Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Done! This morning due to visiting their office and sweet talking the scheduling lady.
Very nice!
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
I'll have to check that out.

More importantly we have power back, a few hours short of 5 days. There's a lot of clean up to do, but for now I am just sitting in the A.C.
They have a horrible odor, but Geno loves them and they work.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Have you tried beer? One bottle in his bowl and a second for you?

Our boxer used to love beer!
No beer for ours, as it's not good or them.
Originally Posted by Zorak
Normally I just reflexively take Starpoints as my welcome gift but something made me ask what the local amenity was (Aloft Austin Downtown), and it turns out it's two cans of local beer ^

Attachment 39982

I am now prepared to remain calm through any thunderstorms
LOL
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Booked an October trip to San Diego.

Dr. P is presenting at a conference, and I plan to visit as many breweries as possible. I might even save a few of them for when she's not working. I've been to Stone in Richmond a couple times, but I think I need to rent a car for a day and make a pilgrimage to their site in Escondido. I'm open to any other recommendations. Staying on the edge of Gaslamp district and walkable is great.
+1 for Stone in Escondido; I stopped by there a couple years back during a LAX-SAN drive ... Ballast Point (in the Miramar vicinity iirc) was also a good venue when we visited in 2009
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:28 am

Mr. Kipper is out of town this week for a training course, and I am enjoying only having to share the bed with the dogs. Of course, rather than all three dogs trying to share the bed, last night, it was only one, because the other two took guard positions in other rooms.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
Normally I just reflexively take Starpoints as my welcome gift but something made me ask what the local amenity was (Aloft Austin Downtown), and it turns out it's two cans of local beer ^

Attachment 39982

I am now prepared to remain calm through any thunderstorms
^^^
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm thinking of taking my wife to IST to burn some Untied United points before they expire. Any tips from those who've been there?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
I'm thinking of taking my wife to IST to burn some Untied United points before they expire. Any tips from those who've been there?
We spent a week in Istanbul in Spring 2014 and loved it. I rented a great 1 bedroom flat with a large balcony near Istikal Cadessi (main shopping street which leads to Taksim Square) for $75/night through VRBO. This was before I used AirBnB, so it's probably easier to find places like that now. I'd definitely recommend that part of town. It's close to the tourist sights but also allows you to get more of a local experience.

We visited the Asian side for one day, but I'd probably spend a night or two over there on a future trip. There's a nice looking Doubletree right on the water or I'm sure you can find similar flat rentals. Food was extremely cheap over there although we had to do a lot of pointing at menus because English is considerably less prevalent.

One thing we didn't do that I wish we had was visiting the Princes' Islands. They're just off-shore and don't allow cars, so all transportation is by horse-and-buggy. We actually met a Turkish couple on our Greek cruise last month who live 8 months in the city and spend the summer season on one of the islands.

If you do go, I can look back at my notes for specific sites and restaurants.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:30 am

My wife's been looking at sights to see while I've been at work, but it looks like the Princes’ Islands would be nice. We're not sure when we'll be going but I need to book flights by the end of October. It looks like there are some very inexpensive Marriott and Hilton hotels either points or $.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
We spent a week in Istanbul in Spring 2014 and loved it. I rented a great 1 bedroom flat with a large balcony near Istikal Cadessi (main shopping street which leads to Taksim Square) for $75/night through VRBO. This was before I used AirBnB, so it's probably easier to find places like that now. I'd definitely recommend that part of town. It's close to the tourist sights but also allows you to get more of a local experience.
We used AirBnB for all of our lodging in PRG. It was easy and inexpensive.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Enjoy the TK lounge at IST. Best J and Star Gold lounge in the system.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We stayed at the Sur Hotel Sultanahmet for 45 Euro/night in Oct. 2009, good location but "boutique" hotels aren't everyone's preference. This was the cheapest hotel I could find near the Grand Mosque/palace/Hagia Sofia, etc., with decent reviews.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:01 pm

Anyone familiar with the Korean bbq scene in LA these days? Spending a couple nights there next week and want to find a late night place for Sunday and maybe another for sometime Monday. AYCE is fine if it's moderately priced, otherwise we're mostly looking for good galbi. Bonus points for real charcoal!

Other good food or drink recommendations welcome - we love most all food, beer, and whiskey.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:18 pm

We're trying to decide it the Travel Warning in Turkey should scare us off...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:19 pm

We're trying to decide it the Travel Warning in Turkey should scare us off...
You only live once?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
You only live once?
Unless you're Mr. Bond.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
You only live once?
​​​​​
Originally Posted by WWads
Unless you're Mr. Bond.
or unless you have some feline genes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.