the appropriate MQMs to make the PM status.
Well.. this is where I'm confused.

Once you hit the MM threshold, you start every year as SM automatically, without flying a single mile, according to the program page on delta.com. So, I take that to mean that if I then fly 25K miles, I would hit GM and if I fly 50K miles, I would then hit PM.

If that's the case, my question is whether DL will grant that automatic SM starting point for the year when MM tier is reached, which would mean that with my 50K miles already flown this year, I would be bumped to PM.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by louis66

Once you hit the MM threshold, you start every year as SM automatically, without flying a single mile, according to the program page on delta.com. So, I take that to mean that if I then fly 25K miles, I would hit GM and if I fly 50K miles, I would then hit PM.

If that's the case, my question is whether DL will grant that automatic SM starting point for the year when MM tier is reached, which would mean that with my 50K miles already flown this year, I would be bumped to PM.
No, it is treated as if someone gifted you status as a Choice Benefit - it is status without any MQM. You will have Silver every year (until they decided to do away with it), but you will start the year at 0 MQM. So, this year, you will be Gold (if you are now) but next year, you would start at Silver (0 MQM).
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The FO status awarded for 1MM miles is independent of the MQM-based qualifications.

It does not give you a 25,000 MQM leg up on GM, PM, or DM qualification.

It just means that, should you stop flying DL, you will be no less than a FO each year... as long as DL management wants to continue recognizing you.

I recently went from lifetime FO (was grandfathered under the old rules) to annual GM by passing 2MM miles.

Have often wondered, if DL decides to stop giving me the annual GM, can I revert to the lifetime FO.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by louis66

My read (and I'll bet the reality) is that the two methods for Silver qualification are not consecutive they're concurrent. Meaning to reach Gold, you're still going to have to hit 60 segments or 50K miles, not the difference between silver and gold... (just because they make you silver doesn't mean they give you 25K mqm credit...)

Anyone else know for sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.