Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:53 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
The only GOOD seats are the ones behind the cockpit door.
Spoken like a true Cholula.

I would personally recommend keeping opinions like that to yourself — lest you be subjected to the prompting of yet another Dovsterian request for a handout of a portion of your hoard of billions of SkyMiles...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by synergistic
We normally get a row to ourselves on WN, so it's hard to complain too much. Solo, I'm not a fan for the price, but half price tickets and frequent empty middles puts us on them more often than anyone else. We've even taken to flying Spirit (gasp!) thanks to those big front seats. We're trashy enough that we don't mind the cattle. I mean kettles.
I'm sure Spirit makes for good people watching. I booked my dad on MSY-BWI for next month (he doesn't care about anything but price), and told him to buckle up.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
We normally get a row to ourselves on WN

I have never been on a WN flight that wasn't packed to the rafters. And I've flown them a lot. Never seen an empty seat let alone have a row to myself. But we fly out of Southern CA with several million other folks.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:29 pm

I have never been on a WN flight that wasn't packed to the rafters. And I've flown them a lot. Never seen an empty seat let alone have a row to myself. But we fly out of Southern CA with several million other folks.
Ah, yeah, seems like they've done an amazing job keeping their west coast flights fully booked. Not looking to get any better now, given the AS announcements...

When we travel together, though, it's usually <30 days out on a cheap getaway fare, and those tend to have a good number of empty seats. My other half is awfully good at looking big and cranky, and somehow we often end up with just the pair of us in a row. Even if we didn't, being able to cancel freely and having a 100% success rate at sitting together (at half price!) is worth something to us.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The only GOOD seats are the ones behind the cockpit door.
I think the seats in front of the cockpit door are pretty cool too, even if they're not flat beds.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy Friday.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:45 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Happy Friday.
But it isn't Friday.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by kipper
But it isn't Friday.
I'm taking the rest of the week off to be with family and for our daughter's funeral.

I didn't post anything in this thread, but FYI for the people who haven't heard about my daughter: Link
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:05 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm taking the rest of the week off to be with family and for our daughter's funeral.

I didn't post anything in this thread, but FYI for the people who haven't heard about my daughter: Link
That's not a good Friday though.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:58 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I am just sitting here, stunned.

Please accept my condolences for your loss. I cannot imagine how painful it must be for you.

If there is anything I can do — or if you just need someone to simply listen — please let me know...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG Sky team
Made it ! Hi remember me

on the other site
ss deltagoldlassm One and the same but now im
DFMM

hope you are well
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: IHG Sky team
Hi remember me ?

on the other site. My name is
deltagoldlass
tho
i am now MMDD DM
hope you are well
plz say hi
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:35 pm

I am so sorry to hear that, Howste. Wishing you and your family strength in the coming days.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am just sitting here, stunned.

Please accept my condolences for your loss. I cannot imagine how painful it must be for you.

If there is anything I can do — or if you just need someone to simply listen — please let me know...
I am so sorry to hear that, Howste. Wishing you and your family strength in the coming days.
Thank you both. We have a fantastic support system of family, friends, and church friends who are doing more than we could imagine for us. Megan's obituary is up now - we're still trying to pick the picture to post.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
again, my deepest sympathies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.