Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
How does Kansas City Boulevard Brewing company 80 Acre sound - 'cos that is what I is drinking - even my grammar is now shot to heck.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
How does Kansas City Boulevard Brewing company 80 Acre sound - 'cos that is what I is drinking - even my grammar is now shot to heck.
Keep going. It hasn't affected your spelling yet.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
are any of the Lounge denizens going to be transiting ATL around sunrise tomorrow (Sat 22 Mar)? unless I can swift-talk (or VDB) my way onto the JFK flight tonight, I will be there approx 0615-0900 ...
swift-talking accomplished !!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It sounds like an interesting beer.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by kipper
It sounds like an interesting beer.
They also have a 32 Hectare beer. Same price.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey PSP is a cool airport and a lovely city too. Just there now and a balmy 77 F.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Currently mid-70s at VPS. And I'm up to GRR for a funeral tomorrow (sad but not unexpected- Uncle Phil had decided another round of chemo wasn't worth a chance at a few more months) where the high is going to be something like 28F. Told Mom I needed to borrow a coat because I just don't have a dress one anymore to handle that kind of weather.

Can you use a Starbucks card to pay for their coffee at ATL? Got one as a gift a few weeks back, and figured I might as well use it when I could stand a warm drink, but there was something in the fine print about it not being useable in some airport locations.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:42 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Good Morning All!

Tomorrow is gonna be a sh&t-show in my 'hood!

Just a few blocks from my home, hope to catch a glimpse of the heli.

Obama will arrive March 24 around 0825 / 0835LT in the morning at Schiphol. Immediately after arrival he will board his VH60 Whitehawk helicopter. This will land at the Museumplein at Amsterdam. Likely the heli is guarded by the 6 Blackhawk helicopters.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:44 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Currently mid-70s at VPS. And I'm up to GRR for a funeral tomorrow (sad but not unexpected- Uncle Phil had decided another round of chemo wasn't worth a chance at a few more months) where the high is going to be something like 28F. Told Mom I needed to borrow a coat because I just don't have a dress one anymore to handle that kind of weather.

Can you use a Starbucks card to pay for their coffee at ATL? Got one as a gift a few weeks back, and figured I might as well use it when I could stand a warm drink, but there was something in the fine print about it not being useable in some airport locations.
Sorry for your loss. Pretty certain you are cool with the Starbucks card in ATL. What I can tell you (for sure), is that you can't use them at Schiphol or any location in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm finally feeling better. Mr. Kipper and I were at the bar where we met, and I drank more than he did.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I'm finally feeling better. Mr. Kipper and I were at the bar where we met, and I drank more than he did.
Way to go!!!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Letting the fates decide on a trip to BGO in Sept. The CC I'd use is tied up until tomorrow, so I have to wait until then. I say if it's still available, I go, despite it being a bit over 6cpm, though I generally take MRcations as opposed to pure MRs. That and I'd really like to go to Norway for a few days.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Yes, I believe ATL is fine. The only place mine has ever been rejected was a Starbucks inside a Marriott.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Good Morning All!

Tomorrow is gonna be a sh&t-show in my 'hood!

Just a few blocks from my home, hope to catch a glimpse of the heli.
Boy, am I glad my vacation trip is coming home through ATH and BRU instead of AMS this time ... as I'm flying home tomorrow.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by tkey75
Letting the fates decide on a trip to BGO in Sept. The CC I'd use is tied up until tomorrow, so I have to wait until then. I say if it's still available, I go, despite it being a bit over 6cpm, though I generally take MRcations as opposed to pure MRs. That and I'd really like to go to Norway for a few days.
Is this the deal on TFD? I'm thinking about it for some skiing between Christmas and New Year's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.