Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hit 1MM earlier this year. The Tumi bag was nice and the occasional thanks from an agent for being 1MM is nice. Other than that I've seen no reason to celebrate. It really gets you nothing at DL.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Natalie,

Congrats on your Million Miler Status!!

I passed 1MM this past December.

My wife got a Return to Tiffany bracelet as "her" Million Miler Gift. She said that she had earned it with all of my travel.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
Natalie,

Congrats on your Million Miler Status!!

I passed 1MM this past December.

My wife got a Return to Tiffany bracelet as "her" Million Miler Gift. She said that she had earned it with all of my travel.
That is the gift I gave my wife when hit 1MM.

The 1MM doesn't mean much to 'normal' people, but it does to us. Display your 1MM luggage tags with pride.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Congrats! I'm a little less than 400K behind you.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
^ Congratulations. I am at well over 1 million on all airlines. Still 500K short on Delta.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Congrats! I am a few years out from hitting that milestone.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Congrats! I had to look up my balance. At my current pace, I'm 5 years away from that milestone.

Enjoy your gift!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Skyteam
how much is retail for the TUMI?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skchin
how much is retail for the TUMI?
There's several TUMI options. The Tegra-Lite International Carry-On retails for $595.

By the way, I noticed that on both my Endeavor flights this weekend the FA's said thanks to our "Medallion members and Million Milers". I'm guessing it's part of their script.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by FlyingNat001
As of this morning after flying the 6:47 am departure from Lax to JFK I became a brand new member of the 1 million mile club. Any thoughts on how I should celebrate? Any of you guys flying from JFK to LAX on 417 tomorrow 9/11? If so drinks on me at the JFK sky club.

Natalie
Congrats! How many years did it take you?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Congratulations! I'm working on it, only 925,147 miles to go until I hit the MM club! lol
Slightly OT, but how was your return from LAS & ?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FlyingNat001
As of this morning after flying the 6:47 am departure from Lax to JFK I became a brand new member of the 1 million mile club. Any thoughts on how I should celebrate? Any of you guys flying from JFK to LAX on 417 tomorrow 9/11? If so drinks on me at the JFK sky club.

Natalie
I will take a single malt sampler tray.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Slightly OT, but how was your return from LAS & ?
Return was fine but sadly there were no upgrades involved....las>ATl>pwm. The way out was MUCH better!! We did use the centurion lounge in las which was awesome.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I made MM a few weeks ago. I picked the black carry on Tumi bag. Sure is impressive compared to my travel pro that got me through the first million miles. Although I really have to say the travel pro has been a very good bag!

I was somewhat disappointed that nobody mentioned anything. You'd think that since DL IT can handle a welcome email and mailed card, they could handle printing a quick note on the passenger manifest that someone on board just hit their million, 2 million, etc.

Meh, at the end of the day, they're going after higher value flyers now-a-days and I'm flying Southwest more and more. As a platinum with almost zero upgrades flying mon am to thurs pm out of SLC, the prospect of a 737 on Southwest over flying a CRJ-900 in coach while paying 40-75% less keeps looking better and better. I mean I can't even get an upgrade on a SLC-DEN in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

Last edited by DLmedalliongold; Sep 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:15 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So I hit 1 MM today too, BUD-AMS-SFO-LAX
I posted on KLM's facebook and @DeltaAssist to just to mark the moment
KLM was suggestive something might happen on my outbound flight but nothing particularly did.
Would be nice for some instant gratification but alas, look forward to the email and TUMI bag....granted I have a newish TravelPro....my Atlantic one lasted from 1993 until about a year ago and dang that lasted forever despite major travels.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.