Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
We are supposed to see snow flurries tomorrow in Pennsylvania.
I thought you only saw pencils in Pennsylvania.

Either that, or Dracula...
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't forget the Sylvan "learning systems."
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:53 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I thought you only saw pencils in Pennsylvania.

Either that, or Dracula...
Sigh
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget the Sylvan "learning systems."
LOL
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. It's snowing outside and I'm sitting in my apartment sick.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. It's snowing outside and I'm sitting in my apartment sick.
For the first time in about 5 years at least, my wife and I went to the local Olive Garden to eat last night, and it was not too bad at all.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
For the first time in about 5 years at least, my wife and I went to the local Olive Garden to eat last night, and it was not too bad at all.
...Olive Garden? The palace of frozen food? The proof that Americans have no palate? The shame of Italians everywhere?

I'm forced to go there once every five years or so. I went last year so I'm in the clear until the next decade.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
...Olive Garden? The palace of frozen food? The proof that Americans have no palate? The shame of Italians everywhere?

I'm forced to go there once every five years or so. I went last year so I'm in the clear until the next decade.
I with WWads on this.

As it happens I too have eaten at an Olive Garden in the past year but it was because someone gave me a gift card and given the associated chains and what's near me it was either that or Red Lobster.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Embarrassingly, I really like their Zuppa Toscana and their breadsticks. I've done a pretty good job mocking up the soup but have never managed to make the breadsticks to my satisfaction.

Relatedly, I really enjoy the Caesar dressing at Red Lobster, as well as their biscuits. Either establishment is fine by me for an airport stop if I don't have a lounge I can access.

Clearly I'm not classy people =p
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:49 pm

I was especially offended when I asked for some olive oil, and they weren't able to give me any. Like, it's OLIVE Garden.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Heading to Seattle this week for my wife to present at a conference. Are there any aviation-related (or other) must-dos? I've never been. I have Museum of Flight and a Mariners game on my list. Also, jrl767, I'll message you about meeting for dinner or a drink.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I've yet to do the Everett factory tour, but that's on my list for next time...
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to the Museum of Flight, you can book a tour of the Boeing assembly "line," although don't expect anything technical on their tours for tourists. You need to reserve in advance and it's useful to have a rental car (also for the museum of flight).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Heading to Seattle this week for my wife to present at a conference. Are there any aviation-related (or other) must-dos? I've never been. I have Museum of Flight and a Mariners game on my list. Also, jrl767, I'll message you about meeting for dinner or a drink.
M’s are away thru Wed, traveling Thurs ... MOF is definitely worthwhile; a lot of other options depend on where in the metro area you’re staying and whether you’ll have a car

I’m in 10F on the 1900 to LAX tonight, currently 5 of 14 for zero seats ... back via VX Wed evening
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:33 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Hope you feel better soon.
I was especially offended when I asked for some olive oil, and they weren't able to give me any. Like, it's OLIVE Garden.
LOL
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m in 10F on the 1900 to LAX tonight, currently 5 of 14 for zero seats ... back via VX Wed evening ...
added my name to the $400 VDB list at the kiosk at T-75, asked the GA about flight options since this is DL’s last departure to LAX ... when he said 0600 and a hotel for the night, I said if he was willing to process it now I’d take $200 and a seat on the SNA flight (also leaving at 1900)

he got all flustered, and basically said he hadn’t even looked at the load to see if VDB was even a possibility, and in any case he wouldn’t be able to do anything until ~T-15

I wandered down to the redcoat at the “Need Help” desk and repeated my offer ... he said the $200 would have to be an e-credit voucher rather than a gift card (which is fine with me), but processed it in less than 5 min ... upgrade cleared as I was walking from A2 to B7A

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.