Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm going to scream!
Lily Allen complained in a song about not screaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYaosyR4bE
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Completed my second round of cheAAting on the widget last week. Had some issues on the return, as my LAX-DFW flight took a 45 minute delay and my connection at DFW was only 50 minutes. Obviously, not good. The AA phone and Admiral's Club agents are not as good as the Delta agents, or at least the AA agents for Platinum members. Eventually I got waitlisted for the earlier flight, and it turned out that I was confirmed.

The gate agent was kind of peeved that nobody had talked to me about my checked bag, but I told her it didn't matter, I was going home and it could get home whenever they could get it there. So I settled into my nice middle seat LAX-DFW. I guess I've had it really good with Delta, I literally cannot remember the last time I sat in a middle seat. Even on my rare uses of SDC, I got an aisle or window. At least it was a main cabin extra bulkhead seat, so that helped a bit.

Meantime, I am 3/3 on requested sticker upgrades on AA, and 1/1 on unrequested sticker upgrades. I got handed a new boarding pass for DFW-HSV when boarding and it was upfront. Turns out, they had pulled two stickers even though I had not requested the upgrade. After some resistance, they relented and refunded the two stickers.

I will say the front cabin in the AA A319s is very nice. The seatback IFE monitors are large and they (wait for it) tilt out.

So fortunately I made it home as scheduled vs. spending a night in DFW which would have put me home 12 hours late. Delta comp for that was usually a $200 voucher and comped hotel room, fortunately I didn't have to find out what AA would have done. (It was a maintenance issue, so the hotel room would have been comped.)

Meanwhile, the eAAgle has dropped its SBA-LAX flights in favor of US's SBA-PHX flights. But they didn't add any new SBA-PHX flights, so those are full of rebooked pax and I can't get a return out of SBA in two weeks on my next trip.

I may end up paying a bit extra out of pocket for the ticket and fly DL in/out of LAX instead if I can apply my fish wrappers (SWUs) for those flights.

And I will spend this weekend upgrading two Microsoft Winders computers to Winders 7. Obviously I'm really looking forward to that.

David
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
Hopefully the antibiotics I'm on will finish it off.

That sounds painful.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Completed my second round of cheAAting on the widget last week.
There is no such thing as "cheAAting on the widget". They screw you; you screw them. It's Simply Good Business, which is Duhltese for "you've been had."

Has anyone seen Kipper lately, or did they take her back to the home planet to be modded?

FREE KIPPER!

Originally Posted by kipper
Yikes!

LOL, it must be nice to wake up at 5 PM.
The Cholula version: Lol, it would be nice just to be awake.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 1, 2014 at 1:09 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The Cholula version: Lol, it would be nice just to be awake.
It's nice just being North of the grass!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
It's nice just being North of the grass!
As one who was almost south of the grass not too long ago, I can appreciate that!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
It's 5:00 somewhere...

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
There is no such thing as "cheAAting on the widget". They screw you; you screw them. It's Simply Good Business, which is Duhltese for "you've been had."

Has anyone seen Kipper lately, or did they take her back to the home planet to be modded?

FREE KIPPER!
LOL, I'm still here!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am being boring and drinking Gin and Tonic
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
That sounds painful.
I meant I hope the antibiotics finish off the infection, not finish off the arm...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Want a reason to fly DL to JNU?

Ever wanted a reason to fly DL to Juneau? (Or AS to JNU, SIT, GST, etc)

Well its here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...natl-park.html

Mark off July 23-28, 2014 for another epic adventure.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Howste
I meant I hope the antibiotics finish off the infection, not finish off the arm...
Yeah I suspected that.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:16 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Cholula, did you feel the earthquake last night? If so, hope all is well.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k
It was VERY strong here but other than a few items knocked off the shelves and a picture off the wall, no damage.

Thanks for your concern.

PS: We have relatives staying with us from the East Coast this week. The quake made their day. Not.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by obscure2k
It was VERY strong here but other than a few items knocked off the shelves and a picture off the wall, no damage.

Thanks for your concern.

PS: We have relatives staying with us from the East Coast this week. The quake made their day. Not.
Scheduled to coincide with the posting of the Alaska Do? Perhaps its a sign

*off one day from the Good Friday 50th anniversary of March 27, 1964.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Thanks for your concern.

LOL, how did your relatives react?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.