Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Dovster
Only if they are shipped out by rail. (I have a monopoly on the Reading Railroad.)
Sorry, Dovster, but I just secured the deed to the Reading RR on my Monopoly Millonaire app on DL 1553 right now. Unless you're above 30,309 feet, I win...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
Happy belated birthday, Kipper!

(Let's see if we can keep this going all year.)
Wouldn't that have to Go to OMNI?

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jun 10, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Wouldn't that have to o to OMNI?
I don't even know what the "o" in OMNI is for (other than it would be difficult to pronounce "MNI").
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Originally Posted by jrl767
it generally depends on what is in the glass
Alcohol? ...
kipper already knows the answer to her question, but I will repeat it for the benefit of the other Loungers ... "Don't call me, alcohol you!"
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
kipper already knows the answer to her question, but I will repeat it for the benefit of the other Loungers ... "Don't call me, alcohol you!"
I still love that.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:11 pm

In other news, Mr. Kipper and I found two houses which we think we'd love. One of the houses has an amazing kitchen that I think I would adore.

The bad news is that both houses would require us to drive through downtown Gettysburg to travel to/from work. While not horrible during the winter months, it would be horrendous during the summer, so we're not even considering them.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

The bad news is that both houses would require us to drive through downtown Gettysburg to travel to/from work.
Purchase one of those houses and then ask your bosses for battlefield promotions.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
The bad news is that both houses would require us to drive through downtown Gettysburg to travel to/from work. While not horrible during the winter months, it would be horrendous during the summer, so we're not even considering them.
I was born in York, did most of my growing up in Hanover and my grandma lives in Gettysburg. Family spread all across Southern PA.

I think we would be good friends, kipper! jackal too, since he seems to spend time in your parts.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I was born in York, did most of my growing up in Hanover and my grandma lives in Gettysburg. Family spread all across Southern PA.

I think we would be good friends, kipper! jackal too, since he seems to spend time in your parts.
The most I think I could be accused of is receiving mail in Lancaster County...

I do wonder why I didn't just continue receiving mail in ANC. Taxes are lower (read: zero) there.

Btw, I visited Gettysburg NMP for the first time since 2001 last week. Extraordinarily impressive what they've done there in the visitor's center/museum. I also took a quick visit to Eisenhower's house. I like the little town of Gettysburg, except I can imagine it would get old dealing with all the tourists...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:23 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Good Morning from lovely Southern New Hampshire.

Back to AMS tonight, these 3 day trips are exhausting.

DL230 A330-200, seat 7J bulkhead "mini-cabin" BusinessElite (again).

Buying cars, registering cars, servicing cars. That was pretty much my day yesterday and (part of) today.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Good Morning from lovely Southern New Hampshire.

Back to AMS tonight, these 3 day trips are exhausting.

DL230 A330-200, seat 7J bulkhead "mini-cabin" BusinessElite (again).

Buying cars, registering cars, servicing cars. That was pretty much my day yesterday and (part of) today.
When you are here only 3 days at a time, wouldn't it be easier / cheaper to just rent a car each visit? At least you wouldn't have to worry about the maintenance part.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:07 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by scoow
When you are here only 3 days at a time, wouldn't it be easier / cheaper to just rent a car each visit? At least you wouldn't have to worry about the maintenance part.
Bought a "new" car for the 20 year old (2012 Honda CRV).
Registered and inspected one of my cars, that is now the car of the 17 year old (2008 Infiniti M45x).
Serviced "my" car, which is a 2003 Escalade; and has been overdue for a quick service (and, well, I needed to pay the plow-guy anyway; who does the "basic" service on this vehicle).

The only seldom used/under utilized vehicle is the 2003 Escalade; but, I am home for around 5 weeks this summer; and it's a pretty mint vehicle (my baby) that has been meticulously maintained for years (as well as paid off, for years).

I coordinate most of the service issues with the kids; but I did need to physically be present to purchase the "new" Honda; so I figured I'd just take care of the other things anyway. I'm very friendly with the Infiniti folks (been around here for years); so it's nice to chat and say high (and bring chocolates) to old friends.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Purchase one of those houses and then ask your bosses for battlefield promotions.
LOL, I don't think that would work.
Originally Posted by DeltaWings

When are you going to visit your grandma? We should have a DO then.
Originally Posted by jackal
The most I think I could be accused of is receiving mail in Lancaster County...

I do wonder why I didn't just continue receiving mail in ANC. Taxes are lower (read: zero) there.

Btw, I visited Gettysburg NMP for the first time since 2001 last week. Extraordinarily impressive what they've done there in the visitor's center/museum. I also took a quick visit to Eisenhower's house. I like the little town of Gettysburg, except I can imagine it would get old dealing with all the tourists...
LOL, you seem to be here occasionally.

Having lived near Virginia Beach for a few years, and having to deal with tourists there, I have no desire to move to the western side of Gettysburg!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
DMZ tour today. Can I count North Korea as a visited country if I step across the line inside the conference room?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
DMZ tour today. Can I count North Korea as a visited country if I step across the line inside the conference room?
LOL, sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.