Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
No, I have no problem with this cussion.

It's just that I intentionally butcher the English language on occasion and my wife thinks it's good I haven't inappropriately influenced any young ones.
OK, because we only want paraging remarks in here.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Sigh... to all of it!
not astrous, but I'm very appointed/mayed that none of the above merited your more traditional response
Old May 11, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
not astrous, but I'm very appointed/mayed that none of the above merited your more traditional response
Sorry!
Old May 11, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Bu if you're criminating, they're pretty much the same.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Spent today doing the Nautilicus/USS Wisconsin/Naval Base Cruise tour combo in Norfolk. Highly recommended if you're into naval history etc.

(Keeping this post short, so that it's only a sertation)
Old May 11, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Spent today doing the Nautilicus/USS Wisconsin/Naval Base Cruise tour combo in Norfolk. Highly recommended if you're into naval history etc.

I would've recommended a few places to stop down that way (like St. George Brewing Co. in Hampton), had I known you were going to be there. In fact, if you'll be back to MD and have a bit of free time before heading home, I'll pay you to bring some of their beer back for me.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

Saw your pictures on Facebook. Looks like you had a good time It's probably been about 20 years since I've been to Nauticus, but I remember enjoying the Wisconsin tour. Norfolk has been trying to develop the Waterside area for probably 30 years with limited success, but I always thought the whale mural was really cool.

If you're still there, be sure to check out SmartMouth and O'Connor's breweries. I also enjoyed the one in Hampton on what used to be Fort Monroe.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Have you ever visited the naval history museum at Annapolis? It's interesting, and it's also an excuse to explore the rest of the Naval Academy "campus" and the town of Annapolis.

A assume you've already visited the ships in Boston and the submarine outside of the science museum in Paris.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
I would've recommended a few places to stop down that way (like St. George Brewing Co. in Hampton), had I known you were going to be there. In fact, if you'll be back to MD and have a bit of free time before heading home, I'll pay you to bring some of their beer back for me.
I said I was going to Norfolk/Kitty Hawk but you were probably too distracted by the RAR Brewing beer in the post to notice

Unfortunately we are most likely headed back up the Eastern Shore route but if that changes I'll see if I can drop by there

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Saw your pictures on Facebook. Looks like you had a good time It's probably been about 20 years since I've been to Nauticus, but I remember enjoying the Wisconsin tour. Norfolk has been trying to develop the Waterside area for probably 30 years with limited success, but I always thought the whale mural was really cool.

If you're still there, be sure to check out SmartMouth and O'Connor's breweries. I also enjoyed the one in Hampton on what used to be Fort Monroe.
I had an El Guapo IPA (meh) and the Norfolk Canyon Pale Ale (liked this better) tonight. Had a Back Bay yesterday but I already can't remember which one

We're staying at the Sheraton Waterside... the eateries in the adjoining development seemed to be doing pretty well even mid-week.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Have you ever visited the naval history museum at Annapolis? It's interesting, and it's also an excuse to explore the rest of the Naval Academy "campus" and the town of Annapolis.

A assume you've already visited the ships in Boston and the submarine outside of the science museum in Paris.
I visited the Naval Academy decades ago. Don't think I've done the others offhand. USS Nautilus submarine museum in Groton, CT also decades ago.

Given I'm in BWI a lot (grew up there) when you said "... assume you've already visited" I thought it was going to be followed by USS Constellation (and yes, also decades ago as a child)

Last edited by Zorak; May 11, 2018 at 9:08 pm Reason: additional/missing words
Old May 11, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I had an El Guapo IPA (meh) and the Norfolk Canyon Pale Ale (liked this better) tonight. Had a Back Bay yesterday but I already can't remember which one

We're staying at the Sheraton Waterside... the eateries in the adjoining development seemed to be doing pretty well even mid-week.

I visited the Naval Academy decades ago. Don't think I've done the others offhand. USS Nautilus submarine museum in Groton, CT also decades ago.
I think I enjoyed the breweries I mentioned largely based on going there in person. Honestly, I went to those when my grandmother was in a coma and my dad, uncle, B-I-L, and I "escaped" for a bit to grab a couple drinks. I'm not sure what I would have thought of the beers outside the breweries. Glad to hear Waterside is supposedly doing well because they've been trying to revitalize that area forever.

Wow, just realized it's probably been 15 years since I visited the Naval Academy although I got engaged in Annapolis not far from USNA.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Academy grounds are specially beautiful at dusk, after the tights come on but just before it gets totally dark out.

I also like the "downtown" portion of Annapolis with the historic commercial area, but the highway approach to the town is awful with the strip malls and chain fastfood establishments.

Does anyone know the traditional fine dining restaurant on the outskirts of Annapolis in a big old house? I think it not surprisingly specialized in fish and seafood.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Academy grounds are specially beautiful at dusk, after the tights come on but just before it gets totally dark out.

I also like the "downtown" portion of Annapolis with the historic commercial area, but the highway approach to the town is awful with the strip malls and chain fastfood establishments.

Does anyone know the traditional fine dining restaurant on the outskirts of Annapolis in a big old house? I think it not surprisingly specialized in fish and seafood.
the Severn Inn is on the west side of its namesake river, facing the Academy ... excellent dining, especially on the deck when the summer heat/humidity combination isn’t overly oppressive

Old May 12, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

last week’s beer adventures in SoCal featured “Sumnug” DIPA (8.8% ABV) from Palmdale’s Transplants Brewing, plus a stop at the aptly named Zymurgy Brew Works in Torrance ... for a nominal fee they will guide you through the make-your-own process from grain to growler ... I didn’t have time to participate, and it would be challenging to get the finished product home to Seattle, but the products they were sampling were really good (particularly the Mosey: 7.5% ABV, 68 IBU)

Zorak likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:32 am

on the west side of its namesake river, facing the Academy
not to be confused with the River Severn, which I have also crossed
Old May 12, 2018, 6:01 pm

I said I was going to Norfolk/Kitty Hawk but you were probably too distracted by the RAR Brewing beer in the post to notice

Unfortunately we are most likely headed back up the Eastern Shore route but if that changes I'll see if I can drop by there

Given I'm in BWI a lot (grew up there) when you said "... assume you've already visited" I thought it was going to be followed by USS Constellation (and yes, also decades ago as a child)
LOL, it's in a lot of the grocery stores around there too. Really, I need to get back down there sometime, but not during tourist season!

last week’s beer adventures in SoCal featured “Sumnug” DIPA (8.8% ABV) from Palmdale’s Transplants Brewing, plus a stop at the aptly named Zymurgy Brew Works in Torrance ... for a nominal fee they will guide you through the make-your-own process from grain to growler ... I didn’t have time to participate, and it would be challenging to get the finished product home to Seattle, but the products they were sampling were really good (particularly the Mosey: 7.5% ABV, 68 IBU)

Yummy! I haven't had a beer since Monday, and that one was an old Hop Devil. *Sigh* this is what my life has become apparently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.