Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I flew F9 in the mid 2000s back in my kettle days, I think PHL-DEN. Don't remember too much about it though.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew F9 after they acquired YX on whom I had originally purchased my ticket. They had warm cookies back then which was a YX trademark and they introduced on their flights. Unfortunately it looks like they enhanced them out of their offerings about 5 years ago. I miss YX -- I would get a plated hot breakfast and sparkling wine on MKE-->OMA every Monday AM for 2 years. It was PMNW's gain and now DL's that F9 killed their route system.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
North Central FLorida checking in ... just got power back about an hour ago ... was projecting we would drain the generator's propane tank about 8:30 this evening. Bullet dodged.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
My wife wants to live on water and I can never convince her that the small retention pond is "water, but now she agrees that she lives on water.
I believe that particular episode of The Office called it a "Win, Win, Win".
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Heading out tomorrow and looking forward to using my newly minted SkyClub credentials. XXX-ATL-JAX. Have a 2 hour layover in ATL around the 10a hour. Hopefully DL won't have me stuck in the D terminal the whole time. I've tried the basement lounge in D and the big, nice B lounge on day-passes. I'd like to get over to F.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
2 hours is plenty of time to head to another concourse @:-)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
You should definitely check out F at least once, but I prefer the food and drink selection at B. Food at F is usually similar to E, so I usually prefer E because it feels roomier unless I want to use the SkyDeck.

Had three beers tonight, all from TX including two that are new-to-me. Community Beer Company Mosaic IPA from Dallas, High Wheel Beerkworks Dunkelweizen from San Antonio, and Shiner Oktoberfest. This time last year I was a couple days away from heading to the real Oktoberfest.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
thanks for the thoughts. It's 90 again today so that sucks. Maybe it did increase the value of the property. Missing a week in Hilton Head but we did do Vegas last week and leave in a week for a wedding in Virginia. Our dog was excited that she got to come home and enjoy the hurricane with us.
Hope you get power back before you leave for the wedding! How did the dog do with the hurricane?
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
North Central FLorida checking in ... just got power back about an hour ago ... was projecting we would drain the generator's propane tank about 8:30 this evening. Bullet dodged.
Yay! Time to refill the propane tank.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
Hope you get power back before you leave for the wedding! How did the dog do with the hurricane?

She seemed to do okay (Cairn Terrier) with the hurricane because it wasn't stormy. We all slept in the car in the garage and she was in the back seat in her bed. The garage is partially underground and has no windows so it's definitely the safest place. She is afraid of thunderstorms and we had one tonight, so we had to put her thundershirt on which works well. She's always been pretty adaptable so she seems fine with the darkness, but would probably also like it to be cooler.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
She seemed to do okay (Cairn Terrier) with the hurricane because it wasn't stormy. We all slept in the car in the garage and she was in the back seat in her bed. The garage is partially underground and has no windows so it's definitely the safest place. She is afraid of thunderstorms and we had one tonight, so we had to put her thundershirt on which works well. She's always been pretty adaptable so she seems fine with the darkness, but would probably also like it to be cooler.
Generalissimo Geno is also afraid of thunderstorms. We use a thundershirt and also now use Licks Zen Calming paste. He loves them and they work almost instantly.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Yay! Time to refill the propane tank.
Done! This morning due to visiting their office and sweet talking the scheduling lady.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Generalissimo Geno is also afraid of thunderstorms. We use a thundershirt and also now use Licks Zen Calming paste. He loves them and they work almost instantly.
I'll have to check that out.

More importantly we have power back, a few hours short of 5 days. There's a lot of clean up to do, but for now I am just sitting in the A.C.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:10 am

Greetings from 36,000 feet! I'm cheating on DL today AS3300 SJC-AUS for a tech conference.
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Have you tried beer? One bottle in his bowl and a second for you?

Our boxer used to love beer!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Normally I just reflexively take Starpoints as my welcome gift but something made me ask what the local amenity was (Aloft Austin Downtown), and it turns out it's two cans of local beer ^

Name:  1505613436-picsay.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  128.2 KB

I am now prepared to remain calm through any thunderstorms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.