Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
I hit the mark on the way to ICN...Ironically on the way back, I saw them at the gate wrapping a gift with what supplies they had on hand just before my stateside flight. I assume this was for a new MM or xMM going the other way

The guy next to me (in Y+) was stunned that I was a "Platinum MM", he had only known "Diamond MMs"
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by aljacket
The guy next to me (in Y+) was stunned that I was a "Platinum MM", he had only known "Diamond MMs"
paging jrl767...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Is MM progress viewable in the mobile app?

Searching through the app, and I can't find a way to view my MM progress. Any suggestions, or is this only viewable through the full website?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have now officially joined the Delta "What have you done for me lately?" club!

No Porsche pick-up, no note from captain or crew
Speaking of notes. On all my recent SAT-ATL flights, the very end the lead FA comes around and gives hand-written notes to all DMs and MMs.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by socalduck
is this only viewable through the full website?
Yep
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Yep
thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by socalduck
Searching through the app, and I can't find a way to view my MM progress. Any suggestions, or is this only viewable through the full website?
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Yep
It's also viewable on the iPad app, which is a lot like the website.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I have now officially joined the Delta "What have you done for me lately?" club!

No Porsche pick-up, no note from captain or crew
Congrats!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
On my first DL flight as a MM (domestic F, full flight) the FA took my backpack from the overhead and asked me to keep it under the front seat to make space for Y passengers carryons.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:07 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by thesaints
On my first DL flight as a MM (domestic F, full flight) the FA took my backpack from the overhead and asked me to keep it under the front seat to make space for Y passengers carryons.
I Never put anything smaller than a full size roll aboard in the over head - what's the point? Yes, at 6'6" I need the leg room, but just after take off, I pull it out from in front of me legs and put it against the seat under my legs.
Why take up overhead space for a small item?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:15 pm

Mmmh.. let me see...

Maybe because in an RJ there is not that much space between seats and I paid for F precisely because I wanted more space and being able to put my belongings in the overhead instead of under my feet ?

Didn't complain, anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:48 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
In an RJ, there aren't any items much larger than a backpack that will fit in the overhead, I don't get it?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot
In an RJ, there aren't any items much larger than a backpack that will fit in the overhead, I don't get it?
On the left side. On the right one you can fit standard rollaboards. My backpack was too big to fit on the left.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I Never put anything smaller than a full size roll aboard in the over head - what's the point? Yes, at 6'6" I need the leg room, but just after take off, I pull it out from in front of me legs and put it against the seat under my legs.
Why take up overhead space for a small item?
I'm 6'5" and I always check a bag because I want to put my briefcase in the overhead. I want the space under/around my seat for my feet. Taking up small overhead space for a small item is no big deal.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Upcoming MM status

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Congratulations to all of you ^
I will make MM on a trip to Venice in three weeks. I noticed in the Delta response it said you would get new credentials in a few weeks. Does that mean something I don't have to print off on my home printer (as I had to do when I descended to the realm of Silver)?

Also for the person who was surprised anyone but a Diamond could make MM, I have never been a Diamond, though I was a Platinum for about 10 years. For me it's because I only fly internationally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.