Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by kipper
Anyone want to fill in for me today as an adult?
Are you feeling childish?
Old May 5, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
Anyone want to fill in for me today as an adult?
There are adults here?
Old May 5, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackplum
There are adults here?
What is an adult? Not sure I've heard of this word.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jackal
I believe "adult" has something to do with the level of supervision required when little girls are around little Dovster.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well there are beverages and then there are Cold ADULT Beverages. Does that help at all?

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I believe "adult" has something to do with the level of supervision required when little girls are around little Dovster.
Well I like your suggestion but I think my reply to jackal hits the nail on the head more squarely.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
You could've not put the "little" in that sentence and that would've been even funnier!
Old May 5, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
TMI
Old May 5, 2015, 6:12 pm

Good morning! This is my first post on FlyerTalk! I have been lurking around here for about a year now.

I am a university student, working for Delta part-time to pay the bills. Reading threads on this forum has helped me know what not to do. Some ideas that I gained from FlyerTalk have made passengers that I work with happy.

I hate hearing complaints about my job/the people with whom I work every day, but I remember them when the shenanigans-prone situations happen in front of me. Most recent example: I was the gate agent for a flight to MSP. A couple un-checked in by calling Reservations 10 minutes before departure. I told the flight attendant this before closing the door, and she immediately tried to upgrade deadheading crew. I called out her shenanigans and pulled #1 and #2 on the upgrade list (I was assuming she would have done this). Normally, I would have told #1 and #2 about possible upgrades, but the no-shows were last minute and done through calling Reservations. I like taking care of my fellow employees, but paying customers always come first IMHO. The deadheading crew still had nice seats.

I will not post anything on FlyerTalk that is not somehow publicly available, so my personal views on flying-related topics cannot get me into any trouble.

Edit: My first lesson -- clicking the Post Quick Reply button three times will post three replies.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:48 pm

Welcome to FT!
Old May 5, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Widgets
Good morning! This is my first post on FlyerTalk! I have been lurking around here for about a year now.
Welcome to FT.

Most recent example: I was the gate agent for a flight to MSP. A couple un-checked in by calling Reservations 10 minutes before departure. I told the flight attendant this before closing the door, and she immediately tried to upgrade deadheading crew. I called out her shenanigans and pulled #1 and #2 on the upgrade list (I was assuming she would have done this). Normally, I would have told #1 and #2 about possible upgrades, but the no-shows were last minute and done through calling Reservations. I like taking care of my fellow employees, but paying customers always come first IMHO.
And thanks! (Now, if they were upgraded from E+, moving nonrevs there would be reasonable.)
Old May 5, 2015, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Are you feeling childish?
I want to run away and stop being an adult!
Originally Posted by jackplum
There are adults here?
A few, at least when alcohol is mentioned.
I don't don't that.
LOL!
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well there are beverages and then there are Cold ADULT Beverages. Does that help at all?

Well I like your suggestion but I think my reply to jackal hits the nail on the head more squarely.
LOL!

I am a university student, working for Delta part-time to pay the bills. Reading threads on this forum has helped me know what not to do. Some ideas that I gained from FlyerTalk have made passengers that I work with happy.

I hate hearing complaints about my job/the people with whom I work every day, but I remember them when the shenanigans-prone situations happen in front of me. Most recent example: I was the gate agent for a flight to MSP. A couple un-checked in by calling Reservations 10 minutes before departure. I told the flight attendant this before closing the door, and she immediately tried to upgrade deadheading crew. I called out her shenanigans and pulled #1 and #2 on the upgrade list (I was assuming she would have done this). Normally, I would have told #1 and #2 about possible upgrades, but the no-shows were last minute and done through calling Reservations. I like taking care of my fellow employees, but paying customers always come first IMHO. The deadheading crew still had nice seats.

I will not post anything on FlyerTalk that is not somehow publicly available, so my personal views on flying-related topics cannot get me into any trouble.

Edit: My first lesson -- clicking the Post Quick Reply button three times will post three replies.
Welcome to FT!

I guess this is actually your 3rd post.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Well I had an interesting weekend. I went to SLC for a funeral; one of my professors who I was close with unexpectedly passed away at 59 I was lucky enough to get a seat going out, but I used SkyMiles to fly home. It was great to see my classmates and faculty, and also many of my friends at the airport. It was my first time flying Delta since last November. I was on what I thought was an old ghetto 737-800 -- my gosh they sure are nice now!

Welcome to FT! I used to intern in the SLC Chief Pilots Office, and know many Delta people at SLC and a few at the GO in Atlanta too. I graduated last May and now I am interning in NYC at a little blue airline.

-J.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

Welcome to FT, and thanks for keeping the customers front and center at your job!
Old May 6, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Welcome to FT ^
Old May 6, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton

Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.