Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Does the boarding pass show anything?[/QUOTE]

Nope
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ciao114
At least to align with UA, lifetime GM for 1MM, lifetime PM with lifetime Skyclub membership for 2MM and lifetime DM for 3MM is fair enough since delta only count MQM toward MM status.
As you know UA offers lifetime premier executive for 1MM(not premier hello?), lifetime red carpet club for 2MM and lifetime 1K for 3MM.
I believe UA only counts BIS miles on UA metal.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
My flights today will give me MM. (Most of my MQM came from PMNW, but my flying has accelerated post-merger).

Does the boarding pass show anything?
Originally Posted by IndyDave

Nope
However, the flight manifest that the FAs see will show MM first then your current Medallion status. I have the impression that some FAs seem confused about this and are more impressed by MM than DM. YMMV.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
My flights today will give me MM. (Most of my MQM came from PMNW, but my flying has accelerated post-merger).

Does the boarding pass show anything?
Somewhere in my memorabilia, I have the BP for the flight that put me over 1MM.

Now that I am closing in on 2MM, I'm left wondering whether I will file away another BP, or an AMEX statement.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:29 pm

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by indufan
I am lightweight on collecting miles other than by flying. 1.4 MM MQM/BIS and only a little over 3 million miles total collected. I have never had a Delta AMEX....never saw the need.
This is more or less the MQM ratio I'd expect to see for most people.

I was absolutely psyched about MM in the merger because over the years I'd done plenty of flying with the new Delta and its antecedents... figured I'd be at least 2MM, possibly even Platinum.

But no; even with 5.2 lifetime miles (per my statements), the Delta formula figured that was worth only 500K MQMs. I've inquired about this a couple of times, Delta promises to "sort this out", and all I get back is stony silence.

Congratulations to those who have achieved the MM milestones, especially the top 4MM level.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Horizons
But no; even with 5.2 lifetime miles (per my statements), the Delta formula figured that was worth only 500K MQMs. I've inquired about this a couple of times, Delta promises to "sort this out", and all I get back is stony silence.
That would be the beauty of dual qualifying tiers (one set for MQM, one for RDM). Would be very easy to implement, would work in Delta's favor by providing incentive for people to earn *both* types of miles, and would very much work out the inequities that have arisen, such as the one you describe.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by troyintn
Keep hoping, but it will not happen maybe 1 MM FO 2 GM, 4 PM adn 6 or 8 DM
Out of fairness and comparing with competition it should be 1 MM = FO; 2 MM = GM; 3 MM = PM; 4 MM = DM.

4 MM for PM was there when PM's needed 100k MQM to qualify and had better benefits.

Not that it really counts, because I don't think I'll ever make 2 MM...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: DL/PM/2MM TK*G
Delta FO does not even have access to lounges while UA 1MM offers lounge access as a star alliance gold member so 1MM for LT FO is not competitive.
If UA 1MM for LT premier then I feel it is very competitive.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Most impressive MM recognition so far --- but I have a question

I reached a million miles on Delta in December 2010. Was not expecting much because this was the fourth such milestone I've reached and not much had happened on the other three:

-- I reached 1 MM on AA in 1997 and got lifetime Gold status (the lowest AA elite category) and a time-limited regional upgrade that I didn't get a chance to use.

-- Reached 1 MM on NW in 2003 or so but don't remember if I even got a letter.

-- I later heard that NW gives recognition only after 2 MM, but nothing happened when I reached 2 MM in late 2009, perhaps because the NW FF program was in its last few months of existence.

The good news was that after the merger Delta calculated that I had 900K+ MQMs. But I did not pay much attention, in part because of some of the FT postings from people who only got passport holders or who received nothing at all beyond annually renewable Silver.

Well, today I received my Hartmann mobile garment bag. It's even niftier than it seemed on the Million Miler selection page, and both Hartmann and Amazon sell it for $550. And the Million Miler luggage tags I got a few weeks ago are another nice touch. I have no idea whether these have any practical value, but the whole package is way better than I've gotten from any other airline.

I do have one question: has anyone who received this item tried to carry it onto a flight on Delta or any other airline? The Delta MM page describes it as a "carry-on", but according to the card that comes with it the dimensions are 22" x 16" x 8.75". (And my tape measure puts the second dimension at more like 17".) Delta's web site says the carry-on limits are 22" x 14" x 9", which would make this one at least two inches too big. I am pretty sure it would fit lengthwise in the overhead bin, since the 22" dimension is what matters for this. And it would seem awkward for Delta to enforce the 14" dimension against a bag that Delta itself has described as a carry-on. Anyway it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to check it, but would appreciate other fliers' thoughts or (especially) experiences.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Just curious. How does one figure out lifetime RDM these days?
My last NW statement shows what I accumulated there. But is there a way to figure it out on DL.com?

P.S.: Only 6k more to 1 MM.....
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Well, today I received my Hartmann mobile garment bag. It's even niftier than it seemed on the Million Miler selection page, and both Hartmann and Amazon sell it for $550.
Nice gift indeed. When I became a MillionAir with Northwest in 2007, I received a nice pen, $100 Marriott certificate, and a few other mementos including a nice shiny metal luggage tag (which unfortunately I lost ). When Delta took over my account, I received MM recognition again but could only select from $60 Tiffany vases -- although better than nothing.

I'm at 1.6 MM with Delta now so should make 2MM in 2012 or 2013. Wonder what gift options will be available then (if any?!).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by mersk862
I'm honestly shocked AA hasn't switched to BIS miles only yet.

I know one FlyerTalker that is a 1MM on American and has only taken something like 4 revenue flights (all domestic) on them. Through various means though, he racked up a ton of miles and uses them on International J/F on various OneWorld carriers.
You rang and it has been only 1 paid flight... the others on that cAArier have been burning miles (and IROPS they rebooked wrong).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by AM-PM-DM
Just curious. How does one figure out lifetime RDM these days?
Check your account history: https://www.delta.com/accounthistory...t/AccountHist?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
But where in there are lifetime RDMs?
I see:

Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance: XXX,XXX
SkyMiles Mileage Expiration: XX XXX 2013
Million Miler™ Miles: XXX,XXX

But not what I am looking for. I should be somewhere past 3M RDM.
Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by AM-PM-DM
But where in there are lifetime RDMs?
I see:

Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance: XXX,XXX
SkyMiles Mileage Expiration: XX XXX 2013
Million Miler™ Miles: XXX,XXX

But not what I am looking for. I should be somewhere past 3M RDM.
Thanks.
Sorry, I missed that you wanted RDMs not EQMs. You have to call DL to find out how many RDMs you've accumulated -- unlike NW, they don't post that info online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.