Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I have indeed. In NOLA it's a daily occurrence.

Originally Posted by skchin
Last time he sent me 2 pounds of Israeli chocolates for winning his game. It tasted good and I'm still alive.
I'm jealous!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Does anyone know if the Aeromexico ERJ-190 has a bulkhead wall between coach and FC? Or is it a curtain?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Well, why were you there only one night?
Are you with Airport Security?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have indeed. In NOLA it's a daily occurrence.
Do you know if they sell hot sauce at MSY? I am running quite low and am tired of the stuff I got in Buffalo. I will be doing an MSY turn soon if they sell hot sauce at the airport.

In other news, I am going to try to go to SLC this weekend for a funeral One of my favorite professors passed away very unexpectedly last weekend.

-J.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Israel was the bomb. I spent half day entering and existing the country.
They kept asking why I'm only there 1 night.
That's probally a five or higher on that yellow sticker. Only needed 80 minutes earlier tonight/very early morning trying to leave...but then i stayed 2 nights
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Do you know if they sell hot sauce at MSY? I am running quite low and am tired of the stuff I got in Buffalo. I will be doing an MSY turn soon if they sell hot sauce at the airport.

-J.
The 2 LA made hot sauces widely sold here are Tabasco and Crystal. There are different flavors and varieties of each. I haven't looked specifically but I'm certain that you can get Tabasco at MSY. and it's also available across the country in supermarkets and liquor stores.

If you're looking for something else, be more specific.

Additional info:

Wegman's, with 11 stores in and around Buffalo carries at least 6 varieties of Tabasco and also has Crystal. Based on past experience with their stores, I'd expect that they have many more brands and varieties.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Apr 30, 2015 at 4:59 am Reason: Additional info
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Israel was the bomb. I spent half day entering and existing the country.
They kept asking why I'm only there 1 night.
They are evil. Once we were about to board a flight from CAI to TLV and were detained for about 15 minutes because they required us to "prove" we were in Egypt. Of course, the incoming boarding pass and passport stamp were insufficient for them.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
They are evil. Once we were about to board a flight from CAI to TLV and were detained for about 15 minutes because they required us to "prove" we were in Egypt. Of course, the incoming boarding pass and passport stamp were insufficient for them.
Are you with Airport Security?
You were lucky. I spent about 3-4 hours total waiting in a tiny room lobby.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
The 2 LA made hot sauces widely sold here are Tabasco ...
Generally referred to in here as "Texas Pete". After all, this is Cholula country.

Speaking of which, does this stuff ever go bad? I have a magnum of Cholula left over from the 2007 or 2008 PBI meet. It's looking a bit thick but has no expiration date that I can find.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Generally referred to in here as "Texas Pete". After all, this is Cholula country.

Speaking of which, does this stuff ever go bad? I have a magnum of Cholula left over from the 2007 or 2008 PBI meet. It's looking a bit thick but has no expiration date that I can find.

Never goes "bad" per se. Just harmless oxidation over time which darkens it and thickens it.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton

In other news, I am going to try to go to SLC this weekend for a funeral One of my favorite professors passed away very unexpectedly last weekend.

-J.
Sorry for your loss!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The 2 LA made hot sauces widely sold here are Tabasco and Crystal. There are different flavors and varieties of each. I haven't looked specifically but I'm certain that you can get Tabasco at MSY. and it's also available across the country in supermarkets and liquor stores.

If you're looking for something else, be more specific.

Additional info:

Wegman's, with 11 stores in and around Buffalo carries at least 6 varieties of Tabasco and also has Crystal. Based on past experience with their stores, I'd expect that they have many more brands and varieties.
I'm looking for Crystal! I'm not a huge fan of Tabasco, and we already have a decent supply of Cholula (although donations are always appreciated, Cholula ). I'm looking to find Crystal in an airport somewhere since I can't seem to find it here in NYC (although I'll admit I haven't been looking too hard). In Buffalo I can get Anchor Bar hot sauce in the terminal I think.

Originally Posted by N639DL
Sorry for your loss!
Thanks... it's a huge loss for my school and the aviation community in SLC. He had the best story about baking sweet buns in the back of a C-5 Galaxy and how CBP kept trying to eat them.

I got a 17.5k one-way award coming back Sunday night SLC-ATL-LGA; figured that's worth not having to risk going standby. For the first time in my life, I was thinking how I'd rather take JetBlue than a Delta 757

-J.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'm looking for Crystal! I'm not a huge fan of Tabasco, and we already have a decent supply of Cholula (although donations are always appreciated, Cholula ). I'm looking to find Crystal in an airport somewhere since I can't seem to find it here in NYC (although I'll admit I haven't been looking too hard). In Buffalo I can get Anchor Bar hot sauce in the terminal I think.

-J.
Why not take the easy way - AMAZON.COM

it'll be cheaper than an airport, even if you don't have prime and have to pay shipping.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Why not take the easy way - AMAZON.COM

it'll be cheaper than an airport, even if you don't have prime and have to pay shipping.
What's the fun in that?

-J.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:48 am

I'll make it even easier for you, Gristedes has it.

An alternative, if you really want to do an MR, come to MSY but instead of a quick turn, take a shuttle down to the French Quarter. There's a shop in the French Market that has at least 500 different hot sauces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.