Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Thanks again to all for your caring and sympathy. I took some time off from being online to spend time with my immediate family and extended family. The funeral on Friday was a good experience (unless you don't want to count the part where I spoke), and we went to Wyoming on Saturday for the burial. Kipper would love the location in Auburn Cemetery in beautiful Star Valley. The farm land immediately South with the pivot irrigation (the big green circle) and the land West of it to the mountains is owned by my in-laws. We've spent a lot of time there, and we've decided that my wife and I will join my daughter there when our time comes.

GRALISTAIR, sorry to hear about your job loss. I hope you land on your feet again soon. My experience has been that every time I've lost a job I've ended up in a better situation because of it. I hope it works out this way for you. My current plan is to retire at about age 62. Less than 10 years to go...
Old May 2, 2018, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
Thanks again to all for your caring and sympathy. I took some time off from being online to spend time with my immediate family and extended family. The funeral on Friday was a good experience (unless you don't want to count the part where I spoke), and we went to Wyoming on Saturday for the burial. Kipper would love the location in Auburn Cemetery in beautiful Star Valley. The farm land immediately South with the pivot irrigation (the big green circle) and the land West of it to the mountains is owned by my in-laws. We've spent a lot of time there, and we've decided that my wife and I will join my daughter there when our time comes.

GRALISTAIR, sorry to hear about your job loss. I hope you land on your feet again soon. My experience has been that every time I've lost a job I've ended up in a better situation because of it. I hope it works out this way for you. My current plan is to retire at about age 62. Less than 10 years to go...
How's your wife coping?
Old May 3, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by kipper
How's your wife coping?
She's doing well. We all take comfort knowing that where our daughter is now is better than here.

On a happier note:

And it's my Friday for this week.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's Friday Eve.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's Friday Eve.
But I'm on a 9/80 schedule so every other Friday is Saturday-ish for me.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:02 am

MAEN!

What happened to the weekenders in The Lounge™? Slackers!
Old May 7, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I booked the 1015 SEA-LAX flight for tomorrow so I could get up at a reasonable hour, take care of the dog, get to the airport via public transportation (not "public transpiration"), and be on time for a 1430 meeting in El Segundo ... during today's 0800 dry run someone very offhandedly mentioned the 1030 meeting tomorrow ...uh, why didn't that get communicated last week? now I have to roll out of bed at 0355 and try not to disturb the dog as I sneak out to my car at 0430 to catch the 0610 flight
(also lost my at-the-window UG; it's T-18 hrs and I'm currently 3 of 7 for 2 F seats, so that's only going to get worse ... I have a C+ window, which is perfectly fine for this flight, and an airline breakfast isn't anything to write home about anyway)
Old May 7, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM
MAEN!

What happened to the weekenders in The Lounge™? Slackers!
Unfortunately (fortunately??) the weather was too nice here over the weekend to not spend it doing yard work.

Fortunately, though, the riding mower makes it so I don't need to sacrifice drinking time.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Unfortunately (fortunately??) the weather was too nice here over the weekend to not spend it doing yard work.

Fortunately, though, the riding mower makes it so I don't need to sacrifice drinking time.
Agreed. My yard is 0.8 acre. With the riding mower it only takes 2 hours to mow.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:19 pm

Agreed. My yard is 0.8 acre. With the riding mower it only takes 2 hours to mow. Of course my wife had to plant obstacles everywhere.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I hope you don't drink while mowing or mow while drinking.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hope you don't drink while mowing or mow while drinking.
Why drink when you have all that grass?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Why drink when you have all that grass?
What? Weed like to know what you're toking about.
Cholula likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
What? Weed like to know what you're toking about.
"We"? Was this a joint decision?
Old May 8, 2018, 10:32 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.