Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
717 I'm on is crazy empty. 67 open seats.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by apodo77
That's Mt. Saint Helens and Mt. Rainier sticking up above the wildfire smoke from earlier in the month.
cool pic

I trust you've seen the "Views From Above the Wing" thread on the AS board ... wonder if the crowd here would be as receptive ...
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Prague is lots of fun, but take care lest you be defenestrated.

Originally Posted by ograff
In reference to a post where I asked if I should do a MR to CUN:

I ended up doing it! It was actually a lot of fun and I actually cleared on the final leg too due to #TeamBoardLast and a misconnect. It was more fun than I expected and I got a decent amount of sleep in the MCO sky club with a 5 hours layover. The only major annoying thing was on CUN-MSP the woman next to me got very intoxicated (she seemed like a nervous flyer) spilled twice (luckily I managed to avoid most of it), fell asleep covering the entire armrest (my side too) and thankfully got cut off. It appeared she had taken her husbands gate UG since the FA said "You're not mr. SoandSo" and she said "Oh yes they only had one seat up front left and he told me to take it".

On a completely other note, checking in in SJU today, while tagging my bags, the TA repeated my info to the Red Coat next to her (Spelling of last name and birthday). I found this kind of odd. My only theory is that they were making sure I wasn't traveling on my dad's SM since she made a comment about being amazed I was so young and a DM. Anyone have any other thoughts on that? Not really worth its own thread but I'm curious to see if the lounge has any musings.
Sounds like it was very nice, with the exception of the woman.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi all,

I do not understand what they says about construction at ATL on Facebook, but I could not find onto atl.next.com website. When it did start construction at new entire concourse G? When it will be completed? On what years is that? When it did start construction the plane train?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

I do not understand what they says about construction at ATL on Facebook, but I could not find onto atl.next.com website. When it did start construction at new entire concourse G? When it will be completed? On what years is that? When it did start construction the plane train?
Concourse G construction is still a year or two off, I'm pretty sure. Scheduled to open in 2026.

Construction right now is limited to renovations in current concourses. T is mostly done, with A being the biggest construction zone right now. The new interior designs look great, especially in person. Glad to see the IAD C/D feel to some of the concourses go.

N830MH likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by WWads
Concourse G construction is still a year or two off, I'm pretty sure. Scheduled to open in 2026.

Construction right now is limited to renovations in current concourses. T is mostly done, with A being the biggest construction zone right now. The new interior designs look great, especially in person. Glad to see the IAD C/D feel to some of the concourses go.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate that. I am pretty sure they will start construction. It will take a while.

PS. Please posts a construction photos. I would like to see that.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Thanks for your help. I appreciate that. I am pretty sure they will start construction. It will take a while.

PS. Please posts a construction photos. I would like to see that.
Right now A looks like the typical ATL construction zone. Ceiling panels missing, lots of hanging lights and conduits. Big difference is that most windows are behind temporary barriers. No doubt being replaced with larger windows similar to what's pictured. T is just about finished. Not sure which concourse is up next, but B would be my guess.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Hi everyone! I'm spending the night in FRA and tomorrow morning, I head to PRG. If I spend all vacation walking like I did today, I may be a little cranky.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:41 pm

Just booked a one-stop trip with CRJs on both legs.

Do I hate myself?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by WWads
Just booked a one-stop trip with CRJs on both legs.

Do I hate myself?
"Do" ... you tell us
"Should" ... probably
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
"Do" ... you tell us
"Should" ... probably
In this case I'm flying to Upstate NY ex-IAD. Outbound on a UA turboprop, return on DL via JFK. Cheapest option by far.

I've been wanting to fly on a Q200 before they go, so I guess this is my chance.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delete, see below ... did what I just hammered someone else for doing yesterday (hit Quote instead of Edit)
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know if UA declares the first row or two of the Dash-8 as "Economy Plus" but I flew on a bunch of these in CO colors ~2006-2010 ... the view out the windows from rows 3-7 is completely dominated by the nacelle, and I think the last row (9?) may be a five-across bench
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
I don't know if UA declares the first row or two of the Dash-8 as "Economy Plus" but I flew on a bunch of these in CO colors ~2006-2010 ... the view out the windows from rows 3-7 is completely dominated by the nacelle, and I think the last row (9?) may be a five-across bench
So I should avoid the front row if I want a view? They only block out a few seats for elites; no E+. Not even UA is that low.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

iirc 1 is unobstructed (it's actually the exit row), 2 has the prop and spinner ... I always opted for 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.