Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
I spotted who I could only imagine is a fellow DL FTer in SAT this morning around 11:30a. I had just deplaned from 2132 ATL-SAT and spotted a genuine Unobtanium Medallion brag tag hangin from the laptop bag. My apologies for not saying hello, the mens bathroom is a strange place to strike up a conversation.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Earlier today I came uncomfortably close to being in a head on collision. I was stopped at a red light in the extreme left lane (for my direction) as I was going to make a left turn at the next light, in about a half block, on a busy street with about five lanes in each direction (including turn lanes) and narrow concrete islands to separate the directions.

The light at the next intersection ahead of me turned and a car that had been stopped at the top of the exit ramp from an expressway proceeded to make a left hand turn into the far left lane (which would normally be used by vehicles traveling in the opposite direction and planning to turn right). It was way too early in the day for the driver to be drunk and there was no rain, fog, or snow to reduce visibility, so I can't imagine the degree of distracted driving that could cause someone to end up going where this car was.

Except for short city side blocks where two way streets become one way, this is the first time I've ever seen a car going the wrong direction in traffic like this, although I know it supposedly happens sometimes when someone gets confused around expressway entrances.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm more concerned about the Ithacation on Thurs evening as I have to traverse NY79 from Whitney Point ... that hill down into Richford is sporty
interesting day at IAD ... strong winds from the northwest meant lots of arrivals on Runway 30 ... looking out the windshield of the car to see an A340-600 crabbing on final was quite a sight

left Chantilly at 1445; when I got to Harrisburg I headed straight up 15 toward Elmira rather than dealing with I-81

this was on NY 13 between Elmira and Ithaca

Originally Posted by kipper
Perfect! I'll work my usual hours and will ask Mr Kipper to meet me at Federal Taphouse around 1745. It'll be my first trial at walking more than a block or two on my own since my knee injury.
take your time ... given the meeting agenda update today, I will probably be half an hour later

Last edited by jrl767; Apr 19, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's Friday and there's no one in the lounge?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm enjoying the afternoon -- lunch, an appointment, then headed up to Tahoe for the weekend

Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Some of us hafto werk.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
What type of yoga do I want?
I would recommend the flavored ones — either with fruit on the bottom or the flavor already mixed in. The frozen type can taste like ice cream.

I personally would avoid plain yoga.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:29 pm

What kind of yogi? A teddy bear, not the real one, but if you must, a brown/black bear rather than a grizzly or polar bear. OTOH, I know kipper has guns and probably is a hunter, so maybe a grizzly or polar bear would look better in front of the fireplace.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:02 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767

interesting day at IAD ... strong winds from the northwest meant lots of arrivals on Runway 30 ... looking out the windshield of the car to see an A340-600 crabbing on final was quite a sight

left Chantilly at 1445; when I got to Harrisburg I headed straight up 15 toward Elmira rather than dealing with I-81

this was on NY 13 between Elmira and Ithaca

take your time ... given the meeting agenda update today, I will probably be half an hour later
Hope you made it back to the hotel safely! I had an interesting day, and my knee was bothering me by the time we met, so drinking was a good idea.
I was still working.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I would recommend the flavored ones — either with fruit on the bottom or the flavor already mixed in. The frozen type can taste like ice cream.

I personally would avoid plain yoga.
Sigh... But my gift certificate is for Just Plain Yoga!
What kind of yogi? A teddy bear, not the real one, but if you must, a brown/black bear rather than a grizzly or polar bear. OTOH, I know kipper has guns and probably is a hunter, so maybe a grizzly or polar bear would look better in front of the fireplace.
Groan! I'm sure Empress Cobaka would love a bearskin rug!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:57 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning everyone!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Morning! Flying CVG-DCA tonight.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:26 am

Heading to SLC on WN this week. Cross your fingers for me that our flights aren't canceled. Bet we get good seats just behind the engines...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by synergistic
Bet we get good seats just behind the engines...
The only GOOD seats are the ones behind the cockpit door.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cholula
The only GOOD seats are the ones behind the cockpit door.
If it's WN, the only good seats are the ones next to the ticket counter of another airline.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:15 am

We normally get a row to ourselves on WN, so it's hard to complain too much. Solo, I'm not a fan for the price, but half price tickets and frequent empty middles puts us on them more often than anyone else. We've even taken to flying Spirit (gasp!) thanks to those big front seats. We're trashy enough that we don't mind the cattle. I mean kettles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.