Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Sorry, I missed that you wanted RDMs not EQMs. You have to call DL to find out how many RDMs you've accumulated -- unlike NW, they don't post that info online.
That's what I thought. I was just a little baffled that so many around here knew their current RDMs. I though there might be a way I am not aware of.

And just to get a laugh out of it: If I would be like 85% of the FTers here on the board, I should have been offended for you telling a DM to go and check his account history. I thought we ought to do this at least twice a day...

Well, maybe when I finally join the ranks of MM (-6k), people might take me more serious. - Or not. LOL
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
My flights today will give me MM. (Most of my MQM came from PMNW, but my flying has accelerated post-merger).

Does the boarding pass show anything?
In the old days, the MM used to show on your boarding pass along with your status.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AM-PM-DM
Just curious. How does one figure out lifetime RDM these days?
My last NW statement shows what I accumulated there. But is there a way to figure it out on DL.com?

P.S.: Only 6k more to 1 MM.....
They posted it online for a short while, right after the merger with the NW website.
I calculate it by remembering all the redemptions and adding that number up to my present total.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
UA is but in seat miles though not elite qualifying miles. So not exactly apples to apples comparison.
For the people who don't fly partners and never buy B or higher tickets, then EQM is pretty much equal to BIS
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Well I got MM last week (and it shows a "MILLION MILER" link in all caps when I am logged in), but as yet I have not received an email for the free gift, and when I click on the link "Million Miler Gift" under choice benefits it says I am not qualified. We'll see if maybe a system routine only processes this once a week...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:47 pm

I would settle for free FO at 1MM, but giving credit for the 25K MQMs it would have taken to get FO. So, fly 25K MQMs and you are Gold, 50K MQMs Platinum, etc.

Originally Posted by ciao114
At least to align with UA, lifetime GM for 1MM, lifetime PM with lifetime Skyclub membership for 2MM and lifetime DM for 3MM is fair enough since delta only count MQM toward MM status.
As you know UA offers lifetime premier executive for 1MM(not premier hello?), lifetime red carpet club for 2MM and lifetime 1K for 3MM.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM
I feel honored to have 'lifetime' silver being a MM. Now, if I can get 15k more MQM's this year I will earn GOLD for a year +. Silver is a bene.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
-- Reached 1 MM on NW in 2003 or so but don't remember if I even got a letter.

-- I later heard that NW gives recognition only after 2 MM, but nothing happened when I reached 2 MM in late 2009, perhaps because the NW FF program was in its last few months of existence.

The good news was that after the merger Delta calculated that I had 900K+ MQMs. But I did not pay much attention, in part because of some of the FT postings from people who only got passport holders or who received nothing at all beyond annually renewable Silver.

Well, today I received my Hartmann mobile garment bag. It's even niftier than it seemed on the Million Miler selection page, and both Hartmann and Amazon sell it for $550. And the Million Miler luggage tags I got a few weeks ago are another nice touch. I have no idea whether these have any practical value, but the whole package is way better than I've gotten from any other airline.
This sounds to me like you were never a NW MillionAir. While there are some technical differences as well as historical inconsistencies from both NW and DL regarding how MM status miles are counted, if DL recognized only 900 MQM, you probably never really hit 1MM on NW. Could it be that the 1MM and 2MM that NW failed to recognize were total program miles and not (approximately) total EQMs?

It's false that NW never recognized 1MM. When I hit 1MM with NW, I received a very nice box with a letter, a pen, and the MM luggage tag in shiny chrome (?) with black and red paint on black leather. Earlier NW MM received a different style of MM luggage tag that looked like brushed pewter, and were nicely mounted on a IIRC reddish-brown leather tag and strap, while earlier 2MM recieved a similar tag in a brushed gold color.

You're somewhat lucky that DL put your MQMs slightly under 1MM at the time of the merger so that you could quickly then qualify and claim the gift. I would have liked to receive a Hartmann welcome gift during the dark days of the merger.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ciao114
At least to align with UA, lifetime GM for 1MM, lifetime PM with lifetime Skyclub membership for 2MM and lifetime DM for 3MM is fair enough since delta only count MQM toward MM status.
As you know UA offers lifetime premier executive for 1MM(not premier hello?), lifetime red carpet club for 2MM and lifetime 1K for 3MM.
Originally Posted by phatpaw
I feel honored to have 'lifetime' silver being a MM. Now, if I can get 15k more MQM's this year I will earn GOLD for a year +. Silver is a bene.
For those qualifying after about 1995 ('97?), the status is no longer "lifetime." It is annual complementary, as long as DL management wants to do so.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by phatpaw
Unfortunately, the status (silver, gold, platinum) that one gets as 1, 2 or 4 Million Miler is not combinable with status from flying. So, if you are 1 MM and fly 25K MQMs a year, you are still silver. As 1/2/4 Million Miler you get the highest status of either MM or MQMs that year, and you cannot add the two up.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:53 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
For those qualifying after about 1995 ('97?), the status is no longer "lifetime." It is annual complementary, as long as DL management wants to do so.
Same is true for those qualifying before 1995. Just ask any Flying Colonel about his/her "lifetime" Crown Room membership...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM-1MM
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Unfortunately, the status (silver, gold, platinum) that one gets as 1, 2 or 4 Million Miler is not combinable with status from flying. So, if you are 1 MM and fly 25K MQMs a year, you are still silver. As 1/2/4 Million Miler you get the highest status of either MM or MQMs that year, and you cannot add the two up.
Yes, I understand this. I currently have 36,000 MQM's for this year.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Spiff
Same is true for those qualifying before 1995. Just ask any Flying Colonel about his/her "lifetime" Crown Room membership...
I have an e-mail from DL confirming that my pre-1995 MM FO status is "lifetime"... and I see your point. Like anything DL bestows, it is lifetime only as long as DL honors the promise (and, how can people with no honor, honor anything?).

So, in about 25,000 miles, I'll give up my allegedly "lifetime" FO status (which is virtually worthless these days) for annual complementary GM status. And either status could go away the following year if some DL Empty Suit decided he could protect his bonus by scuttling the program.

As a Flying Colonel, I am certainly aware of the great injustice that DL did to that group.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
NW MM status -- EQMs, not program miles?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds to me like you were never a NW MillionAir. While there are some technical differences as well as historical inconsistencies from both NW and DL regarding how MM status miles are counted, if DL recognized only 900 MQM, you probably never really hit 1MM on NW. Could it be that the 1MM and 2MM that NW failed to recognize were total program miles and not (approximately) total EQMs?
Yes, I'm pretty sure the 1 MM and 2 MM milestones I reached on NW (and on American a few years earlier) were total program miles, not EQMs. Until just now I was under the impression that NW recognition was based on total miles. Unless memory fails me -- like President Reagan, I sometimes have trouble remembering the names of canyons -- my NW statements always included the total number of miles I had accrued during my lifetime, not the lifetime EQMs. Anyway, the only miles I ever kept track of (1 MM in 2003, then 2 MM in 2009) were whatever miles NW used to put on the statement. Seems odd that they would base MM status on a different lifetime total than the one about which they notified me every month, but you obviously know a lot more about this than I ever did, so thanks for the correction.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by IndyDave
22" Tweed Mobile Traveler. My Travel Pro was shot
I took the same gift at 1MM. But after I weighed it on a scale have never used it. My husband tried it once but ended up stripping the guts out of it to find enough room to put in 3 days worth of clothes. It has a really weird design to it and unfortunately is sitting in my garage somewhere.
Now I buy all my luggage at Walmart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.