Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:34 am

I hit 1MM last month. Took me almost 10 years of flying. Like others before me, my wife deserves the gift more than I do, so I let her choose what she wanted. Hey at least I got to travel out of the deal. She was home most of the time.

Sadly, I'm not sure I am going to stick with DL much longer. I've flirted with others over the years and have always come back because the DL package was better. As a DM MMer with 170K so far this year, I think Delta has lost touch with its best customers.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Thanks for the heads up.

Based upon your post, I e-mailed Hartmann. They responded that the handle on the 22" rollaboard is 38 inches from the floor when fully extended.

That is 4.5 inches shorter than the handle on my 22" Briggs & Riley bag. At 6'3", I am skeptical that the Hartman will work for me.
SHIB,

Glad to be of service.

I'm 5'11" or there-abouts and the bag didn't work for me because of the handle issue. While my sister is happy I shoulda got the wife the pearls. Live and learn.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Today is my Million-mile flight, DTW-TPE. Earlier in the year I saw it as a possibility, maybe even early 2012, but the travel for the year increased beyond what I had expected. Though not planned for the event, I am coincidently flying on the upper deck of a 74, so it should be a trip to remember.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...Here is the official word on that...
Canarsie,

As to the "official word" from UnofficialDLHelper ()...

Several years ago, I traded a series of e-mails with DL staff and was told:

1) The program change was effective May 1, 2003.

2) Lifetime members who qualified prior to 5/1/03 will always have the lifetime status level they previously qualified for, plus any higher annual status that they might subsequently qualify for by reaching the next Million Miler level.

3) Based upon the 2003 program changes DL intended that there be a difference between annual and lifetime status.

While I have no confidence in the permanence of "always" in 2), the message I received clearly differs from UnofficialDLHelper's interpretation that "lifetime" was removed because a member wouldn't be lifetime Silver if he later qualified for a higher tier.

DL's reply included, of course, the obligatory quote "Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules...." and the implication that this trumps the promise of lifetime anything.

BTW... whatever happened to UnofficialDLHelper?

Even an unofficial presence seeking to answer questions here would be better than the official absence we are now facing.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
SHIB,

Glad to be of service.

I'm 5'11" or there-abouts and the bag didn't work for me because of the handle issue. While my sister is happy I shoulda got the wife the pearls. Live and learn.
I'm 5'10" and have had no issues with either of my Hartmann bags. They have worn well. The handle is plenty high for me (guess I have shorter legs!)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Congratulations to all who have achieved Million Miler status!
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Thanks for the heads up.

Based upon your post, I e-mailed Hartmann. They responded that the handle on the 22" rollaboard is 38 inches from the floor when fully extended.

That is 4.5 inches shorter than the handle on my 22" Briggs & Riley bag. At 6'3", I am skeptical that the Hartman will work for me.
SHIB,

Glad to be of service.
This is one of those times where I am glad that StayingHomeIsBetter is not known as StayingHomeIsTerrific.

Just sayin’...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Congratulations to all who have achieved Million Miler status!This is one of those times where I am glad that StayingHomeIsBetter is not known as StayingHomeIsTerrific.

Just sayin’...
I just got that. Took over an hour, but I just got it.

Since I've been a member of this here forum, instead of thinking of anybody by their handle, I've come to abbreviate just about every major poster's name. It's less work for my mind if I think of Avidflyer as Avid or Staying Home Is Better as SHIB. Now, I may have to re-think doing that.

You got some sense of humor Canarsie.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Congratulations to all who have achieved Million Miler status!This is one of those times where I am glad that StayingHomeIsBetter is not known as StayingHomeIsTerrific.

Just sayin’...
I just got that. Took over an hour, but I just got it.

Since I've been a member of this here forum, instead of thinking of anybody by their handle, I've come to abbreviate just about every major poster's name. It's less work for my mind if I think of Avidflyer as Avid or Staying Home Is Better as SHIB. Now, I may have to re-think doing that.

You got some sense of humor Canarsie.
Canarsie,

Duly noted and previously considered (thought I had posted on this, but could not find).

Oh well, I can take solace on the fact that the "B" and the "T" are not near to each other on the keyboard, so the unintentional substitution of letters is less likely.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I wish I could post a pic (I have an edited screenshot of my Account History), because as of now my SM Account has 999,956 miles. CI flight from TPE to KUL has not yet posted. I know that MMs are a dime a dozen, but this is kind of cool and I really don't see 4 more years of this kind of travel to get the 2MM. I think having the MM on any Medallion tag is better than getting DM, though I have become very spoiled with the UGs.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I wish I could post a pic (I have an edited screenshot of my Account History), because as of now my SM Account has 999,956 miles. CI flight from TPE to KUL has not yet posted. I know that MMs are a dime a dozen, but this is kind of cool and I really don't see 4 more years of this kind of travel to get the 2MM. I think having the MM on any Medallion tag is better than getting DM, though I have become very spoiled with the UGs.
For you personally maybe, but it doesn't mean much in the real DL world.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DaChief
For you personally maybe, but it doesn't mean much in the real DL world.
This is truly unfortunate in comparison to some airlines where being a 1MM is a mark of distinction that entitles the person to some perks not available to everyone (beyond a Hartmann bag)!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by jsmith50
This is truly unfortunate in comparison to some airlines where being a 1MM is a mark of distinction that entitles the person to some perks not available to everyone (beyond a Hartmann bag)!
...and you don't think having complimentary annual FO status is a mark of distinction?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DL-Don
...and you don't think having complimentary annual FO status is a mark of distinction?
I think complimentary annual FO status is a slap in the face! "Thank you for spending nearly a million dollars with our airline in the past 20 years, you now have the oustanding privilage to board at precisely the same time as those who filled out an application for an AmEx. Oh, you get a free bag checked too!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jsmith50
I think complimentary annual FO status is a slap in the face! "Thank you for spending nearly a million dollars with our airline in the past 20 years, you now have the oustanding privilage to board at precisely the same time as those who filled out an application for an AmEx. Oh, you get a free bag checked too!
What in the world kind of tickets are you buying that cost you $1 a mile!?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by runfit
What in the world kind of tickets are you buying that cost you $1 a mile!?
Well, first off, I'm at almost 2 million miles under the current program. Second, it was a gross (over)estimate of dollars spent. Finally, I flew DL a lot before I recognized the value of being a being a SM member, so there were a lot of flights in the old days when I flew and got no credit for it...but no, my miles haven't cost nearly $1/mile!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.