Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads
Unless you're Mr. Bond.
Mmm, James Bond...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Mmm, James Bond...
The exact quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQb...youtu.be&t=30s
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by synergistic
Anyone familiar with the Korean bbq scene in LA these days? Spending a couple nights there next week and want to find a late night place for Sunday and maybe another for sometime Monday. AYCE is fine if it's moderately priced, otherwise we're mostly looking for good galbi. Bonus points for real charcoal!

Other good food or drink recommendations welcome - we love most all food, beer, and whiskey.
if you're referring to this coming Mon night (26 Sep), I'll be in El Segundo ... not well acquainted with Korean bbq options, but always up for "adventure dining" (and, of course, libations )
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
if you're referring to this coming Mon night (26 Sep), I'll be in El Segundo ... not well acquainted with Korean bbq options, but always up for "adventure dining" (and, of course, libations )
Libations... when are you headed this way again?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Libations... when are you headed this way again?
driving from Ridgewood NJ to the IAD area Sun 22 Oct; my Sat night hosts have Giants season tickets, so I will probably be departing their house around 11am
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:18 pm

Yep, though I'm hoping that you meant 25 Sep, because otherwise I've completely screwed up this segment/mattress run =p

We get in late Sunday, but plana to hit a few breweries in Torrance on Monday afternoon, followed by an oyster happy hour in Manhattan Beach before we catch a nice Pacific sunset. Further plans that evening are all up in the air, but will definitely revolve around food and drink. If any part that sounds fun to you, we'd be happy to have some company at any point!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergistic
Yep, though I'm hoping that you meant 25 Sep, because otherwise I've completely screwed up this segment/mattress run =p

We get in late Sunday, but plana to hit a few breweries in Torrance on Monday afternoon, followed by an oyster happy hour in Manhattan Beach before we catch a nice Pacific sunset. Further plans that evening are all up in the air, but will definitely revolve around food and drink. If any part that sounds fun to you, we'd be happy to have some company at any point!
fat thumb yes this coming Mon 25th

I was at HopSaint (5160 W 190th, Torrance) and the King Harbor Brewing Co tasting room (on the International Boardwalk at the namesake location in Redondo Beach) a couple weeks ago; while I can highly recommend the brews at both, there is no food at the latter

more than happy to meet up somewhere in Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach (or El Segundo, where parking is **much** easier) around 7 ... will PM some ideas
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
You only live once?
Your words of encouragement were not inspiring to my wife.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I was at HopSaint (5160 W 190th, Torrance) and the King Harbor Brewing Co tasting room (on the International Boardwalk at the namesake location in Redondo Beach) a couple weeks ago; while I can highly recommend the brews at both, there is no food at the latter

more than happy to meet up somewhere in Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach (or El Segundo, where parking is **much** easier) around 7 ... will PM some ideas
On a related note...
I see the intersection of Main and Franklin in El Segundo has El Segundo Brewing Company on one corner and tap houses (Rock & Brews and Brewport Tap House) on 2 other corners. Any experience with these places? It seems like going to that area might be an easier and cheaper option for our overnight layover than making it out to Manhattan Beach. I see a brewstillery (Rob Rubens) nearby as well, but it's closed on Mondays.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:16 pm

driving from Ridgewood NJ to the IAD area Sun 22 Oct; my Sat night hosts have Giants season tickets, so I will probably be departing their house around 11am
Which means you'd arrive around 2?
Originally Posted by Howste
Your words of encouragement were not inspiring to my wife.
I wouldn't worry about it. IMO, part of terrorism is getting people to worry and not do things like travel.
mattp1987 and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
On a related note...
I see the intersection of Main and Franklin in El Segundo has El Segundo Brewing Company on one corner and tap houses (Rock & Brews and Brewport Tap House) on 2 other corners. Any experience with these places? It seems like going to that area might be an easier and cheaper option for our overnight layover than making it out to Manhattan Beach. I see a brewstillery (Rob Rubens) nearby as well, but it's closed on Mondays.
I posted about Brewport a few weeks ago ... ESBC has good brews but no food; Rock & Brews is really a sports pub with an outdoor patio, and I haven't actually sampled their beers
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:48 pm

I posted about Brewport a few weeks ago ... ESBC has good brews but no food; Rock & Brews is really a sports pub with an outdoor patio, and I haven't actually sampled their beers
And I still find the concept interesting.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Ah, I actually responded to that post. Looks like BrewPort would be right up our alley. Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
To MR or not to MR that is the question. I do not need, MQMs, MQDs etc. However, I have calculated that by Dec 31st 2017 I will be at 999,680 Million Miler miles. This would million Miler in time for the new year. Decisions, decisions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.