Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
I just took a VDB. Now I get to hang out in the SLC SC for 5 hours or so.
Nice.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
The wireless has been abysmal here today. During the busy time it was almost unusable. Now is better, but still not great. Here's a study I conducted in my time here:

Delta SkyClub wireless:

Tethered to my cell phone:

Connected to both:

Anecdotal evidence suggests that I'm getting more speed while connected to both. Is this real, or just normal variation and it's using my cellular connection only? Is the speed affected by the Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice soup?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The wireless has been abysmal here today. During the busy time it was almost unusable. Now is better, but still not great. Here's a study I conducted in my time here:

Delta SkyClub wireless:

Tethered to my cell phone:

Connected to both:

Anecdotal evidence suggests that I'm getting more speed while connected to both. Is this real, or just normal variation and it's using my cellular connection only? Is the speed affected by the Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice soup?
You poor thing...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
You poor thing...
Quite! ^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
(From the seat-swapping thread) I can't help but think that DrDiarrhea and Paplover would have a lot to talk about if they found themselves sitting next to each other.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Quite! ^
With a $600 voucher, I was paid roughly $100 an hour to sit in the SkyClub...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
With a $600 voucher, I was paid roughly $100 an hour to sit in the SkyClub...
I'd be happy to take some of that off your hands

But for now I'll be alright. Today I accepted a position with a major US low-cost carrier as an Inflight Crew Trainee!!! And to top it off, rather than waiting two months for a class date, they had an opening in next month's class. I'll be in Orlando in two weeks from today!

-J.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Please share your secrets on getting VDBs. It never happens in DTW.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Congrats!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

But for now I'll be alright. Today I accepted a position with a major US low-cost carrier as an Inflight Crew Trainee!!! And to top it off, rather than waiting two months for a class date, they had an opening in next month's class. I'll be in Orlando in two weeks from today!

-J.
excellent, congrats! ^

although in traditional airline-speak I tend to think "major" and "low-cost" are somewhat contradictory
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: DL GM/MM

-J.
Good going! (sounds like AirTran/SouthWest...)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

-J.
Congrats! I think Feb will be a great time to leave NYC for training in Orlando at Name-of-Airline University.

It's snowing again in OH. The snow is fairly light, but people here are terrible at driving in any amount of precipitation. My 5.5 mile commute took 25 minutes.

I had an interesting delay in DTW on Friday night. The windshield heater on the CRJ-900 was malfunctioning. Maintenance tried switching out the controller, but that didn't work which meant they were going to have to replace the windshield overnight. Delta found us another aircraft that I assume was supposed to stay at DTW overnight, and we pushed back only 35 minutes behind schedule and got to the gate in SAT about 15 minutes late. ^ I'm just glad it happened at a hub. That could have led to a significant delay at an outstation.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton

-J.
Congrats! Enjoy the weather in Orlando.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Congrats!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by jrl767
excellent, congrats! ^

although in traditional airline-speak I tend to think "major" and "low-cost" are somewhat contradictory
Thanks! Maybe you mean "legacy" vs. "low-cost" -- there are certainly major and minor LCCs (Southwest, Spirit, etc. vs. Allegiant or Sun Country).

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Good going! (sounds like AirTran/SouthWest...)
Thank you. I will not be going to Southwest

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Congrats! I think Feb will be a great time to leave NYC for training in Orlando at Name-of-Airline University.

It's snowing again in OH. The snow is fairly light, but people here are terrible at driving in any amount of precipitation. My 5.5 mile commute took 25 minutes.
Thanks! You are on the right track I am looking forward to the snow this weekend, I want to build a snowman!

Originally Posted by N639DL
Congrats! Enjoy the weather in Orlando.
Thank you! I am very excited.

-J.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:36 pm

-J.
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by skchin
Please share your secrets on getting VDBs. It never happens in DTW.
1) Book flights on busy travel days.
2) Have flexible plans (this is usually the hard part for me).
3) Talk to the gate agent before they're busy & well before the flight.
4) Repeat as often as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.