Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Cholula
Never goes "bad" per se. Just harmless oxidation over time which darkens it and thickens it.
What's the half life?
Old May 1, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'm looking for Crystal! I'm not a huge fan of Tabasco, and we already have a decent supply of Cholula (although donations are always appreciated, Cholula ). I'm looking to find Crystal in an airport somewhere since I can't seem to find it here in NYC (although I'll admit I haven't been looking too hard). In Buffalo I can get Anchor Bar hot sauce in the terminal I think.

-J.
I can send some to you. I am in Wegmans flagship store (Pittsford near ROC) a few times a week.

Or we could have a Sauce DO.

Or a Beer and Sauce DO. We can call it the BS DO.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Great times at the Freddie Awards last night!
Old May 1, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Back in the UK again.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackplum
I can send some to you. I am in Wegmans flagship store (Pittsford near ROC) a few times a week.

I love the idea of a Beer and Sauce DO!
Old May 1, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond, Marriot Platinum Premier Lifetime, American Gold Lifetime
I am a Diamond Medallion since the inception of the program and I still have to see a standby request out of Atlanta being fulfilled. I live in Orlando and everytime I get early out of work, I have come to the realization that I need to wait for my original flight because it is impossible to get a standby seat. Today I thought it was the first time and surprise, surprise there were 6 inconvenienced travelers that bump me way back and the 6 available seats in that flight while I was number 2 in the list, became no seat for me in that flight. I have come to the realization that I will be spending 4 more hours in this airport and go to my original flight because it is very undignifying to go from gate to gate and hope to get on a plane and seeing others checking bags (which I dread) having to do that and then the final word of the agent saying that the fight is complete and all the standby will be moved to the next flight. I feel almost like a beggers asking for crums. I fly 125,000+ MQM's a year and spend 50K+ dollars in this airline and I need to beg for an early seat. Something is wrong with this.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:14 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by Gava71
I am a Diamond Medallion since the inception of the program and I still have to see a standby request out of Atlanta being fulfilled. I live in Orlando and everytime I get early out of work, I have come to the realization that I need to wait for my original flight because it is impossible to get a standby seat. Today I thought it was the first time and surprise, surprise there were 6 inconvenienced travelers that bump me way back and the 6 available seats in that flight while I was number 2 in the list, became no seat for me in that flight. I have come to the realization that I will be spending 4 more hours in this airport and go to my original flight because it is very undignifying to go from gate to gate and hope to get on a plane and seeing others checking bags (which I dread) having to do that and then the final word of the agent saying that the fight is complete and all the standby will be moved to the next flight. I feel almost like a beggers asking for crums. I fly 125,000+ MQM's a year and spend 50K+ dollars in this airline and I need to beg for an early seat. Something is wrong with this.
How many threads are you posting this in?
Old May 1, 2015, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I'll make it even easier for you, Gristedes has it.

An alternative, if you really want to do an MR, come to MSY but instead of a quick turn, take a shuttle down to the French Quarter. There's a shop in the French Market that has at least 500 different hot sauces.
Oh shucks, I don't earn miles anymore. I work for an(other) airline, so...

I'd be down! The Pittsford Plaza Wegmans sure is one amazing place. But in all seriousness I may take you up on this at some point.

Originally Posted by Gava71
Welcome to FlyerTalk! When you are the inconvenienced traveler because you got a flat tire, I'm sure you'll appreciate them putting you ahead of everyone else on the next flight.

Alternatively, just book the earlier flight...

-J.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
It's been quiet here in the lounge...
Old May 3, 2015, 5:47 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by N639DL
It's been quiet here in the lounge...
Mr. Kipper and I went to look at land for a home.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Are you both going to build your own home?
Old May 3, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Will you get some buffalo so they can roam?
Old May 3, 2015, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Are you both going to build your own home?
In your front yard, will you place a gnome?
Old May 3, 2015, 1:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In your front yard, will you place a gnome?
And for all to hear will you read us a poem?
Old May 3, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't know about buffalo but I certainly wouldn't want to be a deer or an antelope playing in kipper's back yard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.