Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, they are all yours!
Unless, of course, he shares with Dovster.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Unless, of course, he shares with Dovster.
Picky, picky, picky!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:25 pm

Long shot, but does anyone know if you have to fully complete Delta's online application to be considered for an open position? I submitted my resume, and it says my file is "Under Review". But there's also a generic online application that requires me to list references, current supervisor's name, etc. I'd rather not fill all this info out right now, especially because my current employer doesn't know I'm out looking for a job. :X

I'm also skeptical I should fill this out since it asks for my past 10 years of job experience, when I just graduated last year. Does anyone know of better channels to submit resumes for open positions?

This is for a corporate job, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by SansSerif; Mar 12, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SansSerif
Long shot, but does anyone know if you have to fully complete Delta's online application to be considered for an open position? I submitted my resume, and it says my file is "Under Review". But there's also a generic online application that requires me to list references, current supervisor's name, etc. I'd rather not fill all this info out right now, especially because my current employer doesn't know I'm out looking for a job. :X

I'm also skeptical I should fill this out since it asks for my past 10 years of job experience, when I just graduated last year. Does anyone know of better channels to submit resumes for open positions?

This is for a corporate job, if that makes any difference.
I think you can save it as a draft and finish later -- as long as you apply for the position and enter the application before the close date you should be alright. For the 10 years I gave 10 years of jobs and school, even high school. It won't let you go forward unless all time is accounted for.

I hope we aren't competing...

-J.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:46 pm

Thanks J. When you say "enter the application," do you mean upload my resume? Or upload my resume, fill out a couple fields in the online app and save? I wonder if this is just an initial screening process, especially since it didn't ask for other materials like a cover letter, etc.

And no worries, I applied on a whim and would only be somewhat disappointed if I didn't get considered. Hope your job search ends well
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thanks J. When you say "enter the application," do you mean upload my resume? Or upload my resume, fill out a couple fields in the online app and save? I wonder if this is just an initial screening process, especially since it didn't ask for other materials like a cover letter, etc.

And no worries, I applied on a whim and would only be somewhat disappointed if I didn't get considered. Hope your job search ends well
You know how there's the first application thing and then the really long generic one? That first one is what I meant. If you're already in the long one, you should be good.

And thanks... question to everyone: I don't have my bachelor's yet (will have it end of May) and got turned down for one thing because of that (automated rejection too!) Should I just say I have a bachelor's, and then they will see what I mean when they look at my profile? Otherwise it's kind of tough to apply lol.

-J.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:55 pm

And thanks... question to everyone: I don't have my bachelor's yet (will have it end of May) and got turned down for one thing because of that (automated rejection too!)
How is the system detecting your recent education? and then auto-rejecting you for it?

I can't exactly envision your situation, but say what you need to say (that you have a BA/S) to over-ride the auto-reject and then clarify with a simple (Expected in May 2014) somewhere else in your application or resume.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How is the system detecting your recent education? and then auto-rejecting you for it?

I can't exactly envision your situation, but say what you need to say (that you have a BA/S) to over-ride the auto-reject and then clarify with a simple (Expected in May 2014) somewhere else in your application or resume.
The first application (that I alluded to before) questions each of the minimum qualifications... one of them was "Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?" or something along those lines. It looks at that first I guess, and if it rejects then it doesn't look at the detailed history.

That's what I was wondering if I should do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with that idea

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
The first application (that I alluded to before) questions each of the minimum qualifications... one of them was "Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?" or something along those lines. It looks at that first I guess, and if it rejects then it doesn't look at the detailed history.

That's what I was wondering if I should do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with that idea

-J.
Oh you mean along the other prescreen questions like legal employment eligibility, etc.? Either my position didn't have that question or I just mindlessly answered yes.

If you don't mind sharing, which position did you apply for? I submitted resumes for the Latin America positions.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We received the check from the insurance company for the mailbox.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
How did you get the check if the mailbox was destroyed?

That said, now that you have it, are you having a mailbox reconstruction party to share the new found wealth?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Anyone going to the Freddies in Seattle?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
There is not much sweeter than a check in the mail. ^
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody interested in going in on this with me?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/for/4370884298.html

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackplum
That said, now that you have it, are you having a mailbox reconstruction party to share the new found wealth?
Delay it until the end of next month so I can come!

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
There is not much sweeter than a check in the mail. ^
I hate checks in the mail. In order to deal with them, I have to be home to collect my mail. If you want to pay me, I take PayPal, Amazon Payments, ACH transfers, and anything else I can do from my keyboard.

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Anybody interested in going in on this with me?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/for/4370884298.html

-J.
Too soon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.